Beta v3.0.6

7illusions

HI @@7illusions

What do you think, can we now have Direct Play of MKV files in the app ? :) The latest update to MS Video app now supports it !! At least for AC3, no DTS, but hey that's 80-90% of my library anyway. Does that give the support for you to work your magic ? (Hoping)

Let's see, great modern UI, native music support, native video support, Live TV (coming soon or here maybe) no pressure ;) but that puts the app at the top of the heap in the windows world.

-Vicpa

• Like 1

7illusions

I'll test it asap!!

Must have been a change in media foundation for us to utilize it though..

Edited by 7illusions

I'll test it asap!!

Must have been a change in media foundation for us to utilize it though..

make sure to submit a pull request with the device profile changes because we're going to need them for mobile sync.

• Like 1

Hi

Shame about mkv's like Lee said guess we will have to wait for Win 10. Thanks for looking into it

Testing

167----

---Mouse pointer stays visible will in app. Disappears on Playback Screen. Stays visible, however when the screen saver kicks in. 

---Parental controls as noted my use case in not a good example. But to simulate I created a user with access to only one library backdrops displayed only from that library as expected. Couldn't verify based on parental controls. This is probably driven by the server settings anyway but wanted to verify. (BTW I am impressed by the attention of the dev teams to the whole kid friendly/safe issue)

--Still hoping for a volume button on now playing

--If not noted before the labels on screen saver seem much better, have not seen any odd truncation.

UI-- In general

DISCLAIMERS :)

A lot of UI or UX is subjective driven by personal preference, standard conventions, features/limitations of the UI controls and implementation time constraints. They also can seem nit picky an trivial which is not my intent. My use case is when I recommend the app and the server for that matter, that is all non-technical users see and frankly care about "does it work, can I figure out how to use it does it look nice" ;) I am also commenting on the laptop and 10ft experience.

Most of my thoughts are pretty minor.

-- When the scroll bar shows up on the right in the detail screens in sometimes blocks the right most text. in the box, description overview, etc.

-- The width of right margin universally (all screens) may want to be increased slightly.

-- The font point size on the actor Name on the detail screen could be reduced . As a style convention the point size of the birth year and place of birth shown below the name should be at least 2 points smaller .The separator for birth year and POB shows even when data is not available.

--- Directors are shown as text. Can this be a clickable event to drill down to detail screen like actors?

--- Album Detail Page

1) Can it show the album over view? and release year under the album name artist name at the top.

2) Track list

- add the track length right justified. Style convention- slightly smaller point size for track# and track length or bold \different weight for track name vs # and length. Not sure which would look better, leaning towards the bold weight thing, that is how it is done in iTunes. Maybe long term this could be changed to two snaked columns rather than a single column a separator for multi disc albums would be nice (I can always ask :) )

General Observations

I like the UI for me it scales nicely between my laptop and 10 ft experience on my TV. Naming of "Channels" tv vs plugin is problematic maybe the community can come up with a standard across apps. I can work on a matrix of MCE remote mapping or if you have one you can send/post I could test. 

Thanks for your hard work !!

-Vicpa

--

--BTW the app seems to work just fine on Win 10, I have excluded this as a test platform because not really relevant at this point way to in the future.

Edited by Vicpa

politby

Just installed the latest build after removing the one installed from the Store. It starts, allows me to connect to the server, the "loading" spinner does its thing for about 30 seconds and then I get an empty home screen.

Sorry about the crappy picture.

5489a42285209_DSC_0056.jpg

Web and Android clients are fine so not a server problem. Same behavior on Connect and local.

MetroLogs.zip

Edited by politby

Hi

I can confirm that

Live tile is working

Cursor now hides in Screensaver is  working.

I am not sure about the LiveTV fix , don't know what the issue was.

7illusions

Thanks1

Yes, the live-tv issue is for @MrWebSmitth and @@politby to verify.. The empty menu was due to an exception that occured when retrieving the livetv features and has handled in w too high level. Causing the menu to be empty.

7illusions

If nobody has any issues with this version, I will create a release today (Looking at 15:00 UTC) and Close this Beta.

That means that we can start with a Alpha period for v3.1 instead of v3.0.6, with a lot of new funny features. ;)

I haven't encountered any showstoppers!!

Like the sound of funny new features :)

Thanks for including me in the test group

• Like 1

politby

Can someone please try resuming an item that was previously played back on a different client?

I have a problem when I do this. After resumed playback has started, I cannot get the OSD to come back.

The pause/play controls come up but not the back arrow, menu or other stuff which normally appears when swiping down from the top edge of the screen.

--

There are two kinds of people. Those who can extrapolate from missing information.

Edited by politby

Hi @@politby and 7

I think I tried your scenario. But I installed the latest dev version of the server, before I saw your post. 

Anyway, with that... two things

I had advanced intros installed, when I selected resume for an item, The intro's played and the media started from the beginning.

Removing the plugin: When I selected resume the media started where it was left off. the controls etc were all visible and functional. As expected.

Don't know if it is the plugin, server or what... not much help I know.

Personally the plugin is eye candy that I like, but can live without until it gets sorted.