Windows 8.1 Can't Get Live TV working

RCCola

RCCola

I am trying to get live tv working and am running into trouble:

The channel guide loads fine (see channel guide.jpg below)

When I click on play to play a live tv stream absolutely nothing happens. (see Play.jpg below)

I would appreciate any help you can give me.  Getting frustrated spent way to much time on this.  I like mediabrowser a lot just need to get it working properly. Previously used Mediabrowser theater and classic on a Windows 8 machine. Trying to down size to a lower power consumption box and a firetv box.  Serverwmc is a new for me previously used Media Center when I wanted to watch tv.

Setup:

ZBOX-BI320-B/E/U/J/TW-W2 Intel Celeron 2957U (dual-core, 1.4 GHz)

WD My Book 4 TB external hard drive

MediaBrowser server Version 3.0.5518.7

ServerWMC Server version 1.0.0.52, build: 1175

Clients:

1) local MediaBrowser Theater

2) Firetv KODI Helix (future client will try to get this working after I can play live tv locally in the browser)

3) MediaBrowser Browser Player

serverwmc current log http://paste2.org/D2Fm5p3p

Additional Information:

1) Tuners work fine in Windows Media Center

2) Media Library seems to work okay (See library structure.jpg used below)

3) Shared folders as shown below  (Recorded TV permissions.jpg)

4) ServerWMC structure should be okay (see serverwmc structure folders.jpg below)

post-1518-0-05180200-1425262419_thumb.jpg

post-1518-0-79977700-1425262766_thumb.jpg

post-1518-0-41297100-1425262775_thumb.jpg

post-1518-0-76604600-1425263131_thumb.jpg

post-1518-0-40907500-1425263165_thumb.jpg

there's a known issue with the current server release that affects brand new installations. it will be fixed in the next release. in the meantime, it's only a problem in the web interface and not the windows 8.1 app, windows phone, android, or roku.

• Like 1

RCCola

I installed KODI and added the serverwmc addon and also the mediabrowser add on.  It still does not work through the Firetv either.  Any additional ideas?

theniteow1

Just came across this thread, been banging my head on this the last couple of days.  Does this affect all Live TV?  I've redone my whole setup and I still can't get Live TV working.  Looking at the logs, it's just not getting any response, however ServerWMC seems to be connecting and working great.

The known bug is only for the web interface. If the play button is not working in other apps that is probably a different issue to debug.

theniteow1

The known bug is only for the web interface. If the play button is not working in other apps that is probably a different issue to debug.

No, this is from the web interface.  I'm not using it currently in other implementations.  Thanks so much for the clarification.  Any ETA when this maybe fixed?

No, this is from the web interface.  I'm not using it currently in other implementations.  Thanks so much for the clarification.  Any ETA when this maybe fixed?

As Luke said, it will be fixed in the next release... someone else would have to answer when that will be.

As a hacky solution for now... if there is something you want to watch, you can click record. Go to the "Recordings" section and under active recordings open the show, and then click play. When you are done you can go cancel the recording if it isn't done, and delete what was recorded. That will at least allow you to watch things until the next version is released.

• Like 1

theniteow1

As Luke said, it will be fixed in the next release... someone else would have to answer when that will be.

As a hacky solution for now... if there is something you want to watch, you can click record. Go to the "Recordings" section and under active recordings open the show, and then click play. When you are done you can go cancel the recording if it isn't done, and delete what was recorded. That will at least allow you to watch things until the next version is released.

Excellent, that's good to know.

theniteow1

I can confirm this issue has been fixed in the Dev version 3.0.5540.3710.  You can upgrade to it by going to MediaBrowser Dashboard, going to Advanced, and choosing Dev (Unstable),  Go back to Server, and it should say that a new version is available to download.

I can confirm this issue has been fixed in the Dev version 3.0.5540.3710.  You can upgrade to it by going to MediaBrowser Dashboard, going to Advanced, and choosing Dev (Unstable),  Go back to Server, and it should say that a new version is available to download.

Anyone doing that just remember to switch back to official release once the next version comes out if stability is important :)

• Like 1