Emby Error

michael_sutherland

michael_sutherland

Hi guys, 

update my installation of emby from the old repo to the new one and something went terribly wrong. In the end i ended up wiping my distro and installing debian 7.0 from fresh. 

I have installed emby using the instructions at this link http://emby.media/downloads/linux-server/

Installation appeared to go ok. 

The first thing i noticed is straight after installation is the command 'service emby start' from the link above doesn't seem to work. i have managed to get emby to start by entering the /opt/emby directory and running the following command. 

Emby seems really responsive and fast. 

i went into user settings and selected 'remove user from login page' and selected Save. upon clicking save i got a message pop up that said

guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes

I have looked into the log file and it shows the following two errors. 

2015-05-28 09:22:58.8034 Error - DtoUtils: ServiceBase<TRequest>::Service Exception
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.0.5621.4
    Command line: /opt/emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
    Operating system: Unix 3.2.41.42
    Processor count: 4
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: True
    Program data path: /opt/emby/ProgramData-Server
    Mono: 4.0.1 (tarball Tue May 26 04:42:32 UTC 2015)
    Application Path: /opt/emby/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
    Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).
    System.FormatException
     at System.Guid+GuidResult.SetFailure (ParseFailureKind failure, System.String failureMessageID, System.Object failureMessageFormatArgument, System.String failureArgumentName, System.Exception innerException) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
     at System.Guid+GuidResult.SetFailure (ParseFailureKind failure, System.String failureMessageID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
     at System.Guid.TryParseGuidWithNoStyle (System.String guidString, System.GuidResult& result) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
     at System.Guid.TryParseGuid (System.String g, GuidStyles flags, System.GuidResult& result) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
     at System.Guid..ctor (System.String g) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
     at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Library.UserManager.GetUserById (System.String id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
     at MediaBrowser.Api.UserService+<PostAsync>c__async4.MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

2015-05-28 09:22:58.8082 Error - HttpServer: Error processing request for /emby/Users/c01940de28d145768fb3ce0ce05ab064
    *** Error Report ***

Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).
    ServiceStack.HttpError
    No Stack Trace Available

Can anyone tell me whats wrong? (Screenshot Attached) post-39074-0-96960500-1432823584_thumb.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated. 

hurricanehrndz

I will look into the service script. PS what is the message you get from running "service emby start"

Edited by hurricanehernandez
  • Like 1

michael_sutherland

I will look into the service script.

Many Thanks. Is there any more info i can supply you with that will help? 

Mike

hurricanehrndz

Many Thanks. Is there any more info i can supply you with that will help? 

Mike

Yes the error message from running "service emby start"

michael_sutherland

Yes the error message from running "service emby start"

I run 'service emby start' and the only output from terminal is

'Removing stale /var/run/emby.pid'

i try http://localhost:8096/emby and get 404 not found error. 

when i run 'mono MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe' in the /opt/emby directory this is the output i get: 

