Question about connecting from localhost

embeathome

embeathome

hmmmhhhm....i cannot connect from Desktop PC (client) to MBS in HTPC. I tried all possible, but no luck. I am afraid i will need to reinstall Windows but i am not sure if it helps. I have tried all possible including:

- ping 192.168.1.30 of course works OK

- starting of MB in windows Services (it was stopped despite MBS was running)

- typing address 192.168.1.30:8069/mediabrowser 

- changed few settings in my wireless router (Asus RT66) but also updated firmware in the router

I will try to uninstall Eset, will also try to disable windows firewall etc. I am suspicious that this could be caused by switch to which HTPC is connected but not sure. So i could try to connect HTPC directly to the wall socket so it goes directly to Asus router (through patch pannel only)

Edited by embeathome

embeathome

So finally it was ESET which blocked communication between client and server. Need to find out how to make it working with Eset firewall on. Any ideas?

Eset has a learning mode. If you turn it on, anything that eset finds questionable it will ask you to allow or not. Simply run your client, if eset asks youbto allow the connection say yes.. Then make sure you run eset in auto with exceptions mode afterwards and you should be good. I'm really surprised that eset is blocking mbs I am running it in default mode on my server and on each of my clients one on w7 and one on w8.1 with absolutely no problem. Good luck.

embeathome

Eset has a learning mode. If you turn it on, anything that eset finds questionable it will ask you to allow or not. Simply run your client, if eset asks youbto allow the connection say yes.. Then make sure you run eset in auto with exceptions mode afterwards and you should be good. I'm really surprised that eset is blocking mbs I am running it in default mode on my server and on each of my clients one on w7 and one on w8.1 with absolutely no problem. Good luck.

Thanks! Changed settings of Eset and it workds now OK. The only thing is localhost dashboard is not working but that's something i don't care since i will manage server from client computer.