Library scan stuck

CBers

CBers

what are in the folders?

Photos. It's always photos causing the problems.

Why would one PC scan completely, but a second doesn't, when the content and the software is the same on both.

CBers

Any update on this please ??

I still can't add my complete Photos collection to Emby as the scan stalls.

CBers

Running now, but stuck on 71.9% currently, but will leave it running until I get home from work.

CBers

Restarted server as it didn't progress and now stuck on 58.4%, which is a familiar position.

Will post log later.

CBers

OK, it did actually finish after 8.6 hours !!

2015-05-01 17:40:05.9108 Info - App: Scan media library Completed after 516 minute(s) and 13 seconds

Just restarted the server to ensure it completes again and see what the run time is.

Great, I thought this issue was closed. Of course we have to figure out why it's taking so long, but at least it's not getting stuck.

CBers

Longer on the latest version.

2015-05-01 22:15:03.6485 Info - App: Scan media library Completed after 27 minute(s) and 46 seconds

CBers

Runtime on server restart:

2015-05-01 23:00:58.5120 Info - App: Scan media library Completed after 4 minute(s) and 51 seconds

skynet600

Mine is getting stuck again at the same point, 30.1%. Current version is 3.0.5599.24523. This is the first dev version for a while that is sticking.

CBers

Library scan is stuck again on 58.4% like it was yesterday.

Server Version 3.0.5599.24523

CBers

I thought it might have been the Trakt plugin as I reinstalled it earlier today, so I removed it, restarted the server and the scan is stuck at 58.4% again.

I'll leave it running overnight to see if anything happens, but it's not completed since the latest dev build was installed this may.

skynet600

My situation is really bizarre. The scan was stuck this morning until I update to 5600.32430 but this only includes a Dlna fix. Odd thing is the install found several hundred new items which is rubbish. Could it be a channel plugin?

CBers

Same here.

Left the scan running overnight, but it was still stuck on 58.4%.

I updated to v3.0.5600.32430 and the scan completed in a couple of minutes.

• Like 1

oldschool

One of the most frustrating things is the library scan. Why the constant need to do a full scan of the entire library? My library changes maybe 1% at most every day. I don't see a need to scan the entire library for 1-2 hours just because a few things were added or metadata was changed. Is there a way to only schedule a full scan once a week, and maybe do a partial scan (any items with a newer modified date than when the last scan started) every day? I think this would cut down on the problems people are experiencing (including me).

I can't do anything when the scan is taking place. The web client, the iPad app, and sometimes MBC cannot function while the scan is performing. I have reduced the scans to ONLY a daily scan at 2:00AM, yet sometimes during the day the scan will kick off on its own. I think it's because I ask MB3 to refresh one item (a new movie) to gather more metadata about a newly added item, and then I have to bear with an entire library scan for 1-2 hours, effectively knocking Emby out of commission during that time. I'm not sure why the full scan happens in the middle of the day because I don't have anything listed under scheduled scans that would cause it to perform the scan outside of my scheduled 2:00AM scan.

CBers

Just leave the scan to run during the night.

The Realtime Monitoring should be enough for new items.

How long does your scan take each time?

If too long >30 minutes, then perhaps post a server log so that it can be checked.

Edited by CBers

oldschool

Yesterday's log file attached. My scan is currently going on in the middle of the day. It's at 20.8%. The only thing I did this morning was refresh the metadata for 5 movies, and now Emby is scanning the entire library. The web client either takes a very long time to load or is unresponsive. The mobile client is the same way.

server-63566208000.zip

oldschool

Just leave the scan to run during the night.

The Realtime Monitoring should be enough for new items.

How long does your scan take each time?

If too long >30 minutes, then perhaps post a server log so that it can be checked.

The night time scans aren't the problem. It's the scans during the day when the system is being used that cause the most problems. For some reason, something is triggering a full scan during the day, even though I don't have any scheduled scans listed outside of my 2AM scan. The realtime monitoring should be sufficient, but for whatever reason, Emby insists on performing a full scan during the daytime every day.

Sometimes scans take a little over an hour, but the other day a scan that happened during daytime hours ran for 2 1/2 hours. I don't cancel them, and I know that sometimes that's the only thing to do to get Emby to respond again and show the entire web client.

CBers

The night time scans aren't the problem. It's the scans during the day when the system is being used that cause the most problems. For some reason, something is triggering a full scan during the day, even though I don't have any scheduled scans listed outside of my 2AM scan. The realtime monitoring should be sufficient, but for whatever reason, Emby insists on performing a full scan during the daytime every day.

Sometimes scans take a little over an hour, but the other day a scan that happened during daytime hours ran for 2 1/2 hours. I don't cancel them, and I know that sometimes that's the only thing to do to get Emby to respond again and show the entire web client.

Oh right I see what you mean.

Hopefully Luke and/or @@ebr may have more of an insight.

The first thing they'll ask you to do though, is post some server logs ;)

wiretap

I was having issues with my library scan getting stuck, and also Emby Server was crashing due to "Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown." I spaced out my library scans, organize new media, and metadata collection further apart, and it has been running for over a week now without a problem. My collection is pretty large, with over 1500 movies an 80 complete TV series.

oldschool

Second scan occurring right now. Web client front page just shows the top bar and that's it. I can go into the settings page and see that it is currently at 40%.