Cover Art

Alceste

thefirstofthe300

Have you tried simply refreshing the entire library? You said that one folder that you refreshed actually had the correct treatments getting applied.

Alceste

This folder only got the correct treatment because before I forced MB to save mdeia files in the same folder as the respecitve media file resides in. But I want the files to remain in the appdata folder!

Alceste

Update: Tonight I got so mad that I installed the server software on my main PC pulled two movies from my server and installed the cover art plugin to see if the problem reproduced. Guess what it did! Now I did not enter my Supporter's key because but I should still be in the trial period, right!? So that should not be the cause.

Alceste

Update2: I found the cause of the problem - I had to untick the option "Ignore images sourced from IBN. I'm still unsure what this actually menas but now Cover art is working correctly. Thanks for you support everyone!

• Like 1

that is strange but i am glad it's working for you. I'm sure Ebr can explain or may ask more questions to improve that.

Oh, crap - this is because you combined the IBN and metadata folders...

There is no way for that option to work anymore.

I think at this point it is best to just eliminate the option in CA because it is convoluted and has too many exceptions now and custom creating artwork for items is probably fairly rare.  However, I'm sure there will be some folks that will have a problem with this.

The original point of this option was the fact that the IBN was a custom location entirely so, if someone put an image there, it was likely in the form they wanted to see it and don't want an image processor messing with it.

However, with it now just being a part of the overall metadata area, that isn't a valid assumption anymore.

Alceste

Dear ebr,

I don't understand a word. However, primarily I would like to know whether it is my setup that is screwed up or whether your plugin works in slightly different ways than you expected!?

Maybe you could start by explaining to me what IBN (folders!?) are...

There is nothing wrong with your setup.  A recent change to how the server manages its data has created a problem for CoverArt in certain situations - those situations being a brand new install and the option you discovered being selected.  Thank you for your patience on this issue.

ImagesByName Folder