Nexus Player

ddiehl

Yes, Live TV support in the app is definitely 1.0.  Just very basic functionality and no guide/grid.  It will show you what is on now and, if you mark favorite channels, it will show you just those in a separate row.

• Like 1

Everyone - please be sure you are on the latest stable server version (5572) for this app.

siu99ss2

@@ebr Had to post a reply to just say WOW and .... Thank you, thank you, thank you for supporting true nested folder navigation in folders view!!!

I installed app on nexus player this morning and cannot get over how simple and fluid the design/layout is.

Was thinking of switching over to kodi addon for firetv but now just looking forward to seeing what you have planned for it.

Thanks again :)

• Like 1

MSattler

@@ebr Had to post a reply to just say WOW and .... Thank you, thank you, thank you for supporting true nested folder navigation in folders view!!!

I installed app on nexus player this morning and cannot get over how simple and fluid the design/layout is.

Was thinking of switching over to kodi addon for firetv but now just looking forward to seeing what you have planned for it.

Thanks again :)

FWIW, the Sync Kodi Addon works really well also.  It all really depends on what you want from the client.  By far the Android TV app flows VERY well, and the recommendation system is awesome.  That being said, the Android video player is still lacking, and that results in a lot of content still being trans-coded, although in many cases only for the audio.  The Kodi plugin obviously flows much differently, requires you to sort by tags and is in it's infancy.  Kodi however has it's own player, and as such can direct play everything as long as you have the bandwidth, but it also currently only works in LAN configurations.

So, at this point it still requires various devices to fill specific needs.  As Android/Android TV players mature, this will become an ever better product.

siu99ss2

@@MSattler - i spent the weekend configuring Kodi with Emby addon and was hooked immediately after seeing the arctic zephyr skin. I can see it being a very popular choice as the addon matures. The smart playlists are simply fantastic and allow me to setup my library in more ways than I ever thought possibe. Currently (test) running it as my main htpcs (on pc and AFTV) thanks to its direct play.

But I currently stream to a couple of remote locations and that's where I'm hoping the android tv app will fit. The included granular control over bitrate transcoding for me is a must due to my (pathetic) upload bandwidth. Very much looking forward to new features ebr includes.

Either way I think Emby users are going to be spoilt for choice over the coming months :)

• Like 2

MSattler

@@MSattler - i spent the weekend configuring Kodi with Emby addon and was hooked immediately after seeing the arctic zephyr skin. I can see it being a very popular choice as the addon matures. The smart playlists are simply fantastic and allow me to setup my library in more ways than I ever thought possibe. Currently (test) running it as my main htpcs (on pc and AFTV) thanks to its direct play.

But I currently stream to a couple of remote locations and that's where I'm hoping the android tv app will fit. The included granular control over bitrate transcoding for me is a must due to my (pathetic) upload bandwidth. Very much looking forward to new features ebr includes.

Either way I think Emby users are going to be spoilt for choice over the coming months :)

This potentially will get even better with the Linux/Windows Intel HDMI sticks coming out.  Essentially, we just will need to figure out which client we like best =)  Agreed, it's getting very exciting!

• 1 year later...
Hi @@ddiehl

The latest beta version of the Emby app offers improved playback, refresh rate switching, and all the HD Audio pass-through you need. Check out the beta thread for more details:

We think you'll enjoy the next update to the stable channel. Thanks !

• Like 1