Photo

Folder sync / iso disc

sync iso

Best Answer Luke , 09 April 2015 - 11:54 AM

Hi

I justed wanted to ask if it is possible to convert and sync iso/dvd disc with the folder sync plugins? I'm not seing any sync options for iso/dvd based medias

we haven't done this mainly because of degree of difficulty. the tools we rely on don't support iso's and folder rips. once we expose the feature people are going to expect it to work. so that's why it's not currently available.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hhb97b OFFLINE  

hhb97b

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • Local time: 07:33 AM

Posted 09 April 2015 - 10:32 AM

Hi

I justed wanted to ask if it is possible to convert and sync iso/dvd disc with the folder sync plugins? I'm not seing any sync options for iso/dvd based medias

#2 Koleckai Silvestri OFFLINE  

Koleckai Silvestri

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 3735 posts
  • Local time: 10:33 PM

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:32 AM

There would be so many grey rules and legal issues with this sort of functionality. Technically it is still illegal to decode ISO and DVD Disc in many jurisdictions. It is one thing for the developers to format shift content that has already been decoded. They can't tell if that is the latest blockbuster or a home movie. It is quite another to decode the content for that first format shift. At least as far as culpability goes.

Playback falls under a completely different set of rules.

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri, 09 April 2015 - 11:34 AM.

#3 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 156950 posts
  • Local time: 02:33 AM

Posted 09 April 2015 - 11:54 AM   Best Answer

Hi

we haven't done this mainly because of degree of difficulty. the tools we rely on don't support iso's and folder rips. once we expose the feature people are going to expect it to work. so that's why it's not currently available.

• hhb97b likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sync, iso

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users