DVBLink-TVMosaic Live TV Plugin

t.andre

emveepee

Are you using 4.7 beta?  There are major changes in all the TV addons and plugins don't work the same.

Martin

16 minutes ago, CryoGenID said:

Hello Martin,

thanks for your answer! We are using 4.6.7.0 ....

Did you configure the plugin settings after installing?

• 4 weeks later...
Super957

I uninstall but remain in homepage folder DVBLink Recordings

How delete ?

Thank

Hispa

Senza titolo.png

Is it Empty?

Have you tried removing it from the library?

• 2 weeks later...
sirmadman

I'm using v4.7.0.60 and I think I had TVMosaic plugin before the change of Live TV plugins.

I'm actually running DVBLink server but I can't configure the new TV Mosaic plugin.

I get an error that I can't reach the server.

Web port is changed to 8100 and streaming port 8101 exactly as it is configured in DVBLink server.

Checking the result from the web request when saving settings, I get "Object reference not set to an instance of an object.".

I have no login setup for viewing.

The current plugin for DVBLink seem to install, but isn't available after restart. I'm guessing it doesn't work anymore?

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, sirmadman said:

I'm using v4.7.0.60 and I think I had TVMosaic plugin before the change of Live TV plugins.

I'm actually running DVBLink server but I can't configure the new TV Mosaic plugin.

I get an error that I can't reach the server.

Web port is changed to 8100 and streaming port 8101 exactly as it is configured in DVBLink server.

Checking the result from the web request when saving settings, I get "Object reference not set to an instance of an object.".

I have no login setup for viewing.

The current plugin for DVBLink seem to install, but isn't available after restart. I'm guessing it doesn't work anymore?

HI, I haven't converted the DvbLink plugin to the new system yet. I can go ahead and do that but I guess I was waiting to see if there'd be user interest first considering the DvbLink software has been defunct for quite some time now. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but dvblink became tvmosaic, and then later tvmosasic became defunct but is now open source? So it seems like DvbLink kind of going really far back at this point, right?

sirmadman

Yes, DVBLink is old, but I never came around to upgrade to TVMosaic before they shut down.

But I am almost certain I used the TVMosaic plugin before the change?

I just needed to adjust the ports.

I think the API for both products is similar. But I'm not 100% sure...

Anyway I had a working connection between Emby and DVBLink before, but now I have nothing, so I would be very happy to get it working again.

@sirmadman just curious but what has kept you using it this long?
Do you have some special tuner that only works with it?

What tuners are you currently using?

emveepee

I think @cayars point is well taken. Regardless of the backend you use,  it becomes largely unmanageable to use the backend's clients so you can pretty much choose any backend that supports your tuner and focus on using Emby clients.

Martin

sirmadman

@cayars I'm using Digital Devices DuoFlex S2.

I didn't see any benefits with changing to TV Mosaic and everything had been running without any serious issues.

@emveepee I'm not sure what you mean I can use as backend?

I need to have this kind of backend which allows plugins...

emveepee

I am saying since you can't easily use any of the TV backends that Emby supports independently anymore,  there is no advantage to staying with DVBLink or TV Mosaic expect perhaps for CAM/CI support for certain tuners on Windows.

Martin

2 hours ago, sirmadman said:

@cayars I'm using Digital Devices DuoFlex S2.

That's a sat tuner correct?

On 5/19/2022 at 2:38 PM, SirBomble said:

Gotcha, any idea when we'll see the Hauppauge on all OSes? I'm currently hosting on a linux box.

4.7 gives us a better framework for adding new tuner types like this.

On 5/19/2022 at 3:27 PM, adrianwi said:

Just the update to .NET (for those platforms still running mono) would have been worth the wait.  Great work!

Yep, most people have no idea how big a deal that is.

On 5/19/2022 at 6:02 PM, edvinmorales@hotmail.com said:

Not sure if its the new server release but i have to restart emby server every time i am away from home remotely, is becoming very inconvenient, anybody else having this issue?

If that's been happening more than a day it's likely nothing to do with this release.  Have you looked at the log files at all?

• Thanks 1

i'm also running tvmosaic as tvtuner and yes because it supports cam decrypting on my 4 digital devices tuners. 

I lost the plugin (not sure if it was tvmosaic or dvblink) 

I tried installing again but it is not showing up  but now I understand why.

Would like to have it working again if possible?

