64 replies to this topic

#61 abescalamis OFFLINE  

abescalamis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Local time: 03:06 PM

Posted 03 May 2018 - 04:18 PM

Synology emby Server version 3.4, tested on Android TV, Android and by web browser

#62 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 124234 posts
  • Local time: 06:06 PM

Posted 03 May 2018 - 04:25 PM

Because when i enable the Folders option, and then i click on my music library, I see folders. I no longer see the music tabs up at the top with Albums, Artists, etc.

#63 abescalamis OFFLINE  

abescalamis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 199 posts
  • Local time: 03:06 PM

Posted 03 May 2018 - 05:25 PM

For me it does show the tabs when I view the music library, but it doesn't in folder view.

The only way for me to see a library with folder view is to set the content to "mix", but this trick only works with movies not music.

But honestly I don't care about the folder view, I don't use or need it, I was just reporting it.

The only thing that I would use is a folder view for music, but I know that it was taken away from the music tab because it was not working.

Thanks

Edited by abescalamis, 05 May 2018 - 01:15 PM.

#64 AhrounRedTalon OFFLINE  

AhrounRedTalon

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 04:06 PM

Posted 24 December 2018 - 05:06 AM

There's no tab inside the music section. What you would do is enable the server option to display the folder view. Why do you feel that doesn't work?

Where do you enable this using a browser like Chrome on a laptop? I cannot figure this folder view out. I am very tech savvy and a recent convert from PLEX. I've been able to figure out most everything else using Chrome to manage Emby. The ROKU app doesn't give me any options for folder view.

Perhaps @Luke could provide a screenshot or two showing the UI navigation for Folder View using Chrome if it's available. I'd take any screenshot using any app from @Luke at this point.

I am using Emby in a container on unRaid 6.x. The server is headless so I HAVE to use a browser. I alternate between Chrome and Opera.

I really would like Folder view on the six Roku devices on my network.

Edited by AhrounRedTalon, 24 December 2018 - 05:16 AM.

#65 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 124234 posts
  • Local time: 06:06 PM

Posted 24 December 2018 - 11:55 AM

Hi, the upcoming 3.6 will have improved support for folder views. Please try that once available. Thanks.
  • AhrounRedTalon likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: folders, libraries, library

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users