MediaInfo doesn't appear to be working properly in Emby

cw-kid

cw-kid

Hi

In the Emby Dashboard I changed one setting relating to this:

Metadata - Advanced - Date added behavior for new content 

I changed this from "Use File Creation Date" to "Used Date Scanned in to Library"

I have just added a new movie called "Superfast!" in to the movie folder that Emby is monitoring. 

I can now see this new movie title in the Kodi movie library OK.

However in Kodi if I go to New Movies area its not listed in there in the order I expected it should be. 

I am using the Kodi skin Xperience1080 and normally (When not using Emby add-on and using MySQL) the very lastest movie title is always the one on at the top of the list.

554e77cd33387_NewMovies.png

However "Superfast!" isn't at the top of the list, but if I scroll down the list if can be found further down.

554e783202e69_NewMovies2.png

If I add another new movie title in to the movie folder that Emby is monitoring, then the same thing happens, the title appears in Kodi movies area automatically. Then when I look in the New Movies area its not at the top of the new movie list, but somewhere in the middle. 

Its not skin related as Confluence is the same. 

Not a major issue but it is behaving differently to how it did when it was connected to MySQL.

Thanks

EDIT: This was the problem here

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

This could be a Kodi issue of course, I switched to Confluence and the sorting is greyed out.

554e7af97ba1e_NewMovies3.png

cw-kid

Another related issue to adding new movies?

Those two new movie titles I just added are showing up in my daughters Android tablet. I set her Parental controls to GB-PG.

Yet "Superfast!" is a PG-13 and the other movie I added "The Purge" is rated R. So not sure why she could see them in the Emby app?

It has however hidden other movie titles from her view that are over GB-PG, just not the two newly added titles.

If I login as her to the Emby Web GUI its the same I can see these two new movie titles that are over GB-PG. Yet all the other movie titles showing are GB-PG and below.

554e7f51d4851_NewMovies4.png

In the Emby Dashboard if I turn off the parental controls for her user account and save and then I can see all the movies when logged in as her.

However if I then turn on the parental controls again and set it back as GB-PG, then all the other titles above GB-PG cannot be seen again but I can still see these two newly added titles "Superfast!" and "The Purge".

Very strange, seems like a bug?

Thanks

Edited by cw-kid

siu99ss2

Hi cw-kid,

I'm assuming you've set server parental control location to UK, I think the movies are displaying because they are tagged with non-UK parental ratings.

Try retagging with UK equivalents, ie GB-12, GB-15, GB-18 etc

Hope that helps.

cw-kid

Yes I set it to UK in Emby.

But in Kodi they normally show as the US rating system.

Maybe that's the issue?

Maybe I should have set Emby as US.

I will have a play around with it some more tomorrow.

cw-kid

But that doesn't explain why it was correctly not showing all the other movie titles rated above GB-PG. But it's was only displaying the two newly added titles I mentioned when it shouldn't have been.

I'm not sure it's quite confusing!

marcelveldt

Hi,

In order to resolve your issue, a few comments and questions:

1) What version of Kodi are you using ?

2) What version of the Emby addon are you using ?

3) Are you using collections in your setup or just Kodi's "All movies" entry ?

4) If you're using the collections, could you please check if the order of recently added movies is correct in the "all movies" node ?

5) To build the listing of recently added in Kodi with the emby addon we make use of the "dateadded" property, this hould be the date that the item is added to your Kodi library but I'm not 100% sure if changing the setting from "use file creation date" to "date added to library" will in fact issue a sync to kodi. Was the behaviour wrong with the old setting ?

cw-kid

Hi

1. Kodi Helix for Windows V14.2

2. Emby add-on for Kodi V0.1.7

Emby Server for Windows V3.0.5597.1

3. Yes in the Kodi Video settings Group movies in to Collections is enabled. 

4. If I turn off the setting in Kodi to group movies in to collections and then if I add a new movie title (Captain Philips) in to the Emby library, this new title then appears in Kodi. When I then go to the New Movies area of Kodi then Captain Philips is not at the top of the list. If I scroll down the list Captain Philips is number 20 down the list out of a total of 31 movies. 

