Cannot Unlock Emby for AndroidTV

ajplante

ajplante

I bought the in-app unlock for the AndroidTV app the other day and I am still getting messages about my trail expireing. Now when I select the unlock option in the menu it just gives me an error. I was charged for the purchase and got a confirmation email. I would also like to add that it was a real gut shot to have to buy the app again after already purchasing it for Android. 

Edited by ajplante

If you already successfully unlocked it, then I can see why a re-attempt would give an error.  Is it this error you are seeing?

552c352dccba0_DSC_0680.jpg

If so, that part makes some sense to me.

Why it isn't able to know that you have already unlocked it, however, is a bigger problem.  Have you switched users on the device?  I assume you can get out to the net okay?

If so, can you please try re-booting the nexus player and see if it behaves differently?  Thx.

ajplante

No, I went into that screen and purchased it and it said it unlocked. But I was still getting the messages about my trial expireing. So when I click unlock it gives me the screen with the ugly backgorund that says if I am a supporter I need to sign in yada yada. Then I click next and it says "Error with Purchase. Please try again later." I have removed the app and re downloaded it and I even factory reset my Nexus Player and installed again. Still getting the same message. 

What region of the world are you in?

If you PM me the transaction ID, I will attempt to refund it and then we can start over and see if we can make it work.  Also, I'd like to add you to the beta group if that's okay and you can install a beta version that may send me an error message that will help determine the problem if re-doing it doesn't work.

technolengy

I'm having the same trouble -- US nexus player.  I've just been ignoring assuming this was a reported fix... but I guess the user base is a bit small! My "trial" is unfortunately ending tomorrow. will PM you my transaction ID (happy to use the beta version if it's helpful!)

This is just an erroneous message.  When your trial ends, the message should disappear and the app should work fine.  Of course let me know if that is not the case but that should be what happens.

Similar problem here with my firetv stick (Germany)

I've got the confirmation for my in-app purchase from amazon, but emby doesn't seem to recognize it.

I've already reinstalled the app and re-synced my amazon account, but it still remains in trial mode.

• 3 weeks later...
Gregster35

I'm getting the same error on my fire stick (UK) but I haven't managed to purchase the in-app unlock. The only reason I bought the stick was because of the Emby app!! I have tried reinstalling app and de register stick from Amazon account with no joy. Any help would be much appreciated.

I'm getting the same error on my fire stick (UK) but I haven't managed to purchase the in-app unlock. The only reason I bought the stick was because of the Emby app!! I have tried reinstalling app and de register stick from Amazon account with no joy. Any help would be much appreciated.

What is "the same error"?  There are a few different things that have been discussed in this thread - the primary one being a bug that was just an issue with the message and was fixed a week or so ago.

CashMoney

Amazon fire TV stick uk here too, click unlock and get the price, click on that and get error can't complete purchase try again later. Have also tried unregistering device but no luck. New to Amazon and the fire TV stick so any help appreciated.

Really sorry.  I'm not sure what is going wrong here or how to reproduce it.  It seems to be a problem with the actual store.

CashMoney

Amazon fire TV stick uk here too, click unlock and get the price, click on that and get error can't complete purchase try again later. Have also tried unregistering device but no luck. New to Amazon and the fire TV stick so any help appreciated.

Figured it out :)

Stick is for my Mother and Brother in law. Emby server on BIL's Gaming PC and stick on the living room tv, bought by the MIL. MIL "forgot" to tell me that when she ordered the stick, she had to manually change the billing details as she had entered them wrong so the order didn't go through first time. Figured it out after trying to buy Amazon coins to pay for Emby for Fire TV and getting a purchasing error as well. Had to re-enter the credit card details correctly (obviously) and unlock went straight through ... as did the pending purchase of 500 coins but I figure that can be penence for the MIL for not telling me about the order issue to begin with ("I don't know why it won't unlock, you ordered the stick two days ago without issue right?" "Yep, no problems at all .....").

Anyway, very happy MIL, Emby on Fire TV beats putting things in the DVD/on USB hands down. And she finds it easy to navigate too.

• 1 month later...
Alternative311

I'm having the same trouble -- US nexus player.  I've just been ignoring assuming this was a reported fix... but I guess the user base is a bit small! My "trial" is unfortunately ending tomorrow. will PM you my transaction ID (happy to use the beta version if it's helpful!)

This is just an erroneous message.  When your trial ends, the message should disappear and the app should work fine.  Of course let me know if that is not the case but that should be what happens.

Is this still True? I have the same device mentioning 7 days left.

Is this still True? I have the same device mentioning 7 days left.

Not if you are on any sort of recent version of the app.

Did you unlock it with the same user account that is still associated with the device?  Can the device contact Amazon?

• 5 years later...

Hi

Today I also stumbled across the same issue where Emby on my Sony TV after paying 4.99EUR for, wont work.

It just gives me the same "Error completing purchase. Please try later."

I received purchase confirmatiion and the purchase is visible under purchases under my google account.

Ive enabled debuggin on Emby server (installed on Ubuntu Server).

I also reinstalled Emby. Didnt help.

What should I do?

36 minutes ago, buhtla said:

It just gives me the same "Error completing purchase. Please try later."

That message is coming from the store process and usually means that you already own the item.

Try the restore purchase button and then re-starting the app.

• Like 1