#41 CBers OFFLINE  

CBers

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 15399 posts
  • Local time: 05:29 AM
  • LocationKent, England.

Posted 19 October 2014 - 07:54 AM

I fall asleep far too often during a film... Mainly because I find it difficult to get to sleep without some kind of noise in the background.

I do that with Podcasts :D

It can take me a week to listen all the way to the end of the Wittertainment podcast.

Edited by CBers, 19 October 2014 - 07:55 AM.

• Heckler likes this

#42 Heckler OFFLINE  

Heckler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 671 posts
  • LocationEngerland

Posted 19 October 2014 - 10:11 AM

I've got films that I've never finished... but I can't remember which ones. It's one of the reasons I use trakt... So I can see what movie I started to watch the night before... because sometimes I fall asleep before the opening credits have even finished.

Other times... I spend longer trying to find something to watch than I do actually watching it.   :)

• CashMoney likes this

#43 chef OFFLINE  

chef

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 3863 posts
  • Local time: 12:29 AM
  • LocationPeterborough, Canada

Posted 19 October 2014 - 12:05 PM

Hey guys!

Check out:

Cinema sins

How it should have ended

Honest trailers

On youtube

I watched them all, and they are sooo right, and quite entertaining.

I was going to ask the hosts if I could somehow create a channel for media browser of them all, but it would mean hosting each channel myself because it is youtube.

#44 Redshirt OFFLINE  

Redshirt

Android Adept

• Alpha Testers
  • 5083 posts
  • Local time: 09:29 PM
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 19 October 2014 - 12:11 PM

I'm a big fan of honest trailers, they always make me laugh. I've always felt that Cinema sins are trying to hard though. 

• fantaxp7 likes this

#45 ScottIsAFool OFFLINE  

ScottIsAFool

WinPhone Wizard

• Developers
  • 1480 posts
  • LocationPoole, UK

Posted 19 October 2014 - 12:35 PM

Yesterday I watched Poseidon Rex. Was gloriously bad, highly recommended :D

Also, +1 for Honest Trailers :)

#46 Abobader OFFLINE  

Abobader

Super-Tester

• Administrators
  • 14491 posts
  • Local time: 07:29 AM

Posted 19 October 2014 - 01:30 PM

Yesterday I watched Poseidon Rex. Was gloriously bad, highly recommended :D

LOL

#47 shaefurr OFFLINE  

shaefurr

Freelance Photoshop Designer

• Super Testers
  • 2201 posts
  • Local time: 10:29 PM
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 19 October 2014 - 05:48 PM

I love the how it should have ended videos on youtube. The ending for pacific rim was pretty funny, love all the stuff with batman in them :P

• chef and Maleficarum like this

#48 chef OFFLINE  

chef

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 3863 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:48 PM

I love the how it should have ended videos on youtube. The ending for pacific rim was pretty funny, love all the stuff with batman in them :P

...because... I'm Batman...

I'm a big fan of honest trailers, they always make me laugh. I've always felt that Cinema sins are trying to hard though. 

@Redshirt you gotta watch the "Part 2: Transformers Age of Extinction" Cinema Sins. They F#%$&n' hate that movie!

Micheal Bay! Explosions!... More Explosions!... and then some more explosions!!!!!

Even his name explodes on the screen. Hilarious: Micheal Bay... Ka-Boom!

If there is one kind of movie I can't stand, it is re-boots that just absolutely destroy any childhood memory I have of After School/Saturday morning cartoons.

On a side not: I see that "Taken 3" is ready to come out...

At first I thought: You can't be serious! TAKEN 3!  How the hell is Taken 3 even produced?!?  But, I am a sucker for action movies (like Die Hard, I love me some Die Hard...), and I also love Liam Neason.

Taken 3 looks like I'm going to watch it, and maybe even sadly... love it!

The movie looks like a great action plot! Just enough one-liners to keep me happy, and Liam Neason being freakin' awesome!!

Edited by chef, 20 October 2014 - 10:08 PM.

• Maleficarum likes this

#49 shaefurr OFFLINE  

shaefurr

• Super Testers
  • 2201 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:00 PM

I'm just counting the days till 11/4 for the extended desolation of smaug. Just happens to be on my birthday, what a perfect gift for myself :P

• chef and TolkienBard like this

#50 chef OFFLINE  

chef

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 3863 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:07 PM

By the way, this thread should be pinned! maybe even a whole "General" area put aside for FILM CLUB.

... First rule of Film Club: Pin the Thread for FILM CLUB @Luke   

Micheal Bay! Ka-Boom!

• Cheesegeezer and shaefurr like this

#51 shaefurr OFFLINE  

shaefurr

• Super Testers
  • 2201 posts
  • LocationNew Mexico

Posted 20 October 2014 - 10:09 PM

By the way, this thread should be pinned! maybe even a whole "General" area put aside for FILM CLUB.

... First rule of Film Club: Pin the Thread for FILM CLUB @Luke   

Micheal Bay! Ka-Boom!

Totally second that, This is one of those threads I can see with hundreds of pages at some point.

#52 Cheesegeezer OFFLINE  

Cheesegeezer

Theme Dev

• Developers
  • 2629 posts
  • LocationOn an Oil Rig somewhere

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:58 PM

Good day,

I always like the unexpected ending movies, like The Sixth Sense , The Others, last I saw of this type as Now You See Me.