5. If I change the setting in the Emby Server - Metadata - Advanced - Date added behavior for new content back to "Use file creation date". And repeat the process of adding another new movie title in to the Emby Library, then looking at the New Movies area in Kodi that title has gone to the top of the list! So maybe I shouldn't have changed that setting in Emby server. 

So can I have the group movies in to collections setting enabled in Kodi video settings? 

I've not yet added a collection of movies in to the Emby library I will try this next. 

Thanks

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

Regarding the other issue with the parental controls. If I look in the NFO file for the movie "The Purge" I can see: <mpaa>Rated R</mpaa>

And in the NFO file for "Superfast!" I can see: <mpaa>Rated PG-13</mpaa>

cw-kid

It seems the Kodi setting of Grouping Movies in to Sets is affecting if new movies are put to the top of the New Movies list of not. 

I turned back on the setting in Kodi to group movies in to sets, and then I added the Star Wars Trilogy in to the Emby library.

Looking in Kodi in the New Movies area these three titles are not at the top of the list but further down.

Also when looking in the main Movies area of Kodi the three StarWars titles are not grouped as a set but are displayed as three individual titles! 

I then closed Kodi and reopened it, in case the group in sets setting hadn't been set fully. 

However the three titles are still not grouped together in a set. 

554f1fac6c109_MovieSets.png

And the three new titles are not at the top of the New Movies list

554f200db127f_MovieSets2.png

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

I then turned off the Kodi setting group movies in to sets and then added the Beverly Hills Cop collection to the Emby library. Looking in the New Movies area of Kodi again the new titles are not at the top of the new movies list. (I thought they might have been this time).

And in the main Movies area of Kodi the new titles are not grouped in to a set. 

I then had a poke around in the Emby web GUI settings, I clicked Edit next to "My Media" and at the bottom of that page under "Display Settings" is an option to "Group Movies into Collections". So I ticked that option. 

But it doesn't seem to have had any affect the titles in the Emby Web GUI are not grouped together in a "Collection" and they are also not grouped together as a Set in Kodi, if the "Group Movies in to Sets" setting in Kodi is turned On or Off, doesn't seem to make any difference. 

So I am not sure how this is meant to work?

So I have three different issues in this thread.

1. New movie titles not being displayed correctly in the New Movies area of Kodi at the top of the list. This also then affects the New Movies skin widget and the titles it displays. I'd expect the last title added to the Emby library to be the title at the top of the new movies list in Kodi. This is how it currently works with Kodi and MySQL on my Live system. 

2. Parental Control issues with newly added movie titles appearing when they shouldn't. In the Emby web GUI and Android app.

3. Kodi / Emby test system - Movie Sets no longer appear to work at all in Kodi as they use too. On my Kodi / MySQL live system, movies are correctly grouped in to sets in Kodi.

Thanks

Kodi Movie Library area:

554f22fe32a8c_MovieSets3.png

Emby Web GUI

554f233fc538b_MovieSets4.png

Edited by cw-kid

Angelblue05

Can you try something? In your webclient, enable group movies into collections, then in the metadata manager, hit save on one of the movies in the collection to see if it force refresh this information in Kodi (it should show almost instantly if it works). Let us know. 

marcelveldt

@@cw-kid,

I think you should do a new full import after changing the option for the newly added... So first change the setting in Emby to use library add date and after that go into the Emby addon settings, advanced and press local database reset. No worries, it will just reset the local sync database and preform a full rescan.

I'm wondered if this solves both issues at once.

• Like 1

cw-kid

I'm back now, I will try both your suggestions shortly and report back the results.

Many thanks.

cw-kid

Can you try something? In your webclient, enable group movies into collections, then in the metadata manager, hit save on one of the movies in the collection to see if it force refresh this information in Kodi (it should show almost instantly if it works). Let us know. 

