So... I kinda need some testers...

Soultaker

Soultaker

Rush looks very cool. Like the styling and how clean it looks.. The only thing I noticed is when going to TV Shows > Selecting a Series > the Seasons view did not show any posters when the "Poster" view is used. It does show the posters when I switch to Coverflow or another view.

Keep up the good work

try decreasing poster size?

• Like 1

yardameus

@@yardameus the flame represents "new" as it does in all ST's themes

@@Cheesegeezer and @soultaker  Is the flame really newly added items, or unplayed items?  That's where I got confused.  Anyhow, not really a necessity.  I've gotten a little more used to switching the sort order to date added, in case I forgot about something I got a week or so ago, but hadn't watched.  Regardless of all that, I'm really enjoying the theme.  Love the details overview.  Now the wife won't have to squat in front of the tv.  :)

p.s.  End time?  I'm sure someone was waiting for me to ask...

TheWorkz

Hmmmmm options........ Neo2k14???

I Saw that too!!!.. I've ran through every theme and still use Neo as my primary for everything.. Can't wait for even just a little taste of a new build.. :)

yardameus

Don't s'pose you have any intentions of "throwing" in a "new" indication system do you?  Not worth the trouble if it is much trouble at all, but handy if it's easy.

edit:  Or is that what the little flame icon is?

Edited by yardameus

Soultaker

Don't s'pose you have any intentions of "throwing" in a "new" indication system do you?  Not worth the trouble if it is much trouble at all, but handy if it's easy.

What do you mean? Care to expand on your idea?

yardameus

Sorry.  Similar to Subdued or the web client.  When an item has been recently added (and would be on the recently added list) it gets an icon saying new or somehow denoting it's new to the library.

TheWorkz

try decreasing poster size?

Wow, I feel like a real tool. :) That was it. I tried everything but that. Thanks again!

Edited by TheWorkz
  • Like 1

Soultaker

Hey

Not sure what you mean do you have a screenshot?

528ecef5aab25_Capture.png

Nothing wrong there, if you are referring to your media collections that is as designed.

Soultaker

@@Cheesegeezer and @soultaker  Is the flame really newly added items, or unplayed items?  That's where I got confused.  Anyhow, not really a necessity.  I've gotten a little more used to switching the sort order to date added, in case I forgot about something I got a week or so ago, but hadn't watched.  Regardless of all that, I'm really enjoying the theme.  Love the details overview.  Now the wife won't have to squat in front of the tv.  :)

p.s.  End time?  I'm sure someone was waiting for me to ask...

Technically new = unplayed its a bad choice of terminology.

End time support needs to be worked in, didn't get enough time last night to pull it off. :)

• Like 1

yardameus

Had more of a chance to test it out this weekend, and can't really say much of anything other than I really like it.  Only issue I've noticed, is when I enter a collection from EHS or back out of details into the collection, the poster in focus is at an angle.  Once I move to the next poster, it straightens out and everything's fine.  More of a finicky detail than an issue.  Really love the blue watched check box and how it blends with the selection highlight.  I would like to see the ability to adjust the opacity of the backdrop overlay and the poster background, but it wouldn't be a deal-breaker.

• Like 1

aspdend

WIth a small child my testing windows are limited at the moment, but I did manage to have a play with it over the weekend and this is very impressive for the first Alpha ST! very smooth and clean interface. Looking forward to seeing how this develops...

• Like 1

yardameus

Hey, tried creating the RushCustomStyles.mcml file in ProgramData\MediaBrowser-Classic and MBC wouldn't open with that file there.  It gives the error message "Unable to Launch Media Browser 3" as MBC is opening and goes back to WMC.  Removing that file and everything is fine.

edit:  So, I assumed I had somehow done something wrong (like using notepad to create the file).  I made a copy of Styles_DoNotEdit, renamed it, deleted all the content within <mcml> and then everything seems to have worked.  We'll see, but it opened, populated the file etc.. etc...

Edited by yardameus

yardameus

Oh hell's yes...

No problem, to be honest I'm quite happy with how things are turning out. Congrats on the little one dude, boy or girl?

There is a way to change some of the color settings, it's a bit black ops so I'll tell you the step.

1) You'll need to create a blank text file under c:\programdata\mediabrowser-classic\RushCustomStyles.mcml

2) Launch Media Browser (hopefully you already have Rush installed)

3) Open that new file you just created (RushCustomStyles.mcml)

4) Edit some settings (as an example):

•   <cor:Single Name="R_Strip_Opacity" Single="0.5" xmlns:cor="assembly://MSCorLib/System" />
  •   <Color Name="R_Background_Filter" Color="160,160,160" />

5) Restart MBC

6) Enjoy

Here are the results:

CustomAlpha.jpg

Soultaker

WIth a small child my testing windows are limited at the moment, but I did manage to have a play with it over the weekend and this is very impressive for the first Alpha ST! very smooth and clean interface. Looking forward to seeing how this develops...

No problem, to be honest I'm quite happy with how things are turning out. Congrats on the little one dude, boy or girl?

Had more of a chance to test it out this weekend, and can't really say much of anything other than I really like it.  Only issue I've noticed, is when I enter a collection from EHS or back out of details into the collection, the poster in focus is at an angle.  Once I move to the next poster, it straightens out and everything's fine.  More of a finicky detail than an issue.  Really love the blue watched check box and how it blends with the selection highlight.  I would like to see the ability to adjust the opacity of the backdrop overlay and the poster background, but it wouldn't be a deal-breaker.

There is a way to change some of the color settings, it's a bit black ops so I'll tell you the step.

1) You'll need to create a blank text file under c:\programdata\mediabrowser-classic\RushCustomStyles.mcml

•   <cor:Single Name="R_Strip_Opacity" Single="0.5" xmlns:cor="assembly://MSCorLib/System" />
  •   <Color Name="R_Background_Filter" Color="160,160,160" />

5) Restart MBC

6) Enjoy

Here are the results:

CustomAlpha.jpg

• Like 4

aspdend

Thanks man, turns out its a screaming monster!!! Actually a cute little boy!

Thanks man, turns out its a screaming monster!!! Actually a cute little boy!

They turn into a screaming monster only when they get into the teens.

CBers

• <cor:Single Name="R_Strip_Opacity" Single="0.5" xmlns:cor="assembly://MSCorLib/System" />
  • <Color Name="R_Background_Filter" Color="160,160,160" />
5) Restart MBC

6) Enjoy

Here are the results:

CustomAlpha.jpg

Might be nice to have a few different skins.