root@s17727626:/opt/emby# mono MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
Info, Main, Emby
appHost.Init
Info, App, Application version: 3.0.5621.4
Info, App, Application configuration:
        {"EnableUPnP":true,"PublicPort":8096,"PublicHttpsPort":8920,"HttpServerPortNumber":8096,"HttpsPortNumber":8920,"EnableHttps":false,"EnableUserSpecificUserViews":true,"EnableInternetProviders":true,"IsPortAuthorized":true,"SeasonZeroDisplayName":"Specials","SaveLocalMeta":false,"EnableLocalizedGuids":true,"EnableLibraryMetadataSubFolder":true,"PreferredMetadataLanguage":"en","MetadataCountryCode":"GB","SortReplaceCharacters":[".","+","%"],"SortRemoveCharacters":[",","&","-","{","}","'"],"SortRemoveWords":["the","a","an"],"MinResumePct":5,"MaxResumePct":90,"MinResumeDurationSeconds":300,"RealtimeLibraryMonitorDelay":40,"EnableDashboardResponseCaching":true,"EnableDashboardResourceMinification":true,"MergeMetadataAndImagesByName":true,"EnableStandaloneMetadata":true,"ImageSavingConvention":"Compatible","MetadataOptions":[{"ItemType":"Book","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":1,"MinWidth":1280}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":[],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"Movie","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":2,"MinWidth":1280},{"Type":"Art","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Disc","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Primary","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Banner","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Thumb","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Logo","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":["Emby Xml"],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"Series","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":2,"MinWidth":1280},{"Type":"Art","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Primary","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Banner","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Thumb","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Logo","Limit":1,"MinWidth":0}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":["Emby Xml"],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"MusicAlbum","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":0,"MinWidth":1280},{"Type":"Disc","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":["Emby Xml"],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"MusicArtist","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":1,"MinWidth":1280},{"Type":"Banner","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Art","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0},{"Type":"Logo","Limit":0,"MinWidth":0}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":["Emby Xml"],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"Season","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":0,"MinWidth":1280}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":["Emby Xml"],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"Episode","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":3,"MinWidth":1280}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":["Emby Xml"],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"MusicVideo","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":3,"MinWidth":1280}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":["Emby Xml"],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]},{"ItemType":"Video","ImageOptions":[{"Type":"Backdrop","Limit":3,"MinWidth":1280}],"DisabledMetadataSavers":["Emby Xml"],"LocalMetadataReaderOrder":[],"DisabledMetadataFetchers":[],"MetadataFetcherOrder":[],"DisabledImageFetchers":[],"ImageFetcherOrder":[]}],"EnableAutomaticRestart":true,"EnableRealtimeMonitor":true,"PathSubstitutions":[],"UICulture":"en-GB","PeopleMetadataOptions":{"DownloadActorMetadata":true,"DownloadDirectorMetadata":true,"DownloadProducerMetadata":false,"DownloadWriterMetadata":false,"DownloadComposerMetadata":false,"DownloadOtherPeopleMetadata":false,"DownloadGuestStarMetadata":false},"FindInternetTrailers":true,"InsecureApps9":["Chromecast","iOS","Unknown app","iPad","iPhone","Windows Phone"],"SaveMetadataHidden":false,"ContentTypes":[],"EnableAudioArchiveFiles":false,"EnableVideoArchiveFiles":false,"RemoteClientBitrateLimit":0,"EnableDebugLevelLogging":false,"EnableAutoUpdate":true,"SystemUpdateLevel":"Release","LogFileRetentionDays":3,"RunAtStartup":false,"IsStartupWizardCompleted":true,"EnableCustomPathSubFolders":true}
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Api, Version=3.0.5621.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.WebDashboard, Version=3.0.5621.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Model, Version=3.0.5621.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Common, Version=3.0.5621.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=3.0.5621.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Providers, Version=3.0.5621.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations, Version=3.0.5621.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations, Version=3.0.5621.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.MediaEncoding, Version=3.0.5621.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Dlna, Version=3.0.5621.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.LocalMetadata, Version=3.0.5621.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.XbmcMetadata, Version=3.0.5621.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.IsoMounting.Linux, Version=1.0.5131.24779, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Server.Mono, Version=3.0.5621.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, App, Loading MediaBrowser.Server.Startup.Common, Version=3.0.5621.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Info, SqliteUserRepository, Sqlite 3.7.13 opening /opt/emby/ProgramData-Server/data/users.db
Info, SqliteItemRepository, Sqlite 3.7.13 opening /opt/emby/ProgramData-Server/data/chapters.db
Info, SqliteItemRepository, Sqlite 3.7.13 opening /opt/emby/ProgramData-Server/data/mediainfo.db
Info, SqliteFileOrganizationRepository, Sqlite 3.7.13 opening /opt/emby/ProgramData-Server/data/fileorganization.db
Info, AuthenticationRepository, Sqlite 3.7.13 opening /opt/emby/ProgramData-Server/data/authentication.db
Info, SyncRepository, Sqlite 3.7.13 opening /opt/emby/ProgramData-Server/data/sync14.db
Info, ImageMagick, ImageMagick version: ImageMagick 6.9.1-2 Q8 x86_64 2015-05-26 http://www.imagemagick.org
Info, ImageProcessor, ImageProcessor started with 4 max concurrent image processes
Info, App, FFMpeg: /opt/emby/ProgramData-Server/ffmpeg/20150331/ffmpeg
Info, App, FFProbe: /opt/emby/ProgramData-Server/ffmpeg/20150331/ffprobe
Info, ActivityRepository, Sqlite 3.7.13 opening /opt/emby/ProgramData-Server/data/activitylog.db
Info, SqliteDisplayPreferencesRepository, Sqlite 3.7.13 opening /opt/emby/ProgramData-Server/data/displaypreferences.db
Info, SqliteItemRepository, Sqlite 3.7.13 opening /opt/emby/ProgramData-Server/data/library.db
Info, SqliteProviderInfoRepository, Sqlite 3.7.13 opening /opt/emby/ProgramData-Server/data/refreshinfo.db
Info, SqliteUserDataRepository, Sqlite 3.7.13 opening /opt/emby/ProgramData-Server/data/userdata_v2.db
Info, SqliteNotificationsRepository, Sqlite 3.7.13 opening /opt/emby/ProgramData-Server/data/notifications.db
Info, HttpServer, Calling ServiceStack AppHost.Init
Info, ServiceStackHost, Initializing Application took 3861.803ms
Info, ServerManager, Loading Http Server
Info, HttpServer, Adding HttpListener prefix http://+:8096/
Info, HttpServer, Adding HttpListener prefix https://+:8920/
Info, HttpServer, attempting to load pfx: /opt/emby/ProgramData-Server/ssl/cert_9c31b7884ea5475c8687970fc5996297.pfx
Running startup tasks
Info, App, Core startup complete
Info, SsdpHandler, MultiCast socket created

