Intermittent Inaccessible Emby Library

blade005

blade005

Emby Server: Version 3.0.5675.1

Luke.

I have been having issues with my Library Collection becoming inaccessible intermittently since the last few releases of Emby Server.

I bring up the WebUI and it will show a Latest Media section with thumbs for all items, but the page will not show my Lastest Recordings or My Media collection buttons. If I hover over an item in Lastest Media and don't get the typical actions selections (Open, Play, Edit, etc.) then I know that I will not get any Detail Information when I select an item. I get a spinning circle then a blank Detail Page. I can go back to Home page and see that none of my Library Collections are showing in the Pull Down navigation pane on the left. Metadata Manger will be inaccessible as well. If it is not accessible in the WebUI, it is also not accessible from Emby for Android, Emby WMC or Emby Theater.  I can come back in 5 minutes and find that everything is back and accessible. It may be good for an hour and then the next attempt may find it inaccessible again.

As an example, when I started to type out this post, none of my Library was accessible. I just brought the WebUI up in Chrome to check again and everything is back and available for viewing. (5 minute gap.)  This may last for the next few hours, but it will certainly be down again at some point.

I have cleared browser cache, double checked that a library scan is not running while I try to view items, no server updates or pending. Things I thought might cause issues.  This is a Win7 HTPC that is up and running 24/7.

Not sure what information may help to investigate further.

Edited by blade005

blade005

Luke,

Emby Server just became unresponsive as stated above.

Attached is a subset of the server log where there were about 10 to 12 of these same entries with errors noted.  Not sure if it will help, but hope it can shed some light on the issue.

Ember Server Log: http://paste2.org/Iw4cOFhW

blade005

Luke,

The Emby Server becoming unresponsive is becoming more of an issue for me in the last few releases. I thought Live TV was the culprit and removed it, but I am still having issues with the library being unresponsive intermittently.

Attached is the latest segment of the Server log that has Errors when the library is not accessible.

Emby Server Error logs: http://paste2.org/1LG13spY

This is starting to seriously affect my ability to count on the Server being available when I want to watch items in my library. Kind of a big deal.