Synology Setup

Luke

Will there be any solution for Synology's with the qoriq architecture, as mono isn't compatible with qoriq?

Or should i just buy a new NAS :wacko:

zakraket

I've tried Emby on Synology following the setupguide today. Seems to install/start without problems, but it's veerry slow on my 214play. Also I cannot start most films, a few start on my Androidphone using the Emby App but start to stutter after a few seconds, on my Windows HTPC it's even almost impossible to load my library (around 80 movies, all mkv/avchd), and no movies start.

Also, my Synology became extremely slow when using the Syno UI itself. After a reboot of the NAS it seemed better, but when I restarted Emby from the app I can't get it to start anymore..

I'm not an experienced Linux user, any tips?

I've tried Emby on Synology following the setupguide today. Seems to install/start without problems, but it's veerry slow on my 214play. Also I cannot start most films, a few start on my Androidphone using the Emby App but start to stutter after a few seconds, on my Windows HTPC it's even almost impossible to load my library (around 80 movies, all mkv/avchd), and no movies start.

Also, my Synology became extremely slow when using the Syno UI itself. After a reboot of the NAS it seemed better, but when I restarted Emby from the app I can't get it to start anymore..

I'm not an experienced Linux user, any tips?

have you completed the library scan after setting up your library? the initial scan is going to probe your media info so that could affect the performance of the system while it's occurring.

zakraket

Yes, could have mentioned this. Scan completed after an hour or so, after that I restarted the scan this afternoon manually, completed within a few minutes (a lot slower than on my HTPC)

By the way, I have not seen the Syno CPU really go above 50%, at least most of the time it's well below, so although it's all a bit slow, doens't seem like my DS214play is working that hard when I'm not doing anything.

Atm, Emby server doens't run at all.

schumi2004

Did a attempt to get it running on my DS715 (Alpine) but doesn't seem to work.

Followed all the steps and it seems to be running but eventually it stops, it also eats up my RAM

zakraket

It seems to work fine now for me. Didn't touch it anymore since my last post, but just tried Emby on my Androidphone a minute ago and everything seems to work okay: browsing my movies, starting different movies, even skipping to a point in time in a movie works within 2secs etc, all works quite good now :)

Have to try my HTPC yet and more different movieformats, I will post the results.

Edited by zakraket

mrbasic1

I have install Emby on both a DS412+ and DS415+ and both work fine. I had some initial issues with finding my media files and resolved that by changing permissions on my public folders. Mono is the app using up most the memory and the DS412+ is a little under powered with only 1gig memory by default. I upgraded the DS412+ to 2gig and that solved my memory issues on the DS412+. I only run the "Auto Box Sets" plugin others seem to slow it down. The DS415+ I had already upgraded to 8gig memroy and that box works really good with Emby. I stream my content to a couple Rokus in the house which handle the transcoding of mkv and mp4 formats. All my content is now mkv or mp4 as I converted the other formats to be compatable wit the Roku's using Handbreak. I am impressed as it works really good on both NAS units, so big thanks for putting out the Synology package.!! If anyone is looking for information on upgrading memory it's on the Synology forums.

• Like 1

David Derolez

Thanks everybody for your hard work !

I'm using emby since the begining (first version of mediabrowser a couple of years ago :-)) I have emby installed on my htpc (server and wmc client)

I have all  my media on a synology ds412+ on my local network (all my network is in gigabit) i use the wmc emby client to play my movies and everything works fine.

I was excited when i discover the synology server app. so i tried it the last week.

Here is me feedback and issue :

- No pb for installation

- No pb for configuration

- No pb for scanning and managing the libraries

- But big pb when i want to play a movie... the movie is slow very slow.

It seems the emby wmc app is not reading directly the movie file on the network (my ffdshow presets don't appear). I wonder if the emby server is transcoding the movie for the wmc app ?

Any idea ?

frodofeet

Hello,

I'm trying to get Emby running on a DS415+, and I've installed all of the prerequisite files and am able to log in well.

It is running Version 3.0.5724.5

I'm having trouble adding media folders from my server.

