Missing Actor thumbnails

ayeroff

What do I need to do to make Emby download all people metadata and images again?

Because I seem to only get the actor images when clicking on each actor one by one.

Only a handful actor images where downloaded without clicking on them.

I tried to refresh all my movies and tvshows on library level, from the detail screen and run the 'refresh people' task multiple times.

It also does not download the images when scanning in a new titles. I always have to click on the single actors. :(

Edited by Marv

Happy2Play

What do I need to do to make Emby download all people metadata and images again?

Because I seem to only get the actor images when clicking on each actor one by one.

Only a handful actor images where downloaded without clicking on them.

I tried to refresh all my movies and tvshows on library level, from the detail screen and run the 'refresh people' task multiple times.

It also does not download the images when scanning in a new titles. I always have to click on the single actors. :(

I would guess you have not enabled "Download images in advance", by design the server only downloads this information as needed.  So when you display the item it should get the actor images.  The in advance setting is found in Dashboard-Library-select each library and set the option.

• 2 weeks later...

im having the same problem, "Download images in advance" check, and download images on advanced is also check

No matter how you configure that setting, we don't download actor images in advance, sorry. We have been asked by the websites hosting the images not to hammer them with image downloads.

remove or hide from ios app and android and also from AndroidTV app, it just dont look rihgt

this is what i mean and it look the same on Ipad nexus or nvidia shield

post-235-0-23244200-1477086635_thumb.png

At one point, Emby Theater only showed actors that had images and then a lot of people complained that they were missing.

Another problem is that, since the images are loaded on demand (and we simply must do this) we don't know whether or not they have an image until we display them.  And, as i said above, they may gain an image at some point in the future.

The only thing you could do is remove them from the source but that isn't really practical and will be overridden by any kind of refresh.

Happy2Play

Theater still hides missing actors, was just testing this, at least the desktop app.  This is where the Cast and Crew need to be reworked since there are so many available/added to the movie metadata.  Do we really need almost all the credits?  There needs to be an option to exclude as I request here.

Emby Theater still does that, so perhaps an option to hide them is best.

i dont know how hard that will be, but can you please add the choice of hide on all apps if is posible please

thank you

Yeah it would be best at the server level. However I would want to be sure it didn't mean you never got an image for someone in the future.

I noticed that when selecting a single actor from Kodi (using the Emby addon for Kodi) it does NOT trigger a download in EmbyServer when the actor image is missing.

Is it maybe possible to implement this somehow? Because otherwise they get only downloaded when I select an actor in Emby which I don't do that often.

Happy2Play

@@Angelblue05

I noticed that when selecting a single actor from Kodi (using the Emby addon for Kodi) it does NOT trigger a download in EmbyServer when the actor image is missing.

Is it maybe possible to implement this somehow? Because otherwise they get only downloaded when I select an actor in Emby which I don't do that often.

Edited by Happy2Play

Angelblue05

It's not something that's possible. The add-on imports the artwork found at the time the item is added or updated. It has no knowledge of what you are doing in Kodi.

Would the option "Download images in advance" server-side, per library, fix this?

Happy2Play

It's not something that's possible. The add-on imports the artwork found at the time the item is added or updated. It has no knowledge of what you are doing in Kodi.

Would the option "Download images in advance" server-side, per library, fix this?

Unfortunately no do to this change.

No matter how you configure that setting, we don't download actor images in advance, sorry. We have been asked by the websites hosting the images not to hammer them with image downloads.

Angelblue05

It sounds crazy, but this might work if you use nfos.

Server dashboard > metadata > nfo settings > Enable save image paths within nfo files. This will trigger an update when an image is updated. This "should" pick up on actors image being added, and this way the add-on will update the content and update all artwork (including actors). This will increase the number of updates generated on your server, but it will allow the add-on to maintain actor images as the server adds them.

Edited by Angelblue05

• 2 months later...
Spyderturbo007

Can someone tell me where to find the "Download all images in advance" setting?   I can't find it anywhere.

It looks like it should be under Server Settings - Metadata - Services, but mine doesn't have that option.

Happy2Play

Can someone tell me where to find the "Download all images in advance" setting?   I can't find it anywhere.

It looks like it should be under Server Settings - Metadata - Services, but mine doesn't have that option.

It is a per library setting where all metadata setting will eventually be.  Go to Library and click on each library.

• 2 weeks later...
phoenixaus

Hi Guys,

Hoping someone can help.

I have actor images, and correct cross-reference of movies, but I am not getting any bio information at all. A refresh from the Actor info doesn't change anything.

When I go to the Metadata page and select people, i don't see any options of Metadata downloaders  (see attached). I have no idea how to add these!

Been looking around, but can't see anyone that is having a similar issue on the forums. Running Version 3.1.2.0

Thanks!

post-18832-0-96265300-1484220299_thumb.jpg

Edited by phoenixaus

Happy2Play

Hi Guys,

Hoping someone can help.

I have actor images, and correct cross-reference of movies, but I am not getting any bio information at all. A refresh from the Actor info doesn't change anything.

When I go to the Metadata page and select people, i don't see any options of Metadata downloaders  (see attached). I have no idea how to add these!

Been looking around, but can't see anyone that is having a similar issue on the forums. Running Version 3.1.2.0

Thanks!

Interesting how you have no options.  Do you have per library options disabled?

5877cc0524d28_people.jpg

phoenixaus

Thanks Guys for the quick responses!

If it helps, I have Media Centre Master source images, 

The XLM for the people on my install is \AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\metadata\People

If I look at Will Smith for example, it is located in a folder W\Will Smith. Within the folder is an image called folder.jpg and a person.xml file with the following entry:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="true"?>

-<Item>

<Added>10/08/2016 7:06:18 AM</Added>

<LockData>false</LockData>

<LocalTitle>Will Smith</LocalTitle>

</Item>

Within with library options, I have the following attached settings:

Is the Bio information downloaded on demand (ie when that cast member is shown on Emby) or is it downloaded and stored?

Thanks!

Library.pdf

post-18832-0-86880500-1484271581_thumb.jpg

post-18832-0-55216300-1484271584_thumb.jpg