Beta 3.4.3

7illusions

7illusions

New round.

This will just be a maintenance release ( I think. ;) )

I'll try to sort as many bugs and features as possible.

Latest build

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=315DEE41F7FEA2E7!146032&authkey=!ALxX-B49jGNjsuo&ithint=file%2czip

Whats new:

Refactored MusicPlayback view. Same look (almost), but under the hood stuff.

Bugfixes and some requests..

Flac DirectStream

Music Screensaver polished.

Screensaver polished

Streaming profile updated

Edited by 7illusions
  • Like 1

FrostByte

Collections do not honor the sort order defined by the server.  I have a few collections with prequels which are correctly displayed in the order for watching on the server by modifying the sort name, but the app displays them by year released still.

55d13b083ef0a_preq.jpg

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

On the last line of the bio for an actor/artist it will chop off the bottom part of all lower case letters which extend down past the baseline (g j p q y).

55d138faf2858_bio.jpg

Vicpa

Hi 7

No worries :) I am sure Frostbyte and I can think of some way you can make it up to us. LOL.

Just starting to test.

One pleasant surprise however. Replaced my htpc with a Intel NUC. Don't know if it is a win 10 thing or great Remote Drivers from Intel. The Menu button on my remote now brings "app commands" the top and bottom command bars (key press Win + z). Recall saying when we were looking for a button for the ellipse that you couldn't use that one. But this could be good if we can access/select things like home etc from the remote.

What do you think ? Can you work some magic in the future.(Realize it could be a big effort)

Thanks

-Vicpa

• Like 1

Deihmos

it does not work on windows 8.1. it does not load. Is the app no longer compatible with 8.1? Windows 10 blows on my 8 inch tablet.

FrostByte

I'm getting the same error that is being mentioned in the other forum when playing back video.  I could see it creating the ts files in the transcoding folder, then all of a sudden it crashed on me. Does this for all my video (dts, ac3)

http://pastebin.com/jnvS3LJM

http://pastebin.com/LdnxT9Gz

http://pastebin.com/9vHkpAWa

http://pastebin.com/XZb919m9

55d31303d6d4d_iron.jpg

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

Ya, it should direct stream.  I thought it did before.  Right now I can't get an video to DS.  Every video I have now comes up with that error, then tries to transcode, then crashes.

Edit:  I am on server Version 3.0.5675.1 (latest beta) if that makes a difference.

Edited by FrostByte

7illusions

I think Luke has removed the support for StreamCopy in the server.. Will have to validate that though cause I've done some major changes to the player in the beta. Not to the public version though.

Vicpa

Hi 7 and Luke,

Have you guys discussed using presets. 7 could then abstract out his transcode options. If they were server based any changes could be pushed without going through the store and we testers/tweakers could tryout stuff for 7.

Just a thought realize server stuff involved but other clients may benefit as well.

Vicpa

Hi

Not sure what the player changes are but the direct stream looks really good :) .

My list includes this from before....

Live TV hub -

Guide

--Clicking play from the guide details doesn't work

--Loading spinner never goes away.

Recordings.

-- clicking on recorded show launches Live TV for that channel

-- Clicking on All folder crashes to desktop.

flac is still transcoding.

Music Video

--still challenged. Only one that displays is in a folder named the same as video. The others are in folders by artist with video's just grouped below (that used to work)

-Like before I added a library type "Home Movies" again with content grouped by folder, clicking on that menu choice from the main hub doesn't do anything. 7 like the problem I had with photos and Music video's

-New (old unreported problem)

--an "&" in genre name screws things up. Before I had "Rap & Hip-hop" and nothing would display. Not particularly caring I retagged the 4 or  5 albums to "Rap and Hip-Hop" and all was well. Now I somewhere along the line added "R&B" and nothing shows up (web is fine). Care a little more about this one :) Can support for "&" be added?

Thanks

-vicpa  

FrostByte

I'm on dev build now, but that didn't fix it.  I did finally find a small video file to play without getting the "The video failed to play" error

FrostByte

I'm looking at mediainfo and really don't see anything much different between the one that works and all the others that don't.  It is a short tv episode, but it's a 12 Mbps video with dts and transcodes fine then plays.  My movies won't play though

Btw:  did you make any mods to your streamingprofile  ?

Vicpa

Only one, I use ac3 as default transcode for dts. I a pretty sure I did an uninstall then installed the latest beta. So I got the default profile. The only thing I ever change is .   Putting ac3 first.

<TranscodingProfile container="ts" type="Video" videoCodec="h264" audioCodec="ac3,aac,eac3" protocol="hls" estimateContentLength="false" enableMpegtsM2TsMode="false" transcodeSeekInfo="Auto" context="Streaming" />

-vicpa

just got win 10525, yikes so far so good.

Edited by Vicpa

FrostByte

Well, I can't seem to play that one episode anymore.  So I'm back to square one.

Edit: Maybe I'll try uninstalling.  I haven't done that yet.

Edited by FrostByte

Vicpa

I know this may mean nothing Do you have the Movies and TV app installed? I always wonder if they push media foundation tweaks with that.