Problems with Emby for Kodi and Genesis on Amazon Fire Stick

themooncriedout
Go to solution Solved by im85288,

themooncriedout

Hi. I'm a self-confessed noob here. I did a search for my problem in the forums, but couldn't find anything, so I apologise in advance if I overlooked something. My issue is this:

I have Emby for Kodi on both my win 8.1 laptop (which is where my emby server is), and my amazon fire stick. they work great. however, i like to add all movies and shows in the genesis add-on to my library, which puts them into the same folder together on the homescreen. it's just easier for navigating and makes more sense to me.

this creates no problem on my laptop. local content and streaming content play just fine side-by-side together. however, my fire stick immediately throws all its toys out the pram. after adding my genesis content to my library, anything that i'm streaming to the fire stick from the emby server on my laptop refuses to play. Anything, that is, except for my music, which still plays just fine, (which makes a weird kind of sense as genesis doesn't touch my music). sometimes when trying to play movies or music, i will get an error message along the lines of, "playback failed." sometimes it's like it thinks it's playing, only it isn't. streaming from genesis still works okay. to play movies and tv from emby on my fire stick again, i have to reset its database.

i am sure that there is some kind of logical explanation for this, but for the life of me, i cannot figure it out. is there some reason why this is happening? obviously the apps are fighting each other somehow, but why does it only affects my fire stick, and not the laptop? is there something i can do to make it all work?

(if there are some logs that should be added to get some help, please let me know which ones and how to get at them. i have no clue.)

thanks in advance.

im85288

Why what? Do you mean why is it banned? Most likely due to copyright or malware being included in the addon. Or do you mean why are we at Emby not supporting it? if so then for the exact same reasons kodi chose to ban it.

techywarrior

I wonder what happens when we end up on that list hehe

with the direct DB access and all :)

lol, you fork Kodi and release an "Emby client" that runs on lots of devices? :)

im85288

lol, you fork Kodi and release an "Emby client" that runs on lots of devices? :)

Sounds a bit like Plex :)