Beta 3.4.3

7illusions

Vicpa

Just cause you can (free) download it from the windows store Microsoft Movies and TV in the states "Film and TV in the UK. not sure where you are

Edited by Vicpa

FrostByte

Oh, my.  The Shark install program did disable a MS decoder if I remember right now (though it did give you the option to not do that if you wanted).  I'll try the fix on the link and get back.  That is the same thing I'm seeing though

'

FrostByte

Well...noooooooooooooooow I feel dumb.  Shark did disable those in the red box and after enabling them using that utility all is good.  :P

Thanks

Vicpa

Hi @FrostByte

Happy you and 7 got it sorted. How do your mkv's look? You rip at a much higher quality setting.

I am thinking we need a play all from here option in music, maybe albums and play lists. I am liking the multi select (is that new or did I just figure it out)

Edited by Vicpa

FrostByte

I like the Play From Here button, but would like to see more control over it I guess.  I clicked play from here on season 3 of GoT and it added not only the rest of season 3, but all the episodes from season 4 and 5 also to Now Playing.  I guess it couldn't read my mind that I only want the rest of season 3 :)

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

Hi @FrostByte

Happy you and 7 got it sorted. How do your mkv's look? You rip at a much higher quality setting.

I am thinking we need a play all from here option in music, maybe albums and play lists. I am liking the multi select (is that new or did I just figure it out)

The lossless mkvs are probably not real noticeable over the crf 16/17 mkvs I used to do, but I wanted to be ready for when I win the lottery and got an 80" tv to replace my 55" one :)  Didn't want to redo my movies every couple years which is what I seemed to be doing before.  It's a lot faster though because there is no encoding being done, just ripping

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

Does it normally take awhile for the ffmpeg process to stop if you stop a movie?  I usually go into the processes and kill it because I think it's still transcoding after I stop the video.  Not sure if the app could kill the process when clicking "stop" because it takes up a lot of cpu.  I think I had several running at once when I was playing around starting/stopping movies.

Edited by FrostByte

Vicpa

Hi 7

My number one bug/feature request :) The track name sometimes overlays the time counter on the music screensaver. I don't know if it is a scaling thing or what. I have reported it before either a big deal or really low on the list. Believe it or not the screensaver is a huge crowd pleaser. I get the ooos and ahhs when friends are over and music is playing.

Think you can "refactor" that away. :D

Thanks

-vicpa

7illusions

Hi 7

My number one bug/feature request :) The track name sometimes overlays the time counter on the music screensaver. I don't know if it is a scaling thing or what. I have reported it before either a big deal or really low on the list. Believe it or not the screensaver is a huge crowd pleaser. I get the ooos and ahhs when friends are over and music is playing.

Think you can "refactor" that away. :D

Thanks

-vicpa

I can even do better. But you will have to wait another 24h for next build. ;)

• Like 2

7illusions

New build is up. Hope you like it. (Screensaver starts after 5 sec. This will be another value once it's not build in Debug mode)

• Like 1

FrostByte

Movies with PCM audio are being transcoded.  A lot of older movies on BD are released with PCM.  The settings file seems to have no effect on them being transcoded.

Here the first chapter of a movie as an example

http://1drv.ms/1WJid2e

I like the new transparent drop down

• Like 1

FrostByte

Ignore post #42.  I got PCM to play direct

Added two parameters to this line (bold).  I think "pcm" can be deleted as that isn't the correct codec name

<DirectPlayProfile container="mkv" audioCodec="aac,ac3,eac3,mp3,mp2,pcm,pcm_s16le,pcm_s24le" videoCodec="h264,hevc" type="Video" />​

Also had to increase this line, I think the default was only 10000000 and I don't have very many mkv files below 10 Mbps :)

<MaxStreamingBitrate>30000000</MaxStreamingBitrate>​

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

Vicpa

Hi,

For what ever reason I don't have a problem When I click Artists.

flac seems to working fine.

FrostByte

I got it to work once.  But the other 20 times I still get that error.  I thought I had fixed it changing one of the parameters, but I'm getting that error again

Edited by FrostByte

7illusions

New build.

Standard screensaver changed, feedback MUCH needed.

Updated the streamingprofile PCM and the max streaming bitrate.

Couldn't reproduce the Artist crash though. :(

• Like 1