People images not showing

catch42

I updated to 3.0.5845 on a linux server.

There is some improvement since the new movies I add to my library now have people pictures. However the Refresh People task won't get the missing pictures for my other movies.

So,

When I add a new movie, I have the picture into the Emby interface however, the picture is not stored in the pople folder.

When i Identify an actor, this will get the picture, store it in the folder and display it properly.

When I refresh a movie, this will get all the pictures, store all of them in the right folders and display them properly as well. So this one works perfectly.

We're getting close !

Edited by G0M

So,

When I add a new movie, I have the picture into the Emby interface however, the picture is not stored in the pople folder.

This is correct behavior. We don't download until it's actually needed for display in Emby.

Thanks for your feedback Luke.

So what should I do to get the pictures for the movies that are already in the database?

Argh  :wacko:

This is not the best news ! Refreshing 1000 movies will take quite a while. Especially because it will crush all the modifications I decided to make on the metadata.   :(

kjp4756

Argh  :wacko:

This is not the best news ! Refreshing 1000 movies will take quite a while. Especially because it will crush all the modifications I decided to make on the metadata.   :(

You could try refreshing the whole library through metadata manager.  That may do the trick.  

I thought I had people images downloading successfully last night but I was wrong.  I got a whole 6 images. I did not try refreshing through metadata manager yet

You could try refreshing the whole library through metadata manager.  That may do the trick.  

This will overwrite all the modifications I made in the metadata so, I'd rather not !

How is that possible that the "refresh people" works for windows and not for linux?

This will overwrite all the modifications I made in the metadata so, I'd rather not !

How is that possible that the "refresh people" works for windows and not for linux?

Hi,

"refresh people" does not work in windows too.   but like others I can "Refresh People"  by making a "Movie" refresh.   I'm in the same boat as you,  I have like half my library that I have modified the metadata too  comply to my language and region...  I'm french Canadian and most of the time french metadata come from France and they very often change the name of characters in a movie which we don't....  It took me years to build this library and I don't want to change all thiis. 

But thank you for the update.  I now have half the "People" photos now

Zoula

I have a side question  about this "People" issue.   

How do I not show "People" that I don't what to see like "Makeup artist" and "Casting Director"  if they are already downloaded.   Is there a general setting that could be set for all movie.  I know it could be done individually but I don't have time to go trough all my database and delete 1000's of "People"

Thank you

Zoula

Happy2Play

I have a side question  about this "People" issue.   

How do I not show "People" that I don't what to see like "Makeup artist" and "Casting Director"  if they are already downloaded.   Is there a general setting that could be set for all movie.  I know it could be done individually but I don't have time to go trough all my database and delete 1000's of "People"

Thank you

Zoula

Currently, no not that I am aware of.  There is only an option of whether you download their image and bio.  All people are pulled from metadata provider into the nfo/xml.

This would be a feature request since TMDB has expanded beyond just cast.

Writing

Directing

Editing

Visual Effects

Production

Art

Crew

Sound

Camera

Costume & Makeup

Lighting

Cast

• 6 months later...

For the next release and in the current beta, behavior is improved to help with this.

When scanning in new titles, even if you have existing metadata we'll still go out to the internet to try and pull in people information. 

Also, when opening individual person detail screens, there will be some on demand refreshing to attempt to fill in metadata for people that don't have any. 

• Like 1