New Chocolate CoverFlow

ebr

So, inspired by the new design for the Netflix client, I've been playing with a new layout for Chocolate's CoverFlow view.

I really like it so let me know if you are a chocolate user and hate it...

528e4c1c9460f_choccf1.png

528e4c33b65bf_choccf2.png

• Like 7

I like it. But... On a brighter backdrops isn't visible the text. May be need add semitransparent background for text with blur edges (like MCE). Also may be better interchange logo and name text?

There already is.  That HoC backdrop is about as bright as they get.

As for the logo, it is on the bottom like it is now.  I like the clean look of the text up top.  Logos are too unpredictable in size and color to always look good up next to text.

Hah, I just noticed the overview for HoC doesn't match everything else.  It is from the British version...  

Cheesegeezer

There already is.  That HoC backdrop is about as bright as they get.

As for the logo, it is on the bottom like it is now.  I like the clean look of the text up top.  Logos are too unpredictable in size and color to always look good up next to text.

I wasn't saying to replace the Text title with the logo, just that the logo should appear underneath the item that has the current focus.  Like I said it's just my opinion.

I know what you mean about logos, even tho there are strict guidelines to submit them they never fill the whole canvas!! and the ones that do end up MASSIVE :lol:

Cheesegeezer

Hmm. Tho'...

This isn't really a good answer but select a darker backdrop to be displayed.

The worst one is the white Despicable Me 2 backdrop with the 2 minions on it. That's about as white as they come

swhitmore

Looks nice. I'd replace the top left hand corner title, with the logo in the bottom middle though. I don't think you need both.

Looks nice. I'd replace the top left hand corner title, with the logo in the bottom middle though. I don't think you need both.

Would agree with this,the logo in the top left would look much better.

Www back out of that screen and go back in and then look at it. There is a bug that doesn't resize the backdrop if u change the view nut it will correct when u come back in.

WWWestern

I like it. But... On a brighter backdrops isn't visible the text. May be need add semitransparent background for text with blur edges (like MCE). Also may be better interchange logo and name text?

yardameus

Part of me says to not make the poster in focus so far off center.  I do like the aesthetics of it, but I also prefer not having the in focus item to close to one edge.  When browsing, I like to see when I'm close to the item I want, when it's off center too much one way or the other you only get to see one or two items ahead of where you are.  Even if it was just one poster less.

I may make the logo an option since I think the text looks much better.

Thanks ebr,much appreciated if you do

Edited by Yogi

Looks good EBR.  If your working on some Chocolate, is it possible to resolve the TV episode detail screen, where text overlaps the mediainfo icons.

Part of me says to not make the poster in focus so far off center.  I do like the aesthetics of it, but I also prefer not having the in focus item to close to one edge.  When browsing, I like to see when I'm close to the item I want, when it's off center too much one way or the other you only get to see one or two items ahead of where you are.  Even if it was just one poster less.

I agree with this... just one position closer to the center would do it, but still balance nicely with the description.

WWWestern

Www back out of that screen and go back in and then look at it. There is a bug that doesn't resize the backdrop if u change the view nut it will correct when u come back in.

Got it after killing the preferences.db. Awesome look! 

WWWestern

I had to turn off the logo at the bottom, as a serious obstacle to the perception and navigation. Please move logo to upper left corner at least as option.

By popular demand:

It looks okay on some

528f89614e33f_choccf3.png

And not so much on others...

528f898151fd5_choccf4.png

Which is why I prefer the text :).

• Like 1