Beta v3.0.6

7illusions

no connectivity issues for me??? I was a bit puzzled when you mentioned it as I've had none ever since launch...

7illusions

Hi 7

Will test some more this evening. quick first pass the change you made in server selection view didn't work for me. No detected servers. I was able to manually connect with host and port. I am a local connection, wifi g. I will try latter on my other clients.

While I here :) Is it possible to change mp4 with ac3 audio to direct play? They play just fine under the Microsoft Win8 video app. I tested on a laptop with regular sound and my htpc. both played fine. I got nice Dolby 5.1 on the htpc with hdmi out.

Thanks Vicpa

Do you Think you could share such a Movie so that I can validate it? (OneDrive or dropbox would be nice)

TIA

7illusions

Hmm, looking at the profile it should already directplay mp4 ac3.. What VideoCodec is it?

Hi

I use handbrake to rip/convert files, pretty much default settings, except for h.264 (intel QSV)

Here is a link 20sec file I use as intro  http://1drv.ms/1tY7Y8j

Below are the details from the web client.

Video
Codec    H264
Profile    High
Level     41
Resolution     1860x1080
Aspect ratio    31:18
Anamorphic    No
Interlaced       No
Framerate       29.96853
Bitrate       9689 kbps
Bit depth   8 bit
Pixel format   yuv420p
Ref frames    2
CABAC         Yes
Audio
Language        und
Codec             AC3
Layout             5.1
Bitrate        625 kbps
Sample rate 48000 khz
Default    Yes

Thanks!!

Edited by Vicpa

7illusions

Thanks, I'll have a look at that file as soon as I get home from work. 

Here's the part of the profile that kind of says that it should work already:

DirectPlayProfiles = new[]
            {
                new DirectPlayProfile
                {
                    Container = "mp4,mov",
                    VideoCodec = "h264,mpeg4",
                    AudioCodec = "aac,ac3,eac3,mp3,pcm",
                    Type = DlnaProfileType.Video
                },

CodecProfiles = new[]
            {
                new CodecProfile
                {
                    Type = CodecType.Video,
                    Conditions = new []
                    {
                        new ProfileCondition
                        {
                            Condition = ProfileConditionType.LessThanEqual,
                            Property = ProfileConditionValue.VideoBitDepth,
                            Value = "8",
                            IsRequired = false
                        }
                    }
                },

new CodecProfile
                {
                    Type = CodecType.Video,
                    Codec="h264",
                    Conditions = new []
                    {

// Note: Add any of the following if supported

//"Constrained Baseline",
                        //"Baseline",
                        //"Extended",
                        //"Main",
                        //"High",
                        //"Progressive High",
                        //"Constrained High"

// The first one in the list should be the higest one, e.g. if High profile is supported, make sure it appears before baseline: high|baseline

new ProfileCondition(ProfileConditionType.EqualsAny, ProfileConditionValue.VideoProfile, "high|main|extended|baseline|constrained baseline"),
                        new ProfileCondition
                        {
                            Property = ProfileConditionValue.VideoLevel,
                            Value = "51"
                        }
                    }
                },

new CodecProfile
                {
                    Type = CodecType.VideoAudio,
                    Codec = "aac,eac3",
                    Conditions = new []
                    {
                        new ProfileCondition
                        {
                            Property = ProfileConditionValue.AudioChannels,
                            Value = "8"
                        }
                    }
                },

new CodecProfile
                {
                    Type = CodecType.VideoAudio,
                    Codec = "ac3",
                    Conditions = new []
                    {
                        new ProfileCondition
                        {
                            Property = ProfileConditionValue.AudioChannels,
                            Value = "6"
                        }
                    }
                }
            };

So I guess I'll have to do some debugging.

Edited by 7illusions

does look like bad password, guess I need a new keyboard but I kinda knew that already...

works fine with connect although still no live tv (serverwmc - working in MBT)

Edited by Lee

Hi

Posted some logs from connection testing in that thread. Don't know what the preference is, respond to everything here or break things out.  Let me know.

Working on testing screen server, Had one problem with long pause(like 1hr) when listening to an album, no crash but controls didn't work. Trying to reproduce, (maybe the server disposed of the stream do to inactivity don't even know if the server does that) will try to get logs etc.

