Xbox One News...

godbodian

godbodian

Yesssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!

http://www.engadget.com/2015/02/18/microsoft-xbox-one-app-development-sdk-preview-rumor/

http://www.theverge.com/2015/2/17/8050743/microsoft-xbox-one-apps-sdk-plans

Anyone???  (http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/1628-xbox-app-plans/?p=87328)

Oh and can you add an entry into the Xbox One cable guide whilst working on the Universal app please and thank you?

Kinda like this...

54e49e25a69d4_EPG_FINAL_UI_Bob1369165254

LOL :D

Edited by godbodian
  • Like 1

godbodian

Yeah I know, the hackumunity always gets it out as fast as humanly possible. Me posting the ads was more so to keep the conversation going outside of the devs and such, plus it's exciting for everyone to know that something big is coming especially if you're a die hard MediaBrowser fan (like myself).

I mean I have a total of 5 Xboxes (use them like cable boxes for MB and a lack of MB compatibility with Xbox One was literally the only thing holding me up from buying one. That and no Tom Clancy but mainly the no MB sealed it.

• Like 2

I bought my Xbox Sole purpose of playing GTA Five next gen. Man I love that game! Although R* has to release something g new soon, it is getting a little stale.

But then I startedup media browser in my Xbox one through DLNA, the picture quality was sooooooo much better then my htpc was producing.

I just can't wait to see media browser in that style of HD that my Xbox one is producing. It is going to be amazing!!

Edited by chef
  • Like 2

fantaxp7

it's interesting chef on the picture quality difference. I wonder if WMC's internal player is to blame.

Either way a fully functional MB install on xbox one would be nice. Maybe MBT running on it...one can dream :)

techywarrior

it's not a dream it's going to happen

I hope you are sure because you are going to make a lot of people happy with that statement... and a lot of people mad if it doesn't come to be :)

Also, you probably just started the clock on "when can I beta test", or "when will it be released" comments :)

ElNevera

I'm so excited about a MB Xbone app.

I 'convinced' the wife that an xbox was the answer to her minimalist requirements for the AV equipment. I got one and got rid of the htpc and sky+ box. We have been mostly impressed but MB via the version of IE on the Xbone is annoying. She has been very patient so far.

DNLA has not worked very well for me.

The key will be the live TV support, I'm running NextPVR on the same box as MB Server but I've given up with trying to use live TV via IE and have temp plugged in my raspberry pi running OSMC which seems to handle TV better.

I am a .net developer at work (albeit not that confident) but ill help anyway I can  :)

Keep up the excellent work!

Cheers

Simon

it's not a dream it's going to happen

@@Luke

That will be huge for you guys! Huge for all of us!

I made a couple statements over on the Xbox User Fourms regarding Xbox one and media browser.

I requested: "changes to their media player app, untill we were able to break the monopoly of 'Plex' and 'Xbox Video' on Xbox One, and media browser was allowed to submit thier app".

The changes I requested where picked up by their fourm admin/developer, and he responded to me (which was nice of him).

Perhaps they use my ideas for their media player ('wrapped lists'...blah...blah), maybe not... either way,  it was another person bringing  media browser to their attention... again ;)

• Like 2

godbodian

*pushes through to the front*

Ahem... LOL.  As this is MY post, I officially (yes I know unofficially but in the most official, unofficial way possible) submit myself to the list of those willing and nay demanding to be an Alpha and Beta tester of the Xbox One app. LOL.

(@@Luke don't hate me, I HAD to. LOL)

*sticks tongue out at @@chef while simultaneously flying the "bird"... "HA HA, I'm first to "beta" comment the Devs!!!!" LOL.

Edited by godbodian
  • Like 2

You know what I miss most of all about having switch to Xbox one dnla? Marking my media as unseen and seen!

I have to apply thought to what I have seen and what I haven't when reading through the latest collection! Lol!

Indeed! @@godbodian I hope that in the next short while we are able to see some sort of beta. It will all depend on when MS decides the sdk is official... I would imagine :)

Edited by chef

• 1 month later...

I'd say this is good news for Emby - the XB1 is a good media box (despite being a second rate gaming console), but that's still an awful lot of money to pay to be able to stream media - there are plenty of smaller, cheaper devices out there that can probably do the same job as good as or better (think Fire TV, Nexus Player and the hundreds of other Android based mini-streamers). Personally, no way I'd buy an XB1 just as a media streaming device. You even have to buy a (single) tuner as an option to get Live TV, although I guess any future Emby XB1 app would have the Live TV option from Emby server.

trooper11

I agree that buying an X1 just for media is a bit overboard, but since its a good gaming console as well, it offers great value to gamers that also enjoy other media.

I mean it goes a long way to make it easy for people that maybe have no experience with setting up media devices like we do get into the scene.  It builds on the success of devices like the Roku and then adds some unique features/experiences.

z0mbi

...but that's still an awful lot of money to pay to be able to stream media

Actually, it's 100% free since I already have an Xbone.

jhoff80

I would guess the biggest holdup is that Microsoft hasn't fully communicated their plans publicly.  I suspect we'll hear a ton more about Windows 10 and Xbox development at BUILD next month, and after that the path for getting an app out should be made far more clear.

Edited by jhoff80

jhoff80

They released a preview SDK.  But for example, without a preview of Windows 10 on the Xbox, you've got nothing to deploy against.  Plus, I'm not sure if the Xbox extensions are included in the preview SDK yet either.