FR: Trakt plugin - collection sync

steve1977

Koleckai Silvestri

what happens to the other ones?

Don't know... shot into outer space or something. I don't currently have anything really obscure in my library.

• Like 1

steve1977

Can anyone confirm this is working? I still have not succeeded to sync and clean my movie library running this add-on.

• 2 weeks later...

You probably need to provide more information. All you're really saying is that it doesn't work so I think that's why nobody has any ideas.

steve1977

Very fair point. Here is the log file. https://www.paste.to/j2WEuc41

And a brief description. Plugin runs and also completes without any stated errors. However, the movies do not sync between MBS and Trakt. Neither are deleted movies removed from trakt nor are newly added movies added to the trakt collection.

Thanks for looking into this!

I'm not an expert on this so it won't be me looking into it, but I think some useful information would be is it happening to all of your movies, or just certain ones. And how complete is their metadata because if i recall either imdb or tmdb id's are required.

steve1977

I'm not an expert on this so it won't be me looking into it, but I think some useful information would be is it happening to all of your movies, or just certain ones. And how complete is their metadata because if i recall either imdb or tmdb id's are required.

Thanks! Unfortunately, this is happening for all of mine and my metadata is 100% complete with both TMDB and IMDB ID. Could this have something to do with me running on XBMC compatibility mode? Or could this be related to me not having a public profile on trakt (however, i have entered the proper password in the plugin)?

Redshirt

Your log shows you sent at least 3600 movies to Trakt. There were no errors logged. There were no responses saying the account was unauthorized. The current logging doesn't show me the actual data that was sent to trakt so I can't say why it works for every single other user than you.

steve1977

Have you deleted users to the MB server?

There is only one MBS user created by me and this has always been the same. I don't remember whether there is a default user upon initial install, which I replaced with my user.

Redshirt

The question is a red herring. I realized afterwards that you'd be getting unauthorized responses in your log.

steve1977

Thanks, I believe that my error may be somewhat related to my library scan being ongoing at the same time. Let me finish it first and then see whether it works.

• 2 weeks later...
Redshirt

@@steve1977 Trakt 1.9.5157 will now log the response from trakt.tv. Hopefully that will indicate the issue. The plugin won't be available until server 3.0.5157 or newer is visible to you.

• 4 weeks later...
zavisko

hi guys,

i have found MB3 few weeks ago, and well, im really impressed :)

currently im using plex on raspberry for wathing content on my TV, and found just yesterday about the Trakt.tv that it can sync view statuses, which is exactly the tool i was looking for

unfortunatelly i found out that it is not working on 100% for me, i have synced all movies and shows on trakt.tv correctly but MB3 plugin did not updated the viewed status of any of my shows (for movies it works flawlessly)

in server logs there is nothing unusual, the only trakt.tv related stuff i found is this:

2014-03-13 13:11:08.9630 Info - App: HttpClientManager POST: http://api.trakt.tv/user/library/shows/collection.json/77449c38c9f4f9b3cdb8d3f9ef0566b167a935eb/zavisko
2014-03-13 13:11:09.3680 Info - App: HttpClientManager POST: http://api.trakt.tv/user/library/shows/watched.json/77449c38c9f4f9b3cdb8d3f9ef0566b167a935eb/zavisko
2014-03-13 13:11:09.8771 Info - Trakt: tMovies count = 352
2014-03-13 13:11:09.8771 Info - Trakt: tShowsCollection count = 0
2014-03-13 13:11:09.8771 Info - Trakt: tShowsWatched count = 32
2014-03-13 13:11:10.0071 Info - App: HttpClientManager POST: http://www.mb3admin.com/admin/service/registration/ping
2014-03-13 13:11:10.8011 Info - App: Import playstates from Trakt.tv Completed after 0 minute(s) and 4 seconds

uploading watched state works fine

downloading works only for movies

im currently on

- MB3 server version: 3.0.5171.19958

- trakt.tv plugin version: 1.9.5165.28649

i was hoping that somebody could help me out with this issue

PS: on trakt.tv site i can see the watched states correctly for both shows and movies

thanks for great app, keep rockin' :)

zavisko

Redshirt

The trakt plugin doesn't currently change the watched status on the site in bulk because I haven't yet enabled it in the scheduled tasks, basically due to lack of time. The watched status on the site is only updated when you manually mark something as watched or actually watch it.

• 1 month later...
steve1977

It is now working since the latest update. Thanks!

However, a new issue arised - all movies in my collection on Trakt are now marked as "watched", while I have only watched a small portion of them.

Thoughts?

gcw07

It is now working since the latest update. Thanks!

However, a new issue arised - all movies in my collection on Trakt are now marked as "watched", while I have only watched a small portion of them.

Thoughts?

I'm guessing it is a bug with the latest version. The latest version added to the sync watched status and I guess for some reason it marked everything as watched when it synced it.

steve1977

Thanks. Very weird is that 50 out of my 4187 movies are actually not watched. I have absolutely no clue what makes those 50 movies different from the 4137 that are marked as watched. Let me know if I can further help!

Edited by steve1977

steve1977

Is the media marked as watched in MBC?

Now it is :-( It used to be that I watched 5% of my collection. Now, it synced it and probably when syncing it back, it just marked all of it as synced. No clue about the few non-watched ones on trakt, but that's my concern.

steve1977

I think I know what the 50 movies are that are in my library on trakt, but do not sho up as "watched". These are actually the movies that do not have a TMDB ID and were not properly matched by the plugin. So, I believe there are two bugs:

1) All movies in my MBS collections are being marked as "watched" on trakt (and then synced backwards to MBS)

2) Movies that have been removed from my MBS library are not being removed from trakt (in other words, sync only adds, but not removes movies)

Let me know if anything I can share to further trouble-shoot the issue.