I created a content type, then add a media location with the Select Path tool. When I choose /volume1 then select My_Media folder, my user is logged out.

With some testing, I was able to see that a usb mounted share works perfectly.

Does anyone know what is going wrong with this?

Thanks

mrbasic1

Hello,

I'm trying to get Emby running on a DS415+, and I've installed all of the prerequisite files and am able to log in well.

It is running Version 3.0.5724.5

I'm having trouble adding media folders from my server.

I created a content type, then add a media location with the Select Path tool. When I choose /volume1 then select My_Media folder, my user is logged out.

With some testing, I was able to see that a usb mounted share works perfectly.

Does anyone know what is going wrong with this?

Thanks

It is repeated in another thread, but use WinSCP top right click on the media folder and chenge the permission bits to 775 or 777 for the media filder and subfolders, Worked for me.

DS415+ .

I hate to ask this, but will this be releasing "soon"? Just seems like a lot of hassle to have to set up this way.

Although this brings up another question.. when this is officially released, is the setup and subsequent updating this complicated too? Or will this just be in the Synology package center and easy to install/update?

Thanks!

Hello

I'm using Emby from my NAS since few months and I'm very happy !!!

Do you kow if emby is ok with the last version of DSM 6.0 beta (7135) ?

Thk

zakraket

Thanks everybody for your hard work !

I'm using emby since the begining (first version of mediabrowser a couple of years ago :-)) I have emby installed on my htpc (server and wmc client)

I have all  my media on a synology ds412+ on my local network (all my network is in gigabit) i use the wmc emby client to play my movies and everything works fine.

I was excited when i discover the synology server app. so i tried it the last week.

Here is me feedback and issue :

- No pb for installation

- No pb for configuration

- No pb for scanning and managing the libraries

- But big pb when i want to play a movie... the movie is slow very slow.

It seems the emby wmc app is not reading directly the movie file on the network (my ffdshow presets don't appear). I wonder if the emby server is transcoding the movie for the wmc app ?

Any idea ?

I have the same: playing a movie from my DS-Emby server on my Android App (phone) runs very good, but browsing movies on my HTPC is quite slow (library doesn't even show all info while on my phone it does), starting a movie runs it, but only for a few seconds, after that it stalls/runs/stalls runs and finally HTPC crashes. After that I can't start it again, extremly slow, and starting the phoneapp doesn't work anymore either. Have to check it, but I think my NAS is going crazy to the point that even browsing the NAS through the network is hardly possible.

Hello

I'm using Emby from my NAS since few months and I'm very happy !!!

Do you kow if emby is ok with the last version of DSM 6.0 beta (7135) ?

Thk

I'm not exactly sure what that means, but see the first post because the latest version is available.

christianvivar

When I try to loggin as root using winscp it tells me that the sftp cannot initiate. I can login as my username but then cannnot navigate to the /volume1/..../..../emby. any suggestions?

Followed all directions in first post for this and it's just not working very well for me. 

Stalls out.. doesn't respond.  I have this in my debug log. 

2015-10-25 15:58:35.3763 Error - App: Error loading ImageMagick. Will revert to GDI.
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.0.5724.6
Command line: /usr/local/emby/share/emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /usr/local/emby/var -ffmpeg /usr/local/ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /usr/local/ffmpeg/bin/ffprobe
Operating system: Unix 3.10.35.0
Processor count: 4
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
Program data path: /usr/local/emby/var
Mono: 4.0.4 (Stable 4.0.4.1/5ab4c0d Sun Oct 11 12:21:26 CEST 2015)
Application Path: /volume1/@appstore/emby/share/emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
libMagickWand-6.Q8.so
System.DllNotFoundException
 at (wrapper managed-to-native) ImageMagickSharp.WandInterop:MagickWandGenesis ()
 at ImageMagickSharp.Wand.InitializeEnvironment () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at ImageMagickSharp.Wand..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at ImageMagickSharp.Wand.<.cctor>b__5 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
 at System.Lazy`1[imageMagickSharp.Wand].CreateValue () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Can anyone help?