MediaInfo doesn't appear to be working properly in Emby

cw-kid

cw-kid

OK great I have notepad ++ already installed on my laptop, I may give this ago tomorrow so I can get everything imported sooner rather than later.

Cheers

• Like 1

cw-kid

I can see one issue with the plan however!

If a title in Kodi has been watched more than once the playcount maybe <playcount>2</playcount> or <playcount>10</playcount> if I have watched it ten times, so in the Notepad++ I'd have to search for all the possible playcount values. 

marcelveldt

I can see one issue with the plan however!

If a title in Kodi has been watched more than once the playcount maybe <playcount>2</playcount> or <playcount>10</playcount> if I have watched it ten times, so in the Notepad++ I'd have to search for all the possible playcount values. 

Yeah, that's true I'm afraid but it will be very fast. Just change the one value and press the replace button again.

cw-kid

Yeah I guess so. Will have a think about it, but it would be nice to get all the media in to Emby. 

marcelveldt

Yeah I guess so. Will have a think about it, but it would be nice to get all the media in to Emby. 

That's true and that will happen over time but as it requires adjustments to the Emby server itself it won't be any time soon.

If you want to do the import now, I'd suggest you to go for the find/replace route. It's just one time only to get the initial import done. After that you'll be using Emby for your metadata management.

cw-kid

That's true and that will happen over time but as it requires adjustments to the Emby server itself it won't be any time soon.

If you want to do the import now, I'd suggest you to go for the find/replace route. It's just one time only to get the initial import done. After that you'll be using Emby for your metadata management.

Yes your right I think! Tomorrow then..

cw-kid

I've tried it, I had to install the latest version of Notepad++ on to the file server, I used a *.nfo filter, but Notepad++ just keeps bombing out and closing, when scanning on my TV folder share. Maybe there's too many NFO files in there.  :(

EDIT:

Actually seems to be working better with the older version of Notepad++ on my laptop and using network UNC paths, Its done the TV folder now. 

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

OK so I edited all the nfos with Notepad++ and changed the tags as discussed. 

I just imported the LIVE Kids Movies folder in to Emby. 

However when I look at these movies in Emby there is loads that are not marked as watched when I know we have watched them. For some of these I have checked their NFO and inside there is a tag that says: 

<watched>true</watched>

But in Emby web GUI they are not ticked as Played.

Other movie titles have come in as played OK but loads have not  :( 

EDIT: I have just manually refreshed one of the titles that is watched but not showing as played in the Emby metadata manager, now it is showing as played and has a green tick.

So maybe now I have to refresh all the new movie titles in the metadata manager. 

Seems odd the initial import didn't mark them as played, but if the refresh works, I'll do that now. 

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

That doesn't seem to be working.

How do I refresh multiple movie titles on mass?

I tried selecting the movie folders parent / root folder in the metadata manager and running a refresh from there, but its not updating the movies and they are not getting a TheMovieDB ID and they are not changing to WATCHED. 

Yet if I individually select a single movie title in the metadata manager and refresh it then it does get a TheMovieDB ID populated and its watch status does change to Played with a green tick. 

Angelblue05

Yeah, I think the refresh at top level doesn't work right now or is very very very slow. I don't know if you just do a scan library would have the same effect and update metadata from NFO..... :(

cw-kid

Well I just ran the scan library again from the dashboard and I can still see movies we have watched that are showing as unwatched in Emby. So it hasn't worked too well!

Bugger! 

Angelblue05

Maybe if you go through Kodi and at top level you mark as watched? it will go faster because via Kodi, it will actually mark as watched on Emby.... Do you have more unwatched than watched or the other way around?

Edited by Angelblue05

cw-kid

Yeah but wouldn't that mark them all as watched? Some we haven't actually watched. 

It seems the Emby importer hasn't read all the tags properly. 

Movie Title 9: Not watched in Emby no green tick showing.

55512d5fde193_Watched1.png

But in the nfo Emby has meant to have read, its clearly marked as watched = true

55512db354934_Watched2.png

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

Same problem with TV Shows

I know my daughter has watched all the "Blue's Clues"

This screen shot is of season 1, as you can see some episodes are marked as played some are not in Emby. If I look at the nfos for Episode1 and Episode2 they state <watched>true</watched> Yet they are not marked as played in Emby, why not?

55512f153e302_Watched3.png

Blue's Clues S01E01 NFO

555132565b071_Watched4.png

So that is down to the Emby server importer right. Something not right with it, it seems to me. 

Edited by cw-kid

Angelblue05

I just think you'd be better heard over on the server forums because this is really regarding Emby server's import, not Kodi itself.... but yeah, it seems like it needs some work.

cw-kid

OK last thing for tonight. 