My best

OMG The Others dts stream is amazing, have you noticed that all the paranormal activity hits you in full 5.1, but when its not paranormal its only centre speaker.... Its amazing and the film is bloody darn good too!!
  • Abobader likes this

#53 saajan4u OFFLINE  

saajan4u

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:01 PM

Just watching Annabelle.. Scaring the shit out of me.. I guess I'm just a big girls blouse

#54 techywarrior OFFLINE  

techywarrior

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2411 posts
  • Local time: 08:29 PM

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:21 PM

OMG The Others dts stream is amazing, have you noticed that all the paranormal activity hits you in full 5.1, but when its not paranormal its only centre speaker.... Its amazing and the film is bloody darn good too!!

Hm, I may need to go rewatch it now. I don't remember that. although with my shitty speakers I'd probably not notice.

I'm in the process now of deciding what new speakers to buy. It's pretty sad that I've upgraded everything else but my speakers still suck. I'm not an audiophile but even I can tell that currently there is no depth or impact to the sound and it really hurts the feel of some movies (not talking about bass when I say impact)

#55 Cheesegeezer OFFLINE  

Cheesegeezer

Theme Dev

• Developers
  • 2629 posts
  • LocationOn an Oil Rig somewhere

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:29 PM

Hm, I may need to go rewatch it now. I don't remember that. although with my shitty speakers I'd probably not notice.

I'm in the process now of deciding what new speakers to buy. It's pretty sad that I've upgraded everything else but my speakers still suck. I'm not an audiophile but even I can tell that currently there is no depth or impact to the sound and it really hurts the feel of some movies (not talking about bass when I say impact)

Monitor Audio all the way for fronts and centre, the rest is upto you, i cant say how happy i am with them.

#56 Heckler OFFLINE  

Heckler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 671 posts
  • LocationEngerland

Posted 22 October 2014 - 12:53 AM

At first I thought: You can't be serious! TAKEN 3!  How the hell is Taken 3 even produced?!?  But, I am a sucker for action movies (like Die Hard, I love me some Die Hard...), and I also love Liam Neason.

The movie looks like a great action plot! Just enough one-liners to keep me happy, and Liam Neason being freakin' awesome!!

I'd much rather Taken 3 than Expendables 3... because those movies are complete and utter turds in my opinion,.. If they were making a parody of all the action movies they've ever done it might be funny... But they're not, it's not even tongue in cheek with a nod and a wink to the audience... Just a bunch of old guys pretending to be action heroes in their 60's.

If you want to see exactly how to make that kind of movie... Then watch RED and RED 2... very funny action movies with something that the Expendables movies are lacking... Quality actors all round.

• chef likes this

#57 gthrift OFFLINE  

gthrift

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 22 October 2014 - 04:49 PM

I didn't realize there was going to be a 3rd until you just mentioned it.  A quick search says its at least not about someone being kidnapped again.  If someone got taken a 3rd time, it's just time they give suck it up and move on, lol.  

I'd much rather Taken 3 than Expendables 3... because those movies are complete and utter turds in my opinion,.. If they were making a parody of all the action movies they've ever done it might be funny... But they're not, it's not even tongue in cheek with a nod and a wink to the audience... Just a bunch of old guys pretending to be action heroes in their 60's.

If you want to see exactly how to make that kind of movie... Then watch RED and RED 2... very funny action movies with something that the Expendables movies are lacking... Quality actors all round.

I'll agree with all of this.  Expendables were terrible.  I was expecting more along the lines of RED, which the 1st was great and the 2nd was not quite a good, but still very enjoyable.  A quick search also shows there is a RED 3 coming, so hopefully it was be as good.

Edited by gthrift, 22 October 2014 - 10:51 AM.

• Heckler likes this

#58 fantaxp7 OFFLINE  

fantaxp7

Advanced Member

• Alpha Testers
  • 941 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 22 October 2014 - 05:57 PM

Watched Deliver Us From Evil last night. Decent horror movie.

#59 techywarrior OFFLINE  

techywarrior

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 2411 posts
  • Local time: 08:29 PM

Posted 23 October 2014 - 01:27 AM

I just re-watched it tonight because I haven't seen it a long while and also because I never noticed the audio changing for the paranormal vs. non.

Man that movie is good!

Of course with my shitty speaker setup and a lot of sound only being from the center channel I had to really crank my receiver to hear it well... I think this weekend I may go for the new speakers.

• Cheesegeezer likes this

#60 Heckler OFFLINE  

Heckler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 671 posts
  • LocationEngerland

Posted 24 October 2014 - 04:20 PM

I just re-watched it tonight because I haven't seen it a long while and also because I never noticed the audio changing for the paranormal vs. non.

Man that movie is good!

Of course with my shitty speaker setup and a lot of sound only being from the center channel I had to really crank my receiver to hear it well... I think this weekend I may go for the new speakers.

Not got that one, will have to check it out.

As for speakers... Mine are getting long in the tooth now... but money is tight and I can't afford to replace them...  nor can I afford to replace my aging Yamaha DSP A5 amp. My front L/R are JBL control 1's, whilst the rears are Control 5's. The centre is a kenwood and the sub is a Yamaha... The sub is 14yrs old now and has been repaired once, the speakers are around 11yrs old, the original Yamaha speakers I had came with the subwoofer and are now used on my PC and still going strong.

I'd love to replace the amp with a 7.1 amp, with plenty of HDMI slots... but have more pressing things that need doing with money.

On the movie front... I watched Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure again, for the first time in many years.... It's still as funny and goofy as I remember and well worth a watch.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Movie, Discussion, Review

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users