IPTV: Is there a Start-up Guide?

CBers

Blueeyiz702

sorry guys,but i thought better and removed this post also.

Edited by blueeyiz7021

Once again, please be careful.  I don't want our site to become a source for people to learn how to pirate pay-TV channels for free.

Thanks.

Blueeyiz702

Ebr,i removed screenshots. if you want to delete posts completely thats fine.appreciate your patients.

Edited by blueeyiz7021

gillmacca

there are two ways of setting up iptv one is to install the iptv plugin and live with it or the other way is to install tvheadend or dvblink and configure them to access iptv and guide which will make everything look awesome as well as it will be functional. ask me if any questions.

How do you go about setting up tvheadend to access iptv?

With tvheadend you need the url to the stream and use script to convert it to mpeg4 stream and adding that url to your muxes i am currently bringing my server back up so can do a guide after m done with that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

I have a working m3u list. That i have tested in vlc and it plays in playlist loader in kodi , here is my question there are about 100 channel links .

A. can i add this list to the plug in.

B. is there a way to integrate it with an EPG .

I notice the pic a few posts back of the ivue guide , not sure whther the poster is saying he has the ivue guide linked with the plug in or that he uses it instead of emby ?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
pir8radio

@snazy2000 I need a hand making something work with this plugin..    My IP Security cameras have a url of http://XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX/cgi-bin/mjpeg             and that's it.   I think the plugin may be looking for and extension on the end?...  does anyone know if that's true, or why this isn't working for me?   If i put that URL right into a browser i get a raw live stream right away...

Edited by pir8radio

techywarrior

If the plugin is looking for an extension you may be able to trick it by adding ?x.mp4 to the end of the URL. So xxx/cgi-bin/mjpeg?x.mp4 (first see if the feed still works in the browser but the script for the camera should just drop the GET variable while it's possible if Snazy is just doing a simple string check it will pass his validation.

(or it may not work at all :) )

pir8radio

If the plugin is looking for an extension you may be able to trick it by adding ?x.mp4 to the end of the URL. So xxx/cgi-bin/mjpeg?x.mp4 (first see if the feed still works in the browser but the script for the camera should just drop the GET variable while it's possible if Snazy is just doing a simple string check it will pass his validation.

(or it may not work at all :) )

lol im just grasping at straws...  I'm not sure if it needs an extension, but yea that's an idea i can try!! :-)

• 3 months later...
atharmian

55cba019a1edb_screenshot003.png

Hey there !

Just noticed your post... Is this iVue(2) Guide working on Emby as it works on Kodi?

Any install instructions, and notes on how to input iptv m3u playlists etc?

How about other TV Guides from Kodi working on Emby too? (e.g., IPTV Simple Client, PseudoLive TV by Lunatizx.)

Cheers,

Athar.

• Like 1

atharmian

With tvheadend you need the url to the stream and use script to convert it to mpeg4 stream and adding that url to your muxes i am currently bringing my server back up so can do a guide after m done with that.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Romana,

Hi from Toronto ! Any luck on that TVheadend IPTV Guide for emby?

Cheers,

Athar.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
e123enitan

Since the server will handle transcoding if required anything supported by the Emby server is supported.

I had added support for the IPTV plugin in the Chrome Companion app so if you need some help you can try that. The Chrome Companion will try and detect streams/links that can be added. Then you just give it a name and click add.

I need help, a total novice, you can pmp thanks 

• 5 months later...

The IPTV plugin has been updated with a new configuration screen to match the look and feel of the rest of Emby Server. I think you'll find it much more enjoyable to use and configure now. Thanks.

• 5 months later...
tyr_88

there are two ways of setting up iptv one is to install the iptv plugin and live with it or the other way is to install tvheadend or dvblink and configure them to access iptv and guide which will make everything look awesome as well as it will be functional. ask me if any questions.

This is why I agree with post about a how to nothing works for me

I cannot get a single link anywhere to play pre-premium and post-premium for IPTV tried up to date links single, even playlist multiple times neither will work just endless reading through black screen and channel names.

Through IPTV plugin not even sure how about doing a setup mentioned aboved only thing that works off server for me is my local content, I know it is not my network or firewall everything else works

Edited by tyr_88

tyr_88

@@tyr_88, have you tried clicking the Help buttons inside the server web interface? It takes you straight to our Live TV wiki:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Live%20TV

Please let us know if this help. Thanks !

yes I have been trying m3U file list and no luck period I read WIKI on it not 100% sure I understand it all but the linking and so forth of m3u yes, guide not really as of yet not been able to implement one.

Also no luck on external service setup is VU suppose to launched from a web interface via localhost? It gives the port and all but nothing to connect to

Thanks great support top notch

Thanks for the info. If you could go into a little more specifics, with some examples, it would be easier to help. Thanks !

• Like 1

tyr_88

Thanks for the info. If you could go into a little more specifics, with some examples, it would be easier to help. Thanks !

I think the best thing I need to do is bypass going through DISH period it's DLNA is preventing me from getting full use of the app period besides just normal play of media before I proceed on to naming anymore issues.

I think it is causing most of my problems just trying to take the low road of being on a budget ATM, I have no firesticks, chromecast, etc to bypass them with, even hooking straight into my 60+" Vizio smart isn't going to give me access I need to get the app on there.

Which DLNA device would you recommend I go for, I am just going to go ahead and purchase 2 for now Chromecast seems ideal budget device, I see you guys made it available. Roku or anything else would be appreciative of suggestions, I know I am behind on this sort of Tech and newer to media serving sow would be helpful

Thank You

I would go with Roku, and then use the Emby Roku app and you won't need to bother with DLNA.

• Like 1

tyr_88

I would go with Roku, and then use the Emby Roku app and you won't need to bother with DLNA.

Thank you very much

tyr_88

Luke sorry to bother again I'm trying to find a store near me with them in stock what would be the roku you recommend as is in best versatility and best fluid functionality?

I'd rather drive than order and wait closest to me is about 45min drive I live way out in no where country lol

express, exp +, or moving up to streaming 1,2,3 mini boxes?

Edited by tyr_88

tyr_88

The newer Roku 4 is nice.

Thanks for the fast response, I called my local wally store they do have Roku Express + in stock the first guy said out of everything.

Would you advise avoiding the + and just getting the 4 streamers?

They do not carry the 3-4 Rokus though would have to order.

Bandwidth is no issue my standard pack is 100mbps 2nd tier is 1gig

Edited by tyr_88

The roku 3 and roku 4 are discontinued. These devices are sold at steep discounts to purge inventories of outdated stock.

The roku express is underpowered. The roku express+ has composite and hdmi out but still underpowered.

The best roku devices are roku premiere, premiere+, ultra, and 4k rokuTv's. These models all support up to 4k. The premiere+ and ultra also have hdr/dolbyvision (10/12 bit) support, as do most 4k rokuTv models.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

Edited by speechles
  • Like 1

tyr_88

The roku 3 and roku 4 are discontinued. These devices are sold at steep discounts to purge inventories of outdated stock.

The roku express is underpowered. The roku express+ has composite and hdmi out but still underpowered.

The best roku devices are roku premiere, premiere+, ultra, and 4k rokuTv's. These models all support up to 4k. The premiere+ and ultra also have hdr/dolbyvision (10/12 bit) support, as do most 4k rokuTv models.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk

Are the Express + just under powered overall or for 4K only?

All I have is 1080p res TV's