Nexus Player

ddiehl

dark_slayer

As to what it can and can't play, sorry to spread any confusion. For ebr's app we'll just have to wait and see

I agree the screenshots of it look nice

I hope we will be able to do cinema like features, like trivia generated slide shows, trailers, intro videos, and so on... I know EBR has something similar, hope it can work with the Nexus Player, I would like to see a bit more features like what you can find on XBMC/Kodi called Cinema Experience, it looks to have been abandoned so it doesnt work with the newer versions nor does it appear to work with the Nexus Player. 

Well I will stay glued to this thread for a chance to try it out ^_^

Did you log out and back into the forum?

yeah tried logging off and back in, I even cleared cookies and history, still says the same thing. 

• 2 months later...
bennymac

Keep an eye on the blog for something good :)

Dammit. Now I'm going to have to buy another media player :P  

ernstgot

Will the nexus player have a TV Guide for live TV because that would be a game changer for myself?

Will the nexus player have a TV Guide for live TV because that would be a game changer for myself?

Not in the first release.

mriksman

Does this support/use Emby Connect?

I have Live TV back home in Australia through ServerWMC; it would be staggeringly awesome if I could open up the Nexus Player, select my server in Australia with Emby Connect, and then watch Live TV.

OMG.

MSattler

is it possible to install this player

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/blog/1/entry-189-emby-for-android-tv-nexus-player-released/

on my Amazon Fire TV?

If yes, where can i download a *.apk.

with my smartphome its not possile, Google Play shows: not compatible

Fire TV is not a Android TV device so it will not work.  Fire TV is based upon Kit Kat, AndroidTV runs on Lollipop.

• Like 1

I have Live TV back home in Australia through ServerWMC; it would be staggeringly awesome if I could open up the Nexus Player, select my server in Australia with Emby Connect, and then watch Live TV.

OMG.

Yes.

MSattler

Yes.

OMG.

This was tested by myself and others, and it works well.  The one thing I would note is there is no guide yet.  So you will be going through a lengthy list of channels depending on how many channels you have.  Myself I have around 500 channels, which can be a bear to scroll through.  But yes it definitely works!