New Chocolate CoverFlow

ebr

Redshirt

You're starting to make the rest of chocolate look dated ebr ;) Pretty soon you'll get roped into re-doing the whole UI... 

You're starting to make the rest of chocolate look dated ebr ;) Pretty soon you'll get roped into re-doing the whole UI... 

Been working on a new detail screen.  Basically, I hope to create a path to a more modern look if you choose the right views or to keep the legacy look (mostly) if you choose other views.

But, you may end up being right...

Steven

I really think Chocolate should be the default theme for MBC as there could be many non-tweakers that miss this great theme.

• Like 1

I really think Chocolate should be the default theme for MBC as there could be many non-tweakers that miss this great theme.

If I get enough of these mods done, that is actually my plan.

• Like 1

CBers

@@ebr - I've been using Chocolate a bit more recently and noticed that there is no next/previous buttons when in episode view, like there is in other themes.

Would it be possible to add these please?

Or am I missing something.

I agree with @@Steven, Chocolate should be the default theme.

TIA.

Steven

@@ebr - I've been using Chocolate a bit more recently and noticed that there is no next/previous buttons when in episode view, like there is in other themes.

Would it be possible to add these please?

Or am I missing something.

The skip buttons on the MCE remote do next/previous for episodes.

• Like 1

Channel up and down also work.  However, my new detail screen will include next and previous buttons on the actual interface.

CBers

Channel up and down also work. However, my new detail screen will include next and previous buttons on the actual interface.

Thanks Eric.

Chocolate has certainly improved a lot recently :)

scotsman

It doesn't actually mask the backdrop much at all but the backdrop is reduced in size.

Today I added an option of whether or not to show the details in coverflow.  Default will be yes.

Has this been pushed to the theme yet? If so, how do we disable it? I looked everywhere. I think it entirely ruins the home screen. I don't want a list of things inside the current selected folder.

Apart from that, the theme is almost perfect! :)

Logos302

I like chocolate very much, it might be my favourite theme.  I was kinda hoping it would be ported the MBT.  :D  In fact I think their should be one theme for all clients that is similar or the same if possible to give a unified view/experience for users.  

Edited by Logos302

Has this been pushed to the theme yet? If so, how do we disable it? I looked everywhere. I think it entirely ruins the home screen. I don't want a list of things inside the current selected folder.

Apart from that, the theme is almost perfect! :)

I have not published it yet as I'm working on other changes.  Which you may or may not like, but it is time for a MBC theme to have a more modern look and Chocolate is going to be it.

• Like 1

yardameus

I already loved Chocolate, and if you're going to pick something to start off with, you couldn't do much better.  Thanks for doing all the work you do, ebr.  That, and for putting up with all of our gripes.

HTPCity_Planner

ebr: Really liking the improvements to Chocolate.  It is my go to theme.  thanks

(we need a thumbs up emoticon on this board) :D

I have not published it yet as I'm working on other changes.  Which you may or may not like, but it is time for a MBC theme to have a more modern look and Chocolate is going to be it.

I have installed the last beta and in effect I found a "visible" change in the TV series detail page. It's different: I cannot say it's bad or good. I was so used to seeing the previous page layout that was a surprise for me see a change here. Sorry but at the moment cannot say more: It's different.

Edited by Dan64

yardameus

One request, if disabling the overview in coverflow, is it possible to either still have the title (just how it is with the overview) or above the posters (maybe just to the left of the selected item, centered on the screen).  Not a huge rush for me, just a thought for the next time you make any related changes.

I'm not really inclined to do that because some people won't want it and then I'd have to make another option which just complicates things more.