I had the "Download artwork and metadata from the Internet" turned on in the Emby server settings. As Luke told me previously to turn it on.

I removed the LIVE Kids TV folder from the Library and this removed all the TV Shows from Emby.

I have then turned off again the "Download artwork and metadata from the Internet"  setting and restarted the Emby server. 

I then added back in to the library the LIVE Kids TV folder, it then scanned again.

And again that Blue's Clues Season 1 has some episodes marked as played and some not. And Episodes 1 and 2 are marked as not played, even though their nfo's have the <watched>true</watched> tag set.

So I am running out of ideas and patience now a bit.  :angry: 

Has no one else imported from Kodi Helix NFO files in to Emby Library ???

I will have to start a new thread in the server section and link it to this one..

What I really need to know, is how to totally clean / reset the Emby library database between tests?

Thanks

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Yeah, I can understand the frustration. I had to do the same thing when I went from Kodi to Emby back when I joined. It's one of these things you suffer through, because after it's done, everything works as intended. It's just that initial step, I went throught marking items manually as watched, to picking handpicking each artwork. It's tedious but after it's done, you just get to sit back and enjoy smooth playback in Kodi, for example. Once you have everything the way you want in Emby server, everything else should fall into place. :)

Hopefully they will update the Kodi import in a timely manner, because it would indeed makes thing easier for people to switch from Kodi to having an Emby server managing their content with added bonuses like streaming to other devices and having Kodi as their main player.

• Like 1

cw-kid

Hopefully they will update the Kodi import in a timely manner, because it would indeed makes thing easier for people to switch from Kodi to having an Emby server managing their content with added bonuses like streaming to other devices and having Kodi as their main player.

Well that was the plan! 

My media collection is far too large, I can't manually start editing individual titles in metadata manager. I have all the correct artwork anyway's from Kodi / Artwork Downloader stored in each movies / tv show folder on the file server. 

I just need to get these watched statuses imported in to Emby properly and I should be good to start actually using Emby. 

• Like 1

cw-kid

I've just setup Kodi on my brothers Windows 8.1 laptop and used the Emby add-on for Kodi. 

I've configured the add-on to connect to my server with the external host name and to play from HTTP instead of SMB etc.

Then there is an option for Video Quality the default is 100MB HD 

I am thinking I should reduced this video quality setting down to something more sensible for remote over the Internet connections.

I tested my upload speed on my Fibre here and it was 9.5MBps. 

Any recommendations on what I should be setting the video quality to?

Thanks

cw-kid

I've just setup Kodi on my brothers Windows 8.1 laptop and used the Emby add-on for Kodi. 

I've configured the add-on to connect to my server with the external host name and to play from HTTP instead of SMB etc.

Then there is an option for Video Quality the default is 100MB HD 

I am thinking I should reduced this video quality setting down to something more sensible for remote over the Internet connections.

I tested my upload speed on my Fibre here and it was 9.5 MBps. 

Any recommendations on what I should be setting the video quality to? I was thinking like 2.0 MBps HD

Thanks

EDIT:

Also my server is only a little HP Microserver the ffmpeg transcoding is very heavy on the CPU. 

In the Emby add-on there is another thing that says "Force Transcoding Codecs" when you select this it just brings up the on screen keyboard in Kodi. Just wondering what it was for?

Edited by cw-kid

Angelblue05

If you leave the bitrate normal or high enough it will direct stream instead of transcoding to a lower quality if you pick a lower bitrate. I forgot to disable the option for the codecs. Kodi will be able to direct stream or direct play if local, everything (ok, like 99%) :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Angelblue05

cw-kid

The laptop is still on my local LAN wired at the moment. However I am setting this up for WAN access on the Internet. 

I changed the Emby add-on Video Quality setting to 2.0MBps and I am now trying 3.2MBps

When playing a 1080P MKV movie its buffering a lot, the Kodi video cache seems to be dropping down and then it pauses for a bit and then plays for a bit etc. 

cw-kid

So could he direct play this 1080P MKV over the Internet? Surely it needs transcoding to a lower bitrate which is why I started playing with these video quality settings in the add-on. 

Angelblue05

If you can up the bitrate higher than this? Monitor whats happening in your dashboard. Up the limit until it can direct stream, usually this is preferred to transcoding

Angelblue05

Is his internet stable at home? With decent speed? Do you know? Because I stream from my brothers remote server across country and I direct stream everything and the playback doesn't stutter. I don't know about 1080p, but the best way is to test and find the best outcome