Cost effective solution for Cloud Back up needed

Griffith59

Griffith59

According to my insurance advisor, I should have a back up option for the information that is stored by my staff on the computers on a daily basis. It seems that the data about the clients projects should be stored and backed up at one place where surety of retrieval is high. My insurance advisor has recommended Ahsay backup software as one of the best solutions since there are varied options and discounts. Can anyone tell me about other inexpensive options for cloud back up in the region? I really don’t want to spend that much and my need is of 10 TB only as of now.

TolkienBard

If you use Microsoft Office 365, you should have a minimum of 10 TB of storage through their One Cloud. The only restriction is that the files cannot be over 10 GB in size. That's storage isn't free, but it comes as close as I have ever found. You're also limited to 10 simultaneous uploads at once - another drawback. If you have time though, and you data amount is limited, then One Drive is a very reasonable solution. The 10 TB limit is also going away, and already has for some users. With unlimited storage space, it's just a matter of getting the data uploaded.

I have yet to come across a service that provides a way to "quickly" upload to the cloud. Even when I used some of the other services out there, the upload speeds crawled along. Some services will send you an empty HDD in the mail for a fee, so that you can seed you data there and then mail the HDD back. The price is pretty steep though, considering you don't actually own the HDD when all is done, and the drive is usually only 1-2 TB. Of course, going with One Drive requires that you pay attention to maintaining your own data and so forth, but backing up data is not terribly hard, and can even be automated without the addition of extra software.

It all really depends on how much, how fast, your budget, and what you feel is sufficient.