Transcoding problems when playing remotely

3psus

Hi Emby Gods,

I have an issue that is completely preventing me to switch to Emby as my main media server. I've had issues with streaming/transcoding while on the local network that I have solved by setting the Transcoding Quality Preference to "Auto". The bigger problem now is that 95% of the time, I am not able to stream/transcode outside of the local network. The ffmpeg will not even start transcoding at all (when whatching the task manager). All the network settings are OK since I have total access to everything from outside, only that when I start playback, I will either get nothing (video never starts) or the app will stop trying to play and give me the "Video Error: There was an error playing the video".

It did work a couple times. Now, I have found out that Emby will successfully start transcoding and streaming outside of the LAN when the Transcoding Quality Prefenrece is NOT set to Auto. For certain movies, it will work with "Higher Speed", but for others, it will require "Higher Quality". It seems that "Higher Quality" gives the best results when trying to stream outside LAN but it will not work inside LAN.

I will appreciate all help that you can provide. Tell me if you need any logs :)

Thanks!

3psus

Hi Luke,

Server is running version: 3.0.5675.1 on Windows 10 Pro.

I attached server and transcode logs. This problem has been replicated on a number of different devices: iOS 8 Safari, Windows Chrome, OSX 10.10 Safari and certainly others, though those are the ones I am sure at the moment.

Thank you for your help. Tell me if I forgot something.

3psus