Beta v3.0.6

7illusions

7illusions

Purpose of this Beta run.

It will not have any new big features, there will be minor improvements and bugfixes.

We are targeting a release on the 10th of December.

Latest build:

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=315DEE41F7FEA2E7!87353&authkey=!ANRg1xI8ksfvRuA&ithint=file%2czip

Changes:

ApiClient updates

ServerDiscovery updates

MCE support improved

Better support for smaller screens (7")

Bugfix for artistdetailsview in portraitmode

New transcoding profiles and the option to turn HLS off (Settings -> Streaming -> Use Alternative Transcoding)

That feature might not see production, but if you have videos that won't play, try this and let me know if it makes it better

Screensaver (Starts after 30 secs)

Better DirectStream support for Mp4

Improved Picture Quality on thumbnails

Removed LightTheme

Lots of minor UI tweaks *thanks to @@ScottIsAFool for finding them. (Still got some stuff to sort)

DirectStream support fot M4A

Added NextUp in TvShow-details view

LiveTV menu crash Bugfix

LiveTile fix

Edited by 7illusions

Ok guys - top priority is getting the connectivity issues squared away, so we really need help on that. I've pushed updates today for 7's app, I'm sure Scott will implement it soon, and I'll also be applying the same to android.

@@7illusions I had a 7" Toshiba encore mini which sadly had to go back. One thing I thought might be nice for a small device would be a grid view of folders on the start screen I'll do a screen grab of the web server to give u an idea...

I think a home screen option like that would be great...

Edited by Lee

Hi 7

I was able to install the beta on one machine last night and it went fine. Tried today on another and received a message that the certificate has expired. I think it referred to the one in the zip, as it didn't get as far as the live login to acquire a cert.

I may just be challenged What should I do?

7illusions

It's most likely a rights issue. Start powershell as admin an execute the script and see if that doesn't solve it.

7illusions

Noop! Seems to be an issue at Microsoft, I get the same error trying to compile a new build

7illusions

New build, download available in first post.

Added a screensaver, it will start after 30 secs of inactivity. (If you are signed in and not in the playback view)

Please try to see if you can make the app crash due to this  feature.

I've installed this, seems like everything is ok with a mousepad..

as I said above i'd like an option for folder view as main page on login.

failing that, the layout for folder view is all wrong everything is on the left hand of the screen, i'll post a screenie in a minute..

anything in particular you'd like to test... I can hang about a bit for the screensaver but that's going to get boring very quickly!! lol

Hi 7

Will test some more this evening. quick first pass the change you made in server selection view didn't work for me. No detected servers. I was able to manually connect with host and port. I am a local connection, wifi g. I will try latter on my other clients.

While I here :) Is it possible to change mp4 with ac3 audio to direct play? They play just fine under the Microsoft Win8 video app. I tested on a laptop with regular sound and my htpc. both played fine. I got nice Dolby 5.1 on the htpc with hdmi out.

Thanks Vicpa

Screensaver seems to work, random text of artists, films and tv series... Hope you're going to inject some images in future updates??

ehome remote capability seems poor, can't navigate out of films letter in jump list. If I use mousepad to get down into films then I can't get back up to letter...

Hey Lee

How do I get the ehome remote to navigate? so far I have pause and play etc. Return worked

the transport controls "should" work up down left right and backbutton..

problem I get in trasitions between say movies and tv it loses focus sometimes and then doesn't work.

if these aren't working for you try putting the cursor on a film with mouse then use remote...

I don't use connect either, had a lot of issues with it early on. didn't need it and left it alone. I was going to try it but the app wouldn't let me log out!!

uninstalled it, i'll give the new version a go maybe tomoz and try connect.

The mouse over the movie did it. But I see what you are saying it does seem to lose "focus" and stop working. Will play around some more to see if I can discern any pattern.

Thanks!

ok so, tried it quickly connect was a no go just failed, sent logs to 7 by pm as i'm unsure if there's any private info in there!

7illusions

New build (3.0.6.163) available. Updated first post.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=315DEE41F7FEA2E7!86230&authkey=!ABnmmYnsxss7moE&ithint=file%2czip

New ApiClient

Changed a bit in the serverselection view  which could potentially cause issues for some users with slow connections on remote machines.

AutoHide mouse cursor after 3 secs. (app-wide atm, maybe this should be playback and screensaver only?)

Force images to be displayed in screensaver even if user has the disabled the backdrops in settings. (Lee, it should show images for you as well now)

Ok guys - top priority is getting the connectivity issues squared away, so we really need help on that. I've pushed updates today for 7's app, I'm sure Scott will implement it soon, and I'll also be applying the same to android.

No feedback here? are you guys good both with and without connect?