IPTV: Is there a Start-up Guide?

CBers

CBers

Is there one?

Searched through this forum, but it seems to be more questions than answers.

Also, is the plugin still supported?

Thanks in advance :)

hiro24

I came here looking for that as well. I can't get anything to work for it. Not sure if it's bad sources or if the plugin is defunct.

CBers

No, the plugin still works.

I've just added a bunch of sport channels to it.

AgileHumor

Curious about documentation myself.  I personally can't figure how to get IPTV Plugin to work with H.264 IP Cameras.  Someone said it's supported...but the protocol droptdowns don't match up.

Personally don't use any media with RTMP.

Allegedly YouTube works too (fixed video).

How much of a guide is really needed? You find direct links to videos on the web and you add them to the plugin. that's really all there is too it. they have to be direct links to the actual media and not links to web pages that play videos

CBers

I had a play with the plugin last night and managed to get 6 IPTV streams working.

AgileHumor

Basic IP stuff:

How about some guidelines like supported Codecs?  

You support MJPEG/H264?  

Bitstreams?  

Protocols (why not RTSP, the most popular)? 

Audio?

techywarrior

Since the server will handle transcoding if required anything supported by the Emby server is supported.

I had added support for the IPTV plugin in the Chrome Companion app so if you need some help you can try that. The Chrome Companion will try and detect streams/links that can be added. Then you just give it a name and click add.

• Like 3

gillmacca

I've never found any IPTV stream that works yet. Maybe a new thread needs to be started that will list IPTV streams that work

CBers

Since the server will handle transcoding if required anything supported by the Emby server is supported.

I had added support for the IPTV plugin in the Chrome Companion app so if you need some help you can try that. The Chrome Companion will try and detect streams/links that can be added. Then you just give it a name and click add.

I could never figure out what I had to do with that part of the extension :)

Which sort of websites does it detect streams/links on?

YouTube for example?

CBers

I've never found any IPTV stream that works yet. Maybe a new thread needs to be started that will list IPTV streams that work

A great idea.

My son and I have been scouring various IPTV related sites trying to get streams to work.

We found a few, but the PQ is appealing.

techywarrior

I could never figure out what I had to do with that part of the extension :)

Which sort of websites does it detect streams/links on?

YouTube for example?

Simply go to a webpage that has a video on it, open the extension and go to the video bookmark tab, it should list any video streams that it finds.

The problem is that many websites are actively trying to prevent this exact sort of behavior. In order for the IPTV stream to work in Emby we need to get the actual video stream URL and often times the website will use tricks in order to hide it behind redirects that use cookies to validate a link, access tokens, and other special things.

• Like 1

techywarrior

A great idea.

My son and I have been scouring various IPTV related sites trying to get streams to work.

We found a few, but the PQ is appealing.

Yea, it's probably a good idea to have a thread that lists some working URLs and/or instructions on how to get to the real stream URLs for websites that make it hard.

• Like 1

Yea, it's probably a good idea to have a thread that lists some working URLs and/or instructions on how to get to the real stream URLs for websites that make it hard.

Be careful.  I don't want to start hosting a "how to" on pirating content.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
Rainey

At least tell use where the links file is keep so we can edit it direct as putting one link at a time into the GUI is a PITA.

Maybe it should be drag and drop?

• 4 weeks later...
Blueeyiz702

TNT on IPTV,my screenshot is weird picture is perfect55c962edca49c_screenshotlocalhost8096201

Edited by blueeyiz7021

Blueeyiz702

Are these permanent links?

According to the site,they are all good working links.

Blueeyiz702

Be careful.  I don't want to start hosting a "how to" on pirating content.

oops,sorrry ebr didnt see that! wont do that again

there are two ways of setting up iptv one is to install the iptv plugin and live with it or the other way is to install tvheadend or dvblink and configure them to access iptv and guide which will make everything look awesome as well as it will be functional. ask me if any questions.

Blueeyiz702

removed post,ebr if thats ok.thought it would be better if i did.

Edited by blueeyiz7021

Blueeyiz702

i removed my post,as to not cause problems and get me in hot water.

Edited by blueeyiz7021