I hit save on "Star Wars A New Hope" in the metadata manager, then opened up Kodi, but I can't see any difference. I then ran a manual sync from the Emby add-on but the three Star Wars titles are still not grouped in a set or anything. 

cw-kid

@@cw-kid,

I think you should do a new full import after changing the option for the newly added... So first change the setting in Emby to use library add date and after that go into the Emby addon settings, advanced and press local database reset. No worries, it will just reset the local sync database and preform a full rescan.

I'm wondered if this solves both issues at once.

OK I changed the Emby server setting back to be "Use Date Scanned in to Library" I then ran the local database reset and Kodi closed and then I re-opened it.

Again I can not see anything different from the screen shots above, the movies are still not grouped in to sets. Group movies into sets option is still enabled in Kodi.

And looking at the New Movies area of Kodi its still not putting the last added titles at the top of the list. 

For example I just added the movie called "8MM" to test something else, the Emby import of Kodi's NFO for <playcount> vs <watched> tags -  and 8MM is not at the top of the new movies list but near the bottom. 

If any DEVs want to connect remotely to my system I am happy to give remote access some how. 

Thanks. 

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

I should mention when I reset the local database in Kodi it also asked if I wanted to reset the Emby add-on settings as well. I said NO to this. Was that the right thing to do?

cw-kid

OK this is interesting -

On my Kodi Helix OpenElec HTPC in the Living room, that is still connected to the MySQL database etc. If I change the skin back to Confluence and go to the Movies sub-menu I can see Sets.

554f7085a376b_MovieSets5.png

If I do the same thing on the Windows 7 laptop with Kodi Helix that is connected to Emby, then Sets is not listed on the Movies sub-menu.

554f70d68adad_MovieSets6.png

If I fix my brothers Windows 8 laptop which currently has corruption issues, my plan was to install Kodi Helix on there and connect it to Emby. So he can connect to my media collection from this house remotely. I will see if SETS will be missing on that install as well?

Edited by cw-kid

marcelveldt

Strange... Are the movies grouped in sets on the emby web interface?

I will do some testing with the newly added movies. I think it might be related to your setting of using the library date instead of file date but I'm not sure.

cw-kid

I've tried it both ways file date and date added.

No the movies in the Emby web GUI are not grouped in to sets either. 

554f233fc538b_MovieSets4.png

Edited by cw-kid

cw-kid

I am wondering if the movie sets issue is an issue with the Emby server not reading the Kodi <set> tag in the NFO files? 

http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files/Movies#Movie_sets

I've already discovered today Emby is not reading the <playcount> tag, so I lost all my Watched / Unwatched statuses in the Emby library. 

I have refreshed all the movies in the metadata manager but Emby is still not grouping them in to sets even though that setting is turned on in my Emby profile. 

Edited by cw-kid

xnappo

I don't think the server supports Kodi sets.  These are really server questions - hopefully @@Luke will chime in.  Obviously once you get Emby set up, you don't need NFO files any more - but I understand wanting to make the transition as painless as possible.

cw-kid

Ok thanks

Its the same on a clean install of kodi on the windows 8 pc. no sets in confluence on the movies sub menu. and same issue with new movies list ordering.

But movies collections are supported in emby? can some one please post screen shots of how they should look in emby web gui.

I imagine once i have movie collections working properly in emby, then after a database reset in kodi, the movies collections or sets should then be available in kodi. Thats my guess anyways.

cw-kid

This could be the ticket! There is an Emby Server plug-in called Auto Box sets here, I am going to try it now.

And reading the plug-ins description it sounds like Emby doesn't support sets natively out of the box as it were:

Automatically create collections for your movies. You no longer have to make special folders or maintain your own collections. This plug-in will keep all your movies organized into collections for you based on data from The Movie Db. 

This plug-in relies on the "Belongs to Collection" information provided by TMDb. and requires internet metadata fetching for collections be enabled.

cw-kid

Well that works!

I now have collections in both Emby web GUI and Kodi Media Center ! 

Emby Web GUI

55509369d5b67_MovieSets7.png

KODI

55509383be738_MovieSets8.png

5550939796ead_MovieSets9.png

• Like 1