Every thing seems to run ok when doing this. but i get the error. 

guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes

If there are any commands you would like me to enter in terminal i can do that for you or i can even give you access via ssh. 

Mike

Xtropy

I am getting this same issue when trying to add my user id/password into the Trakt plugin related to the GID. Issue began after updating to the new version this morning

hiro24

I'm noticing the same GUID error when I try to save a bookmark in the IPTV plugin. Looks to be related to this problem. Also get the same error when I try to modify a user account (grant "allow media deletion", for example) FWIW I just updated, but had the problem in the previous version also. Currently on Version 3.0.5621.4. Here's a snippet from the logs.

2015-05-29 14:28:40.4096 Error - DtoUtils: ServiceBase<TRequest>::Service Exception
 *** Error Report ***
 Command line: /opt/emby-server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/lib/emby
 Operating system: Unix 3.13.0.24
 Program data path: /var/lib/emby
 Mono: 4.0.1 (tarball Tue May 26 04:28:10 UTC 2015)
 Application Path: /opt/emby-server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
 System.FormatException
 at System.Guid/GuidResult.SetFailure (System.Guid/ParseFailureKind,string,object,string,System.Exception) <0x000de>
 at System.Guid/GuidResult.SetFailure (System.Guid/ParseFailureKind,string) <0x0001e>
 at System.Guid.TryParseGuidWithNoStyle (string,System.Guid/GuidResult&) <0x0005a>
 at System.Guid.TryParseGuid (string,System.Guid/GuidStyles,System.Guid/GuidResult&) <0x00247>
 at System.Guid..ctor (string) <0x000e0>
 at MediaBrowser.Api.PluginService.Post (MediaBrowser.Api.UpdatePluginConfiguration) <0x0006c>
 at (wrapper dynamic-method) object.lambda_method (System.Runtime.CompilerServices.Closure,object,object) <0x00074>
 at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceExec`1/<>c__DisplayClass6<MediaBrowser.Api.PluginService>.<CreateExecFn>b__5 (object,object) <0x0002d>
 at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRunner`1<MediaBrowser.Api.UpdatePluginConfiguration>.Execute (ServiceStack.Web.IRequest,object,MediaBrowser.Api.UpdatePluginConfiguration) <0x00428>

2015-05-29 14:28:40.4096 Error - HttpServer: Error processing request for /emby/Plugins/c333f63b-83e9-48d2-8b9a-c5aba546fb1e/Configuration
 *** Error Report ***
 Command line: /opt/emby-server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -programdata /var/lib/emby
 Operating system: Unix 3.13.0.24
 Program data path: /var/lib/emby
 Mono: 4.0.1 (tarball Tue May 26 04:28:10 UTC 2015)
 Application Path: /opt/emby-server/MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe
 ServiceStack.HttpError
 No Stack Trace Available

Edited by hiro24