BTW what is the file path to logs? I like the show logs, copy text for checking things quickly,  but for testing just going to directory would be easier

Thanks

7illusions

Path to logs:

%AppData%\Local\Packages\436337Illusions.com.MediaBrowser_77hd5e1v1hqs4\LocalState\MetroLogs

7illusions

New build: https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=315DEE41F7FEA2E7!86679&authkey=!AJf7oQjSSG4halo&ithint=file%2czip

Better DirectStream support for Mp4 (@@Vicpa, it should work fine now)

Improved Picture Quality on thumbnails

Removed LightTheme

ArtistThumb default image added

Lots of minor UI tweaks

Edited by 7illusions
  • Like 1

Outstanding ! :)  so nice to see Dobly Digital show up on my receiver, with the HTPC. Plays just fine on laptop with regular sound as well.

While you are in the direct play, direct stream, and transcoding groove. You know I just gotta ask.

Audio m4a or mp3 for that matter: There is a slight stutter at the start of each track. It is better than it was a while ago but it is still there.(not tied to this beta) Can you work some magic on them? Can they be direct play or Direct stream whatever it is.

Here is a transcode log  transcode-Music.txt

Can Native audio be used when transcoding mkv's? Currently everything seems to be aac. DTS won't play in an mp4 container with the Win8 video app, But we know ac3 works?

lastly just for info here are two logs for tv. Win8 and MBT for comparison. I have a HDhomerun which due to Krusty's fine work passes the info for the dlna stream right to the server. Don't know who owns the transcoding for it once it is there, but makes sense that all apps could leverage uniform settings based on stream container type.

transcode-MBT.txt

transcode-Win8.txt

I would have to say that music would be my personal priority even if it is just the stutter fixed, formats are a nice to have.

sorry 7 when the door is opened I gotta stick my head in :)

Thanks for the file path info. I think the mouse cursor disappear should be just on playback screen and when the screen saver kicks in. I looked at the behavior on the Win8 video player and vlc and that seems to be the convention.

Thanks!!  will muck around some more and see if anything else turns up.

EDIT: The HDhomerun non drm dlna streams play just fine on Win8 pro with Media Center, with the regular Win8 video app. I have lav installed but have not changed any media foundation settings.

Edited by Vicpa

can you guys please sign up for connect, even if you don't plan to use it personally? we really need more testers on it because it is currently our single greatest feature that is responsible for bringing new people to media browser. thanks.

Awesome @@7illusions !!  Best Music experience..in the MB3 ecosystem. :)

Not sure of your release schedule or how much you want to take on....

Two things still open in progress

mouse disappear

time to screensaver

Live tile (from the forum)

Thanks!!

There are a couple of other things, minor that can wait unless you want them now

Edited by Vicpa
  • Like 1

7illusions

Just bring on the feedback. :)

Still got a few days to go before next release.

I'm currently rethinking the TvShowDetails view, when a show is selected the next up episode for that particular show will be able to direct play.

It's not done yet though, I'll get it out tomorrow, together with the MouseCurser changes. (The Screensaver delay is already increased to 60sec in the current beta)

Ok  :)

-A Volume control on Now playing Screen (speaker button like on the playback screen)

-Support for the Server Feature of excluding Library's from "Latest"

-Tweak to support for advanced Intro's plugin I have two set to play Generic "Feature Presentation" and then one based on audio format, even though the generic one is set to paly first the audio one always plays first.

-Favorites as a top level menu choice (may not be possible as they are not currently a "view")

I am sure I will think of a few more

Thanks

The intros is nothing he can control. he just gets the list from the server. You should report that to Ebr in regards to the intro plugin.

Thanks Luke will do about the intro's. Hope to have some "Connect" feedback for you tomorrow .

Hi 7

A couple of open things

1) On the Now Playing Screen 

If you hit stop, the play button goes to pause, and stops working

2)MCE Remote  It is getting better :) But crazies like me will try everthing, fast forward for instance. Focus still gets confused. If you don't feel you will have it fully implemented in the release  Just a suggestion I would call it out as a work in progress in your release notes. It would help manage expectations and direct general forum support posts to stuff you feel is fully implemented  

3) I really like the screen saver but I am sure some others won't, Can you give us an off on switch under general setting?

4) The exclude library from grouping function seems not to be working. I have one library, type mixed Movies and TV, excluded from grouping via profile settings and content is showing up group under Movies and TV. This maybe a server thing? I think I read a post about it.

A couple more quick thoughts, questions really

1) Does the screen saver respect all of the parental controls and library excludes? Not a issue for me but is very important for the parents out there. I would guess also that if people had "adult" content they may not want that showing up on the Screen Saver in the living room.

2) How does the app handle "Connect"? or available servers in general? I posed a similar question to Luke, does it check in the background? If so is that really necessary. Logically you only have to check  on initial configuration, and when a user selects switch servers. Reason I ask is I have seen credentials errors logged and "Connect" should be an opt in choice in my opinion for what it is worth.

Thanks!!