Missing Actor thumbnails

ayeroff

so when I enable download biography and images for actors under advanced metadata settings it fetches my local actor images? (I have "download artwork and metadata from internet" and "save artwork and metadata into folders" both disabled)

vick1982

the latest release has a setting under metadata advanced to control that.

i dont see any new setting... just the same as before where you check the boxes... but lots titles are missing main actor pictures and you have to browse each one and hover over it for it to show up on the server dashboard... and it wont show actors with no pictures  on the android app until you have done this ...  running refresh people in the scheduled section also didnt fix this for me.

Happy2Play

You saying you don't see this option?

56dc8f7b3c150_images.jpg

vick1982

hi.. yes i see this option ... but how do you get it to do it for all the previous ones ? i have over 2000 movies.. also this is confusing as i thought it was already supposed to do this.. why is it that it is just some actors images from a title .. mostly the main actor in my situation but all the other actor images were mostly downloaded

Hi,

I still can't seem to get any actor images in Emby.

I use local metadata only. So no downloading checked and no save artwork and metadata into individual folders checked.

Under advanced settings I enabled "download all images in advance" and I also tried checking "download biography and images for actors" (do I even need this with local artwork?)

My actor images are in folders per movie. Each folder called ".actors"

Is there someting else I need to check to get this working?

PierreE

I have a problem with actor images since upgrading from server ver 3.0.5781.5 to the latest 3.0.5882

Actor images have all disappeared/

I checked: with the old version, emby used to store people images at

C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser data\People

with the new version, images are stored at

C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\metadata\People
Is there a way to continue using the old location? It makes more sens when using several accounts (avoids duplicate).

Same issue with other folders: "Studio" (moved at the same location) and "Genre Default" (also moved, and renamed "Genre")

Happy2Play

I have a problem with actor images since upgrading from server ver 3.0.5781.5 to the latest 3.0.5882

Actor images have all disappeared/

I checked: with the old version, emby used to store people images at

C:\ProgramData\MediaBrowser data\People

with the new version, images are stored at

C:\Users\[user]\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\metadata\People

Is there a way to continue using the old location? It makes more sens when using several accounts (avoids duplicate).

Same issue with other folders: "Studio" (moved at the same location) and "Genre Default" (also moved, and renamed "Genre")

Between those versions Custom IBN was removed and completely merged with Custom Metadata.  If you want to use your old location you need to point to that path for Custom Meatadata.  You will need to move everything over from the default Metadata path.  Or leave as is with new path and move everything from old path.

• Like 1

anderbytes

My suggestion is to await next stable version, remove all people data and recreate them.

Because in latest beta we can see a fix called "Handle people image download failure". Maybe it's related...

Happy2Play

My suggestion is to await next stable version, remove all people data and recreate them.

Because in latest beta we can see a fix called "Handle people image download failure". Maybe it's related...

That advice is good if you don't have a large people folder already.  In my case why would I want to re-download 52GB for people?

anderbytes

That advice is good if you don't have a large people folder already. In my case why would I want to re-download 52GB for people?

52GB!?! Does it get that insane size? How much people do you have?

Happy2Play

52GB!?! Does it get that insane size? How much people do you have?

Well there are 204,810 total folders and 52 of those are People subfolders. (of course not everyone will have a image) 

Used the IMDB IBN People Downloader V2 when Emby use to make a folder for every cast and crew.  IMDB images can be rather large  (up to 9mb per image with dimensions from 200x300 to 6600x8910).

anderbytes

You have to agree with me that any people image greater than 8M (around 900Kb and 2400x3600) is plain crazy.

anderbytes

Emby could resize the images easily with ImageMagick. Forcing it to have a max height or width.

Happy2Play

Emby could resize the images easily with ImageMagick. Forcing it to have a max height or width.

The cached images are resized the originals is never changed.

Edited by Happy2Play

PierreE

I have a strange problem with server ver 5882.

Emby re-processed all my media, and when processing "Iron Man" or "Sherlock Holmes" it would exclude Robert Downey JR from the list of actors. His name was in the XML file, but Emby deleted it when building its database.

A refresh on the film and then he would appear, but impossible to load a picture automatically. I had to add it manually in the folder.

Could you have a look?

I guess this is linked to the . "dot" at the end of JR.

Xzener

This is still a problem for me. Many, many missing actor images. Scheduled task run daily for weeks... Plenty of time to populate my actor images. Less than 600 movies in my collection. Is anyone else having this issue??

Edited by Xzener

horstepipe

This is still a problem for me. Many, many missing actor images. Scheduled task run daily for weeks... Plenty of time to populate my actor images. Less than 600 movies in my collection. Is anyone else having this issue??

yes, same here.

Running Emby Server 3.0.59.

Regards

Edited by horstepipe

horstepipe

Hi,

I still can't seem to get any actor images in Emby.

I use local metadata only. So no downloading checked and no save artwork and metadata into individual folders checked.

Under advanced settings I enabled "download all images in advance" and I also tried checking "download biography and images for actors" (do I even need this with local artwork?)

Is there someting else I need to check to get this working?

Same question here, please clarify.

Happy2Play

Emby does not use .actors folders with local media.  Emby downloads all actors to Emby-Server\metadata\people.

So if I just want to let emby download actor images without storing anything in my local movie folders (I don't want to let it overwrite my nfo files), which options do I have to enable?

Is it:

- Basics: "Download artwork and metadata from the Internet"

- Services - People: fetch primary Images

- Advanced: "download all images in advance" and "download images for actors"

What's the difference between the services setting and the advanced setting regarding actor images downloading?

Do I need to enable both settings?

And when I do all this, will the Emby addon for Kodi sync those actor images to Kodi?

Edited by Marv

horstepipe

ok thank you.

I have enabled all three options and still only a handful of actor thumbs.

Is there still no way to refresh them all?

horstepipe

And when I do all this, will the Emby addon for Kodi sync those actor images to Kodi?

at least this works, yes.

The handful of actor images I have in Emby are shown in Kodi, too.

PierreE

My problem is different. My issue is only (only?) with Robert Downey JR

Somehow, when processing XML files (which are correct) Emby server ver 5882 removes him from the list of actors playing in the movie!

I guess this is linked to the . "dot" at the end of JR.