New Chocolate CoverFlow

ebr

Cheesegeezer

I agree with you 100% eric regarding replacing the name text with the logo!!

Just fix the width, not height.

No, that will cause all the other elements in the view to jump around as you scroll.  That would look very bad IMO.

• Like 1

Okay, I think these are the final tweaks to this.  If the alpha testers don't find issues, I'll release to beta.

528fc01c01378_choccf5.png

528fc03adfce7_choccf6.png

528fc04e1ecff_choccf7.png

• Like 2

i agree on text. the logo is image overload. 

right now design trends are really emphasizing typography with strong contrast to it's background. look at ErgoProxy's ios designs, for example. And look at the new netflix design, which this was inspired from. i wouldn't even use the logo at all, not even in the bottom center.

• Like 1

EBR,

Love the new look but is it possible to select to have the new look or the old one. The reason I ask is that while it is great for TV, I also use cover view for my home screen where there is limited information to display and just clutters up the screen.

No issue if it can't be selectable but it would be the best of both worlds.

Iain

Sorry, but that would be too confusing for such a limited use.

In your situation, the overview should contain a list of your most recently added items in each collection.  Does it not...?

Just FYI - I am very likely to freshen up some more of chocolate's views over the coming weeks.  If you are attached to exactly how it looks right now, you can always install a back version.

• Like 2

steelman1991

Looking good ebr like this new look - only gripe is the number of logos appearing on the episodes screen - overload for my liking. - could they not be moved next to the rating, where you already have a resolution icon.

Edited by steelman1991

What logos...?  on what episode screen?  All the screenshots I posted above are the same view (coverflow).

Chocolate is mine preferite theme, I like it. I'm using the coverflows as preferred covers presentation in all the situations except for the TV Episodes. Good Job !

What logos...?  on what episode screen?  All the screenshots I posted above are the same view (coverflow).

Ooohhh...do you mean on the images themselves?  If so, that isn't the theme.  That is CoverArt.

yardameus

While I'm taking a bit getting used to the overview in coverflow, I like that something is being done with Chocolate, still one of my tried and true themes.  I would ask what you think about maybe making the overview "shading" (behind the text) a bit darker/closer to black.  I just feel the grey tends to clash with the black behind/below the posters and stand out too much over some of the backdrops.  Just a constructive critique.  If no, that's cool too.  You're the one doing the work.

steelman1991

Ooohhh...do you mean on the images themselves?  If so, that isn't the theme.  That is CoverArt.

Yes those were the ones.

While I'm taking a bit getting used to the overview in coverflow, I like that something is being done with Chocolate, still one of my tried and true themes.  I would ask what you think about maybe making the overview "shading" (behind the text) a bit darker/closer to black.  I just feel the grey tends to clash with the black behind/below the posters and stand out too much over some of the backdrops.  Just a constructive critique.  If no, that's cool too.  You're the one doing the work.

That is actually the standard Chocolate background that already exists.  It is what you would see if you didn't have backdrops enabled.

I, also, would prefer it be a bit darker but wasn't sure I wanted to change an element that is used throughout the theme now.

• Like 1

CBers

@@ebr - I doubt if this is easy, or even possible, but could you add the functionality of installing new themes within MBC so that you didn't have to run the configurator to do it?

I know it might mean having to restart MBC, but that's an easier job when only having a remote connected to your HTPC.

Just a thought.

TIA.

Okay, I just tried darkening the standard background and it does look a lot better so I am going to do it.

• Like 1

@@ebr - I doubt if this is easy, or even possible, but could you add the functionality of installing new themes within MBC so that you didn't have to run the configurator to do it?

I know it might mean having to restart MBC, but that's an easier job when only having a remote connected to your HTPC.

Just a thought.

TIA.

That has been on my list for a long time but it is a big piece of work so it is waiting until the dust settles and where we are with MBC in a bit.

• Like 2

CBers

That has been on my list for a long time but it is a big piece of work so it is waiting until the dust settles and where we are with MBC in a bit.

Thanks Eric.

hettar987

Hi,

I like the work that is being done with Chocolate, except for the overview while browsing on coverflow view. Is there a way to disable it in the options ? I looked and I looked, but coundn't find the right button.

Thanks !

hettar987

No, there isn't.  That screen is now designed to have that information.

Thanks for the clarification. Will there be a button to de-activate it in the future ? Pretty please ?

Edit : I really like the theme, but the addition of the overview masks the coverart, and if I want the details, I just enter the folder and check them. You asked for feedback in your first post, here it is (all in good spirit) :)

Edited by hettar987

It doesn't actually mask the backdrop much at all but the backdrop is reduced in size.

Today I added an option of whether or not to show the details in coverflow.  Default will be yes.

• Like 1