Beta 3.4.3

7illusions

FrostByte

New build.

Missed the tagline for the screensaver.

Ahh, I was just going to say I couldn't see any difference from the last screen saver :)

7illusions

Oh. It's not the audio screensaver but the general one when nothing is playing.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Couldn't reproduce the Artist crash though. :(

Must be me then, because it's still crashing here.  Luckily I don't use it that much

Vicpa

Hi,

Ok now that is cool :) Like backdrops now I have to make sure my tag lines are good, LOL.

Bottom limit might need to be a bit higher had one cut off.

My album artist view is still ok.

Still some bugs to be squished:

Live TV hub -

Guide

--Clicking play from the guide details doesn't work

--Loading spinner never goes away.

Recordings.

-- clicking on recorded show launches Live TV for that channel

-- Clicking on All folder crashes to desktop.

flac is still transcoding. FIXED

Music Video

--still challenged. Only one that displays is in a folder named the same as video. The others are in folders by artist with video's just grouped below (that used to work)

-Like before I added a library type "Home Movies" again with content grouped by folder, clicking on that menu choice from the main hub doesn't do anything. 7 like the problem I had with photos and Music video's

-New (old unreported problem)

--an "&" in genre name screws things up. Before I had "Rap & Hip-hop" and nothing would display. Not particularly caring I retagged the 4 or  5 albums to "Rap and Hip-Hop" and all was well. Now I somewhere along the line added "R&B" and nothing shows up (web is fine). Care a little more about this one :) Can support for "&" be added?

Think I will be enjoying the screensaver for the next hour or so :)

Gotta give a big!! shoutout to @@Luke as well!!!! Thanks!!! The server has to do some "heavy lifting" as well. downloading all the fan art and metadata Very nice work Gentleman!!

Thanks

-Vicpa

FrostByte

I still can't get subtitles to auto start.  Server options are set to auto start Eng subtitles and I only ever have just the one.   Files are all external srt files.  I can select them after the movie starts playing though with no problem.

I like the screen saver the way it is now.  The movie taglines are cool.  I never paid much attention to them before because no app ever used them

I'm seeing the same with music genres with an &.  Once you click the icon nothing shows up.

FrostByte

Another option with the screen saver would to maybe cycle photos instead of movies/tv/music for those who have photos in Emby.  Could be an option (either media ss or photos ss).  Or just mix them all up and have a hodgepodge of everything :)

7illusions

I still can't get subtitles to auto start. Server options are set to auto start Eng subtitles and I only ever have just the one. Files are all external srt files. I can select them after the movie starts playing though with no problem.

I like the screen saver the way it is now. The movie taglines are cool. I never paid much attention to them before because no app ever used them

I'm seeing the same with music genres with an &. Once you click the icon nothing shows up.

What's your settings for subtitles? Does the webclient behave the same?

FrostByte

Subtitles Lang Pref : Eng

Subtitle Mode: Always Play Subtitles

Hmm...Never use the webclient to play movies.  Just use the Samsung app and yours, and the Samsung app works.  I'll have to check the webclient

Vicpa

Hi 7

Showing the tag line on the screensaver, what a great idea. :) Looks awesome (and funny to see what they are sometimes.). The lower boundary  does need to be higher. I checked on two devices. My laptop running at display 100% and the htpc running at 150%. As a target the lower coordinate of the time counter on the music screen saver should be good if it is the minimum for the one or two line displays. Hope that makes sense.

Saw you were logged on this am. Usually means good things, let me know if you need more access.

Thanks!!

BTW I am testing on 10240 and 10525, I don't have a win 8 machine

FrostByte

Well, I can't get subtitles to auto play in the webclient either.  It's working with the Samsung app, but I think it only checks what options you have set and then processes subtitles different.  So maybe that's why it works there.  Thanks, I'll look to see it it's a server thing or my system then

FrostByte

BTW I am testing on 10240 and 10525, I don't have a win 8 machine

Probably could use someone still on Win8 to test seeing all the issues people are having.  Though the one error I guess may be an issue with the Store

Anyone have any up to date screens of live tv in this app? Specifically the guide and the smart screens. I'd like to use them in the server release blog because it will be heavily focused on live tv. thanks.

7illusions

New build is up.

Fixes

the Playback of recordnings

the "&" in music genres names

Also fixed the height issue in the screensaver, I had flipped the values, that's why it came out of scope. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Vicpa

Hi ALL

Initial Checks

the Playback of recordings Fixed from latest Choice, if I click on all Recordings it doesn't crash anymore (Yea!) but nothing loads just get the spinner. Is that because I have just the one recording?

the "&" in music genres names  Fixed... my R&B artists that you

Also fixed the height issue in the screensaver, I had flipped the values, that's why it came out of scope. :rolleyes: Looking Good !

Will test some more. @@Luke can get you some screenshots, Is tomorrow soon enough? I am not quite sure what a "smart Screen" is. however.

-Thanks!

Vicpa

Vicpa

Hi,

My Checklist (looking pretty good)

1) TV Recordings Fixed

2) the "&" in music genres names  Fixed... my R&B artists that you

3 screensaver Looking Good ! (the timing will be back to normal when Released right :))

4) Streaming Profile Updated Verified 

5) Refactored MusicPlayback view. I guess so LOL Audio Sounds Good and hub works well

6) Flac DirectStream fixed

Open Issues (Your call on level of importance and timing)

1) Play button doesn't work in Live TV when you enter details from "What's On" section

2) My Home Movies Menu Choice from main hub doesn't work and Music Video's section not quite right These must be weirdness with my file structure or settings. Although it works in the web client. No one else has reported a problem,

My open issues are certainly not show stoppers, maybe others have some on their list.

Thanks!

-vicpa

Edited by Vicpa

FrostByte

New build.

I actually think we have a RC. :)

Did you add some debug logging around music artists?  I'm still crashing.  I can wait until the next beta cycle though if you want to get this out

Edit: Maybe a numbers thing?  I have ~3200 artists and both the webclient and the app get the spinning circle thingy, but the webclient eventually comes back

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

Clicking on Collections either from the main hub or Movies returns nothing.  No spinning wheel either, just a backdrop. It was just working a couple release ago when you changed the sort order

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

While clicking through photos the screen saver still pops up.  Clicking the arrows while viewing photos isn't resetting the timer for the screensaver.  I'm clicking very fast and the ss still kicks in

Photos

Album

Click picture to expand the picture

Click right and left arrows.

Vicpa

Clicking on Collections either from the main hub or Movies returns nothing.  No spinning wheel either, just a backdrop. It was just working a couple release ago when you changed the sort order

Yep Same here Was definitely fine before (works in 346, still have that on one machine)

Photo's same behavior as Frostbyte. Mouse Movement works, button click doesn't reset.

Edit: Changed a view setting (unrelated to collections, "group home movies) and clicked save in dashboard and collections are fine now, Give that a try @@FrostByte

Edited by Vicpa

FrostByte

I'm doing an unplanned system rebuild but will try the movie collections option when I'm done. 

Vicpa

I'm doing an unplanned system rebuild but will try the movie collections option when I'm done. 

Hate when that happens, had one of those a week or so ago :(

The collections bug is probably some server thing effects FireTV and theatre as well. See ebr's comment.

Okay, those apps must be pulling collections without any regard to the parent.  The ATV app is specifying a parent ID so my guess is that the collections aren't actually gathered under the main "Collections" parent unless that option is selected.

Doesn't mean much to me, 7 what do you think, any chance something similar is happening with music videos as well as collections?

Edited by Vicpa
  • Like 1