Problem with Isengard Beta 2

denethor

e123enitan

So I went into file manager>special://profile/database, in there are MyVideos93.db and MyVideos92.db

I delete 92.db, so let me see what the system does after the deletion and I shall get back to you.

Thanks

I restart Kodi, the review the database folder, 92.db repopulated, something must have triggered it.

Thanks

Angelblue05

Ok so maybe OpenElec Isengard Beta2 uses MyVideos92.db? Or your set up is seriously screwy. @@e123enitan Can you try to delete your MyVideos93.db instead?

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

e123enitan

I restart Kodi, the review the database folder, 92.db repopulated, something must have triggered it.

Thanks

Could it be because I used tar file to upgrade OpenElec from 14.2 to 15, therefore some elements of 14.2 are trapped in the database, just  guessing.

Edited by e123enitan

e123enitan

Could it be because I used tar file to upgrade OpenElec from 14.2 to 15, therefore some elements of 14.2 are trapped in the database, just  guessing.

93db deleted, and did not reappeared after reboot, and not error message.

Thanks

Edited by e123enitan
  • Like 1

e123enitan

93db deleted, and did not reappeared after reboot, and not error message.

Thanks

I also noted that before I delete 93db it has 22mb sized, while 92db has 2mb, when I rebooted the file swapped to 92db and now is 21.38mb, also the error that I get when I start Kodi have gone.

http://xbmclogs.com/pe6enfb1b#line-84

Log show 92db.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Good job! :) See now you see what I saw and you can understand what's happening.... It is really odd because Kodi says Isengard BETA2 should be using MyVideos93.db when in your situation it's still using MyVideos92.db. So I'm wondering if it's OpenElec that is working this way, or something else. Anyway, I'm glad it works now.

• Like 1

e123enitan

Good job! :) See now you see what I saw and you can understand what's happening.... It is really odd because Kodi says Isengard BETA2 should be using MyVideos93.db when in your situation it's still using MyVideos92.db. So I'm wondering if it's OpenElec that is working this way, or something else. Anyway, I'm glad it works now.

However, I am yet to syn client server, i am going to be doing that in Wetek, as I dont want to messed up my tronsmart setting as it cached texture in 14.2 carried over to 15. Let do the messing around in Wetek I hope it works fine. I shall keep you posted.

Cheers! I owe you a beer :D

Edited by e123enitan
  • Like 1

e123enitan

In wetek I just hard reset, then checked in profile/database, it has only MyVideos93.db, so this is consistent with  "Kodi says Isengard BETA2 should be using MyVideos93.db", why then it is crashing when the texturecache is ON, when it is turned OFF it doesn't crash?, I am lost ;)

As per this log it referenced to 93.db yet the syn have crashed several times, as I have mentioned earlier it doesn't crashed when texturecache if OFF.

http://xbmclogs.com/pd698jwul

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Yes, very odd. I suppose for now you can leave Texturecache off. :) We only guarantee the add-on working with Helix 14.2. At least until Isengard becomes stable... So things might not always work correctly using Isengard.

• Like 1

e123enitan

Yes, very odd. I suppose for now you can leave Texturecache off. :) We only guarantee the add-on working with Helix 14.2. At least until Isengard becomes stable... So things might not always work correctly using Isengard.

OK, something to ponder about whiles Isengard becomes stable. Thanks friend, rushing to get earlier sleep, I shall keep you posted if situation changes

Cheers!

• Like 1

inesergio

You are not using the official beta2 openelec build. In the wetek log you use version 5.95.2 that uses db93. The other log shows version 92 because it's openelec 5.95.1. kodi reports Beta2 but it's not final beta2, like if you compile now from git it will say RC1 but that version is not out yet. If you upgrade all is fine.

Enviado do meu Passport através de Tapatalk

Edited by inesergio
  • Like 2

im85288

Just adding to this, I'm using Openelec official beta 2 on Isengard with no problems at all. Steer clear of nightly builds if your using the emby addon

Edited by im85288
  • Like 1

Angelblue05

@@inesergio

Thank you for clarifying the situation. Really appreciate it as I was pulling my hair out trying to figure out why on earth Kodi would still load 92 when using Isengard BETA 2. :)

• Like 1

GreenWithEmby

Hi, I am a newbie to Emby & Emby for Kodi. I'm unable to get my Emby library to show up through Kodi. I'm running Kodi Isengard beta 2 with the latest Emby add on 1.0.14.

The Emby add-on seems to have installed correctly, and I am able to get through the log-in, neither manual sync nor the full resync seem to do anything and none of my media appear in Kodi (easy to tell since I have no local media on this installation of Kodi yet; my Emby server is running on a different machine). Can anyone help out?

Edited by GreenWithEmby

• 1 month later...