Library scan stuck

CBers

FrostByte

Well something happened because now my last 3 manual scans have been around 11+ minutes.  Down from 35 and then 20 minutes per scan the last couple of weeks.  It is still stalling around 22.4% every time for me, but not forever like before.  Noticed the cpu % highest when it stalls, but it's only around 55% at its peak now where as before it was 95+%.

http://pastebin.com/rRt8t2pj

Version 3.0.5582.2

crashkelly

Mine has been stuck at 70.1% for a couple of hours. Gets up to that fairly quickly and then just stops

Log: http://pastebin.com/pKUZtGi2

Version 3.0.5582.2

Thanks

CrashKelly

Update: Removed Photos library and scanned though without issue

Log: http://pastebin.com/7aupvrAt

Update2: Photos added back and stalled at 39.5%

Log: http://pastebin.com/bSKuBadt

Edited by crashkelly

CBers

Please try the dev build going up now and let me know if it makes a difference, thanks.

Tried latest dev on my test setup and the scan still hangs.

2015-04-16 20:50:52.1447 Debug - App: Scan media library: Waiting on Task
2015-04-16 20:50:54.1478 Debug - App: Scan media library: Timed out waiting for task to stop
2015-04-16 20:50:54.1478 Debug - App: Scan media library: Disposing CancellationToken
2015-04-16 20:50:54.1478 Info - App: Scan media library Aborted after 37 minute(s) and 2 seconds
Log: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9FtGLztFm-gdUx1eV81ZzBSMFk/edit?usp=docslist_api

Edited by CBers

actually first, make sure it has actually hung. because slow scanning is not the same thing.

crashkelly

Mine has been at 39.5% since I updated my last post a couple of hours ago.

Thanks

CrashKelly 

@@Luke

Was able to complete a full scan running the dev build Version 3.0.5584.27355

Thanks

CrashKelly

Edited by crashkelly

sydlexius

I can confirm that build 3.0.5584.27355 correctly handles my photo library once more.

CBers

actually first, make sure it has actually hung. because slow scanning is not the same thing.

Latest dev server on my dev machine and the scan has been stuck on 61.9% for last 3.5 hours.

It only has my Photos in, nothing else.

reluctantflux

I was having this issue as well and was coming to report that it corresponded with my photos as well.  I upgraded to 3.0.5584.34433 and re-added my photo folder.  It appears to be scanning now, just very, very slow (as expected for the initial scan of tons of new content?).

Folder structure:

Photos/Year/Month/Day/(Video and photo.ext)

ETA: I'm running Emby in a Docker Container on Unraid 6beta14b.

Maybe spoke too soon. Looks like it is stuck at 68.7%. Hasn't changed in 30 minutes.

Edited by reluctantflux
  • Like 1

oldschool

I was having a lot of problems with incredibly long scans. I updated this morning to Version 3.0.5582.4 and my scan finished in a little over an hour, which is MUCH faster than I previously have seen and is about on par with the scans I was having before the recent updates to 3.0.5582.

CBers

Latest dev server on my dev machine and the scan has been stuck on 61.9% for last 3.5 hours.

It only has my Photos in, nothing else.

The scan on my dev system, running latest dev server, finally finished after 5 hours:

2015-04-17 08:21:58.4794 Info - App: Executing Scan media library
2015-04-17 08:21:58.4434 Info - App: StartupTrigger fired for task: Scan media library
2015-04-17 13:32:52.7044 Info - App: Scan media library Completed after 310 minute(s) and 54 seconds

Happy2Play

The scan on my dev system, running latest dev server, finally finished after 5 hours:

2015-04-17 08:21:58.4794 Info - App: Executing Scan media library
2015-04-17 08:21:58.4434 Info - App: StartupTrigger fired for task: Scan media library
2015-04-17 13:32:52.7044 Info - App: Scan media library Completed after 310 minute(s) and 54 seconds

Since you have an initial scan done does subsequent scans go faster?

iam4uk

Emby Server version 3.0.5582.4

Scan will not complete.

No Photos library.

Scans completed through builds up to 3.0.5582.2, as of yesterday.

Also, new titles added onto server will not be recognized nor displayed.

CBers

Since you have an initial scan done does subsequent scans go faster?

It's quicker than 310 minutes :)

2015-04-17 20:40:19.8693 Info - App: Scan media library Completed after 8 minute(s) and 47 seconds

2015-04-17 21:24:47.2139 Info - App: Scan media library Completed after 7 minute(s) and 40 seconds

Edited by CBers
  • Like 1

CBers

Updated my main Emby server to the latest dev version, it has been running on beta for a few weeks, but the scan is "hung" at 58.4% after running for >10 hours.

Just received another update, so will report back in due course.

This is my main server that has all my TV and Movies in, plus my Photos (exactly same as development PC which scanned OK yesterday).

CBers

Updated my main Emby server to the latest dev version, it has been running on beta for a few weeks, but the scan is "hung" at 58.4% after running for >10 hours.

Just received another update, so will report back in due course.

This is my main server that has all my TV and Movies in, plus my Photos (exactly same as development PC which scanned OK yesterday).

Gave up waiting for it to to complete, so shut it down and re-installed BETA without my Photos.

On shutdown, the dev server (3.0.5585.39613) cancelled the library scan after 378 minutes.

2015-04-18 13:52:12.6854 Info - App: Scan media library Aborted after 378 minute(s) and 14 seconds

So, make to square one again (this is getting ridiculous) !!

Log here.

Edited by CBers

reluctantflux

Just wanted to note, I updated to Version 3.0.5586.30793, and re-added my Photo library (that has videos inside it).  Scan completed successfully.

ETA: Sweet! I've always had issues with thumbnail generation on my Photos, along with loading issues.  Videos never worked for me when they're in the Photo archive.  All these problems are gone for me now!  Thumbnails are all being generated, I'm able to access every photo I've tried, and I'm even able to play videos from my Photo library now.   Fantastic work!

Edited by reluctantflux

CBers

Still can't get a completed library scan on latest dev server.

I have probably 90% of my Photos in Emby, but it just stalls on the last 10%.

v3.0.5587.39708

CBers

OK, working outside the box.

My dev Emby server scans and completes OK, whereas my prod Emby server doesn't.

Both have the same level of Emby server and the same content.

So, I backed up my dev server using the backup plugin and then restored it to my prod server using the same plugin.

The scan ran but still didn't complete.

The only way my prod server scan completes, is to remove 2 year folders.

Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks.