Emby Server and my RAM

DruTheFu

DruTheFu

I have been using Emby Server for a few weeks now, installed on my Win 8.1 machine (AMD Phenom II X4 955 quad core 3.20 GHz, 4 GB RAM), currently with about 515 movies, 125 TV Shows, and about 45,000 songs.  I've noticed that since I migrated from a MySQL implementation and began using Emby Server to share to my two Kodi devices and multiple mobile devices, that Emby Server consumes a good deal of my system's RAM, upwards to 1 GB when it appears idle and I'm not streaming.  I know I may not have the most current or beefy system, but things are no longer snappy and quick to open/process with Emby Server running.  I'm sure an upgrade in RAM would not hurt ;)

I've read the system requirements on the Emby Wiki (https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/System%20requirements), which state 

Minimum Requirements — no transcoding
  • Intel Core 2 Duo processor 1.6 GHz or better

• At least 1GB RAM for Windows/Mac OS X

Recommended Configuration — transcoding HD Content:
  • Intel Core 2 Duo processor 2.4 GHz or better

• If transcoding for multiple devices, a faster CPU may be required

• At least 2GB RAM

So are these specs listed for minimal system requirements, or the requirements that Emby Server will consume?

I've tried searching the community for any related threads, and read that it may be an idea to remove Music from the Emby library may help the situation.  Does anyone have any other suggestions aside for the RAM boost?

Thanks