• Agree 1

Not trying to discourage you at all, but asking.  Is there any other mainstream PVR still being actively developed that works with your card?

sirmadman

@cayars I don't know if there is any other available software that supports plugins. And I'm not sure if I want to keep spending money on new software for linear TV...

When it comes to a halt,  as it isn't an active product any longer,  I will probably switch to IPTV or just keep to streaming services.

But for now it still seems possible to get it fixed?

Slini

Hi all,

I am also facing some issues since i updated Emby Server 4.7.0.60. I used DVB-Link Plugin, but since i updated to the new Emby Version The Live TV Media Folder disappeard.
I tried to install the DVB-Link Plugin several times in Emby, but it does not show up in "My Plugins". 
I use now the TV Mosaic Plugin and the Live TV Media Folders shows up, the Programm guide is synchronising well, the only issue i have now, i can't plan any recordings anymore in Emby.

If i plan to record something it shows up in emby, but it does not record and it does not show up the planned recording in TVMosaic App.

Otherwise i can plane recording in TV Mosaic and it record the programm, but it does not show up in Emby in Live TV - Series.

It looks like the sync between TV Mosaic and Emby does not work for recordings.

Any Idea?

11 hours ago, Slini said:

Hi all,

I am also facing some issues since i updated Emby Server 4.7.0.60. I used DVB-Link Plugin, but since i updated to the new Emby Version The Live TV Media Folder disappeard.
I tried to install the DVB-Link Plugin several times in Emby, but it does not show up in "My Plugins". 
I use now the TV Mosaic Plugin and the Live TV Media Folders shows up, the Programm guide is synchronising well, the only issue i have now, i can't plan any recordings anymore in Emby.

If i plan to record something it shows up in emby, but it does not record and it does not show up the planned recording in TVMosaic App.

Otherwise i can plane recording in TV Mosaic and it record the programm, but it does not show up in Emby in Live TV - Series.

It looks like the sync between TV Mosaic and Emby does not work for recordings.

Any Idea?

@Slini The planned recording will not show up in TVMosaic, but it will show up in Emby, and Emby will handle the recording, not TVMosaic. Does this answer your question?

Slini

@Luke I am also using KODi, if I plan a recording in KODI, it synchronize and shows up in TVMosaic and also if I plan it on TVMosaic it shows up in KODI.

But Emby does not synchronize at all, not with TVMosaic nor with KODI. For me it looks like more that TVMosaic and KODI handles the recording. 

With DVBLink plugin it worked perfectly, that's why I am a bit confused now. Is it planed to make the DVBLink plugin work again. If yes i will just wait until i can install the DVBLink Plugin again and uninstall the TVMosaic then.

Thank you

emveepee

The release announcement about the change was terrible but Emby is now focusing on an Emby only infrastructure.  You can still use Kodi and native clients for playback and recordings but they will be in isolation.   My suggestion for people who really, really want to use Kodi is not to use Emby for recording or scheduling and import recordings via the library.  Live TV should still be find with the new approach with the odd hiccup when you are recordings.

Martin

They don't need to be isolated.  It's all in how you set things up.

If you setup Emby so the recording library points to it's own location and to the location the other PVR records to it won't matter who records it.
In Kodi install and use Emby for Kodi and everything is synced to Emby as well.

emveepee

I don't know anything about scheduling recordings or the EPG in "Kodi for Emby" I am talking about when you leave the Emby infrastructure.   The "real" Kodi PVR interface and Emby PVR are 100% isolated.  You need to choose which backend does the recording, scheduling and deleting, and then in the other application you choose not to use for PVR you need to map and scan library drives.  The only common point is the final recording which now needs to be scrapped for metadata and added an additional time.

Martin

Edited by emveepee
  • Agree 1

pünktchen
10 minutes ago, emveepee said:

I don't know anything about scheduling recordings ... in "Kodi for Emby"

There isn't any and that is the real problem!

• Like 1

Kodi even with EmbyCon or Kodi for Emby won't show or allow setting up recordings directly in Emby, but can use the Recording Library.

It's not ideal, but as you said if Kodi is setup to use the other program to record vs Emby but you have Emby's Recording library pointed at both locations all Emby clients will be able to play back the recordings but on Kodi you won't see Emby's recording schedule.

25 minutes ago, pünktchen said:

There isn't any and that is the real problem!

Agree!  Having that ability would make for a more unified experience!