TV Shows MetaData "Date Added" v "Release Date"

0sm0
Go to solution Solved by CWNashvegas,

I was looking at the MB3 Web interfaces "Latest Unwatched" and found that a recently added TV episode wasn't shown. Looking at its metadata, the "date added" was the same as the "release date" which pushed it way back in the unwatched list.

Checking other episodes I noticed that the "data added" was always the same as the "release date".

Is this by design? I would have throught that "date added" meant the date it was added to the library?

I couldn't find anything related to this already posted so was thinking it maybe something on my end thats screwing it up?

Cheers

Tim...

sounds coincidental. i just double checked and there's nowhere where those values are getting combined or mismatched.

Redshirt

Are you, or were you, using a third-party metadata manager that might be setting these values?

I used to use MetaBrowser but now rely on MB3 for the data.

The only 3rd party app I use is Filebot to only rename the episode before I move it over to the server for MB3 to do its trick.

Will see if renaming myself then moving to server suffers the same fate..

cheers

• Solution
CWNashvegas

I used to use MetaBrowser but now rely on MB3 for the data.

The only 3rd party app I use is Filebot to only rename the episode before I move it over to the server for MB3 to do its trick.

Will see if renaming myself then moving to server suffers the same fate..

cheers

From the Filebot feature list:

"+ Set File Creation Date to episode/movie airdate/year on rename if supported by the platform"

I don't use it, but I would imagine (hope) there's a way to turn off that feature.
  • Like 1

Bugger...

Cheers... I should read the fine print.. <_<

I probably didnt notice it before due to only adding new episodes.

Q: Why is FileBot changing timestamps?
On rename CreationDate is set to the episode airdate or movie release year. If the Windows Shell integration is enabled for move/copy operations then last-modified may be updated as well. You can disable these features by setting -DuseExtendedFileAttributes=false and -DuseNativeShell=false in the *.l4j.ini config files. When launching via the FileBot (platform) shortcut these features are disabled by default.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by 0sm0