Photo

Does the name change to Emby change where the server is installed?

emby appdata install location roaming mediabrowser-server folder directory installation emby-server

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 kevinmd88 OFFLINE  

kevinmd88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Local time: 03:37 PM

Posted 03 April 2015 - 06:42 PM

Just wanted to know, since Media Browser 3 server has changed its name to Emby, if the install location is still:

%appdata% \ MediaBrowser-Server

Or if the path has changed to reflect the new name (e.g. Emby-Server or something)?

Thank you in advance. :)

#2 kevinmd88 OFFLINE  

kevinmd88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 06:57 PM

Realized after my posting here that I could just try it on any other computer and see where it goes.

For the record, it's still MediaBrowser-server

Thank you!

Long Live Emby

#3 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 51945 posts
  • Local time: 04:37 PM

Posted 03 April 2015 - 07:39 PM

Not yet.  That is going to be one of the trickiest parts of the name change.

• yardameus likes this

#4 ginjaninja OFFLINE  

ginjaninja

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1850 posts
  • Local time: 09:37 PM
  • Locationuk

Posted 04 April 2015 - 07:16 AM

@ebr

perhaps, if there is going to be some upheavel anyway, its an opportunity to get the windows installation in a 'proper' program location and out of user data....?

#5 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 51945 posts
  • Local time: 04:37 PM

Posted 04 April 2015 - 11:38 AM

@ebr

perhaps, if there is going to be some upheavel anyway, its an opportunity to get the windows installation in a 'proper' program location and out of user data....?

We've been over this 100 times.  Moving anywhere else causes problems for automatic updates.  Not for everyone - but for enough people that it is a real problem.

However, we hope to make the install portable so that, if someone just has to move it (at their own risk) then they can.

#6 ginjaninja OFFLINE  

ginjaninja

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1850 posts
  • Local time: 09:37 PM
  • Locationuk

Posted 05 April 2015 - 06:56 AM

Ive coming in at tail end on conversation but why are automatic updates so important?..isnt..'there is an update available' with url to changelog..better anyways? . It seems odd that emby cant conform to the standard when other programs seem to manage ok. And if auto update is crucial I would have thought a helper service running with elevated privaledges targetted at embys services/processes/embys bespoke ntfs configured filesystem location/ could do what it needed.

not a programmer but i do know enough about windows archeture to investigate a solution..do u have the url to the topic which describes the impass..ill take a look if its of interest?

#7 kevinmd88 OFFLINE  

kevinmd88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 01:52 PM

[EDIT]
I just realized I posted this on the wrong (but similar) thread. Removing it here, and putting it in its rightful place
[/EDIT]

Edited by kevinmd88, 30 October 2015 - 03:11 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: emby, appdata, install location, roaming, mediabrowser-server, folder, directory, installation, emby-server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users