PseudoTV Emby style!

schingeck
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

jblaze12

I could give this a shot but it's the illusion of choice that can be satiating. Remnants of my past life clicking around "finding" something an always-on system (live tv).

This right here! Illusion of choice of content we already carefully collected and curated.

Raptor6L

I remember reading about this last year. Was a great idea then and is still a great idea now.

Hopefully someone with the necessary skills can pick this up and run with it!!!

Cheers

Chris

miniliQuid

Sorry to say I cannot add my vote to this one.

Basically ebr his first comment is in sync with mine.

I never really understood the desire to take your organized library and turn it into a huge broadcast set of channels that you didn't actually have direct control over as far as what you watched when.  For me, the whole reason I use a system like Emby is so that I am in complete control of what I watch when as opposed to things being randomly presented at set times.

Now, having intelligent suggestions and smart playlists is definitely a good thing and we do plan to expand those features going forward and, if something like this garnered enough interest then no reason why we couldn't do it as well.

I only watch TV when something is on that I would want to see but not have in my own collection.

For everything else I watch what I want, when I want, without interruptions or waiting.

Edited by miniliQuid

• 6 months later...
MainMonkey

I would love this as well. I too find myself watching a lot of tv and movies I already own from live tv simply because it is on. and if I am ever in a position to where i can no longer afford cable it would be nice to have a fake version. I used PseudoTV for Kodi for a long time until the developer stopped updating it and it stopped working. and now that i am leaving kodi and going to Emby I really miss it and several of the other things kodi use to be able to do.

seanbuff
3 minutes ago, MainMonkey said:

I would love this as well. I too find myself watching a lot of tv and movies I already own from live tv simply because it is on. and if I am ever in a position to where i can no longer afford cable it would be nice to have a fake version. I used PseudoTV for Kodi for a long time until the developer stopped updating it and it stopped working. and now that i am leaving kodi and going to Emby I really miss it and several of the other things kodi use to be able to do.

You should check out the VirtualTV plugin

• Like 1

• 3 years later...