Some of us where using the custom entrypoints in MB2 to create startmenu items in MCE directly to a specific library in MediaBrowser.
This isn't supported in Mediabrowser 3, and from forumposts i've seen will not be in the future.
I've created a tiny MCE Addin to solve this issue.
In short, it just launches MB Classic with a specific profile.
You can use my addin to launch a specific profile (user) in MB Classic but you can also create seperate users in MediaBrowser for each library you want to show.
1. Just install my addin with the installer (see attachment)
2. Use MC Themer or the supplied .reg file to create custom Start Menu strip (see readme file)
My tool is just a workaround to launch MediaBrowser with a specific profile. Nothing more.
But you can use this "workaround" to get the result whatever you want, because of Mediabrowsers flexibility.
For example, if you want to create a startmenu-item directly to your movies library:
1. Create user movies in the Mb Admin console
2. Do not apply the default collection to this user, instead only add movie library specific to this user/profile.
3. launch MB Classic with that profile and adjust to your needs
4. In my case, i've disabled all default items (like trailers etc.) and enabled "auto enter single folder items".
5. When you launch the profile with my addin, you're taken directly to the folder.
Maybe it's not as good as the custom entrypoints which we had before in MB2 but is sure does the trick.
Also, because it's undependant of MB itself, it will keep working even with updates.
See the attachment for the installer:
mb3launch.zip 183.66KB 247 downloads
screenshot1.png 115.72KB 71 downloads
Edited by marcelveldt, 29 November 2013 - 05:40 AM.