Photo

Auto Box Sets (Show Missing Collection Items)

box set missing collection

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 rbjtech OFFLINE  

rbjtech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • Local time: 11:36 AM
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 24 March 2019 - 06:39 PM

Did anything ever come of this as this would be a really cool feature - even if it just dumped the missing films into a text file or added the info into the log.

I noticed on a recent debug log, that the Auto-Box set is logging a pretty comprehensive list of what it finds in the Collections - it's just a real shame that it doesn't list 'did not find X' as I could then at least pull that out the logs.

2019-03-24 21:55:22.186 Debug Auto Box Sets: Found box set 453993 with 2 members.
2019-03-24 21:55:22.187 Debug Auto Box Sets: Box set already exists. Will confirm members.
2019-03-24 21:55:22.187 Debug Auto Box Sets: Member The Wolverine already exists
2019-03-24 21:55:22.187 Debug Auto Box Sets: Member Logan already exists

I'm missing "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" so could the plug-in simply write this to the log with something like -

2019-03-24 21:55:22.187 Debug Auto Box Sets: Member X-Men origins : Wolverine missing

..and then I can scrape the log file for the word 'missing' to get a list of all my missing titles ?

For items that aren't even collections (as there is only 1 item) - then it seems to identify these too.

2019-03-24 21:55:22.186 Debug Auto Box Sets: Found box set 531242 with 1 members.
2019-03-24 21:55:22.186 Debug Auto Box Sets: Ignoring set because only has 1 member (needs at least 2).

..so don't ignore it - write an entry on what movies are missing !

It's a shame this is actually only visible in 'Debug' log mode - as it's actually really useful !

Thanks.

#22 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 142115 posts
  • Local time: 06:36 AM

Posted 24 March 2019 - 07:55 PM

I don't believe the plugin ever actually gets a list like that from moviedb.

I think that it does is take the tmdb collection id from your movies and then look up the collection metadata with that, and then use that to create the collection.
  • rbjtech likes this

#23 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 48060 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 09:34 AM

Correct.  Those "Already Exists" messages are for items in your library and already associated with the collection.

• rbjtech likes this

#24 rbjtech OFFLINE  

rbjtech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 25 March 2019 - 09:42 AM

I don't believe the plugin ever actually gets a list like that from moviedb.

I think that it does is take the tmdb collection id from your movies and then look up the collection metadata with that, and then use that to create the collection.

So it's not actually looking at the entire collection, it's just matching one or more identical collection ID's in your library and listing what the movie is - gotcha.

That's a shame.

Thanks to you and @ebr for confirming anyway.

btw ebr - I had a look for the source code on github but could not find it for this plugin - is it available or is it closed source ?

Edited by rbjtech, 25 March 2019 - 09:44 AM.

#25 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 48060 posts

Posted 25 March 2019 - 10:08 AM

The source is not available but changing the plug-in would not do you any good due to:

Its a nice idea but has the prerequisite of the server and all apps understanding the concept of a "Missing" movie. 

#26 rbjtech OFFLINE  

rbjtech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 25 March 2019 - 11:06 AM

If you wanted to display it within the Emby Apps - then I agree - but I'm not asking for that.

I've just got myself a tmdb API key and queried the 'collection ID' from tmdb (and also in the Emby dB for a movie that is part of a collection) - it lists all the movies for that collection with tmdb movie references.  So I'm thinking, it cannot be that hard to compare this list to what's in the Emby dB (do a sub-query) and simply list those that do not exist as missing in the log.  I'm not after displaying anything in the Apps just a log reference.

I'm having a play in Python now (API lookup is all working fine) so I guess I just need to learn the syntax of the Emby API and try combine the two ..  (I'm not a developer, so this is new to me ..)

#27 cayars OFFLINE  

cayars

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 2966 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 02:28 AM

I would love to have "show missing" as an option for collections just like we have for TV Shows.

Can't tell you how many times I've had to manually hunt down missing movies just to complete a collection.  I find this same "show missing" feature invaluable in TV Shows and would love it just as much for collections.

This would only apply to Box Sets and not manually created collections IMHO.

• rbjtech likes this

#28 rbjtech OFFLINE  

rbjtech

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 28 March 2019 - 07:01 AM

This would only apply to Box Sets and not manually created collections IMHO.

It's frustrating why this is not an easy thing (for a developer lol) to do - because a single API call to tmdb lists all the information in a single JSON query, all the sub movies are held in an array.  It just needs a sub-query on what's already in the emby dB - match the tmdb numbers and list what you're missing.  If we did want to go all the way and list in the App - then 'Auto-Box sets' could write a fake movie file to a predetermined area, named correctly and tmdb would pick it up as the valid movie - the trouble is how do you then mark it as 'missing' as opposed to being valid ?  Not sure how it's done for episodes..

In the end, I crudely got the same result by just copying the tmdb collection references from the Auto-Box sets (in Verbose logging) into Excel and queried each one to find the missing items, but to automate this would be a great feature imo as on a few collections I never realised there were follow up or prequel movies at all ..

#29 PenkethBoy OFFLINE  

PenkethBoy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 3432 posts
  • LocationWarrington,UK

Posted 28 March 2019 - 08:51 AM

IIRC - episodes are flagged as "virtual" in the db for missing

probably the code is not there for movies and other videos - not a major change - but not a priority i guess with all the other things on the go

#30 BlazedMonkey OFFLINE  

BlazedMonkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 130 posts
  • Local time: 05:36 AM

Posted 05 April 2019 - 01:36 PM

If you folks are wanting aomething that will show you what movies are missing from your collections, and you are already using Radarr, there are a couple scripts out there already that will spit out a list for you. They don't interaxt with Emby, but you will at least be able to figure out what is missing so you can fill them out without having to manually hunt everything down:

https://www.reddit.c..._people_manager

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: box set, missing, collection

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users