Is there a guide to xbox one?

jamvids

New guy, but FWIW, I'm on Version 3.0.5597.1 and streaming was working great. In fact, while a guide would be nice, I didn't have to do anything to my server to get it working. Other than downloading the Media and Video apps from the store, there wasn't anything I needed to do to my XB1 either. Here is what I have used and what I think about each option:

1. Using the Web client to play media

I have the web client address pinned and can quickly pop open and play stuff. Video isn't very good, but music streaming is fine. I use this for my music and a few videos that I may have "tweaked" my Handbreak settings on and don't work with the next solution.

2. Web client Play-to

This is my prefered method. The address is pinned, and generally sitting on the last page I was on when I flip back to it. I need to tweak the CSS, but I really like that interface and the Play-to has yet to not include my XB1 as an option. Kinect voice commands work great. No issues, and since this is very likely the same approach I'll take with my home automation project (client using play-to) it is a great way to make sure there aren't any issues. The only minor annoyance is that when you end a video, it goes to the Video homepage.

3. Using Media Player directly

I tried it, mostly to see how it recognized my Emby instance. It worked fine, except some folders didn't have images while others did. I am putting together a list of detailed questions I have about metadata, so saving that one for later. I can see using it if I know exactly what I want and where it is, but otherwise I like browsing the proper interface in the web client.

Any other option I am missing? Anyone snap IE11 and try the Emby webclient?

Glad to hear it, welcome. For, until we have an app I would suggest the Xbox Media Player app. It looks very nice.