Thanks for the info. Yesterday I changed all Emby server settings to ignore NFO files, yet the problem persists.
Couple of things:
1. I am the only Emby user...front & back end.
2. I can confirm that Emby is reading the NFO file correctly, in terms of the "watched" flag...and it is showing up correctly in the web front-end (Chrome). Where it goes haywire is the communication between Emby for Kodi and the Emby back-end server (Windows). So whatever the Emby server is storing as "watched" (wherever it is stored) is not being read properly by Emby for Kodi. Again, this is hit or miss. It works for some TV shows completely, partially for some TV Shows (some Eps watched, others incorrectly flagged as "unwatched"), and in general, not at all for movies. Before I changed Emby server settings to ignore NFO files last night, I thought I had it working fully but then I rebooted my device, and, after a full sync, all the movies that were "watched" before reboot were suddenly "unwatched". I verified again this morning that watched Movies are showing up as "Watched" via Chrome but "Unwatched" in Emby for Kodi. I performed a "Manual Sync" from Emby for Kodi and there was no change.
I also performed the following tests (with all NFO file settings set to [False] in Emby Server settings):
- Set 2 unwatched movies to "Watched" via Chrome
- Perform Manual Sync via Emby for Kodi (sync finished successfully)
- Set to previously "Watched" shows (all episodes) to "Unwatched" via Chrome
- Perform Manual Sync via Emby for Kodi. At this step the Kodi for Emby script failed 3 times in a row. It continues to perform an incremental sync but gets hung on 163/168 TV Shows and at some point when updating movies (it's a big number out of an even bigger number).
- Reboot Kodi.
After reboot, full sync completed this time. However, the movies and TV shows I set as "Watched" via Chrome still show up as "unwatched" in Kodi for Emby. So, Kodi/Emby is still not communicating properly with the Emby server. Coincidentally, I checked Emby for Android and a cursory inspection of the "watched" flag appears correct, even after the changes above.
And this test:
- Set 2 (different) unwatched movies to "watched" in Kodi for Emby
- Set 1 (different) unwatched TV Show (all eps) to "watched" in Kodi for Emby
- Perform Manual Sync from Kodi for Emby (script failed)
- Reboot to engage full sync again.
This worked. Both movies and the TV Show now show up "watched" in both places.
So from these (not necessarily definitive) tests, it appears communication between the Emby server and Emby for Kodi is working properly in only one direction - from Emby/Kodi to Server.
So, either the server is not pushing the right information, Emby for Kodi is not requesting the proper information, or it is incorrectly interpreting the data it receives from the Emby server.
Let me know if any of the results above give you an "aha" moment or you'd like me to try a different test, provide logs, etc.
Edited by mjj9435, 03 August 2015 - 02:23 PM.