Question about dvd folders without VIDEO_TS

Kevin3824

Kevin3824

ok so I have a database of 1000 maybe up to 1500 movies I need to add VIDEO_TS directories to each of the Movie Directories it seems. As I put screen shots on this thread the available size keeps going lower. most of my movies and trailers are stored as .mkv files now so should I put both of them into a new directory called  VIDEO_TS ? which files from this screenshot would go in the new VideoTS directory

post-3609-0-56398800-1417316099_thumb.gif

Kevin3824

I guess you really dont understand what I am trying to ask you. I get a DVD or a Blu-ray at the store. I come home and put it in my blu-ray burner. I open up WMC and go to Extras. I Open Auto Rip n Compress from there. that uses DVD Fab 8, Handbrake, and Make MKV to compress an MP4 file format within a .mkv container. This also converts DTS Audio into AC3. It then stores the files on my network hard drive. 

I do not understand what your trying to say when it comes to how I can fix this database to respond the way you and the others have designed it to. I have over 1000 DVDs spanning almost 12 TB saved in the manner described above so I do not have VTS Files that are visible in my directory structure. My last post contained an image of what a random DVD looks like on my system. Today I had at least 8 directories become corrupt after an update and when I asked for help to find out why  it seems like you are getting frustrated with me.  Try to see it from my side I have spent years working on this movie collection to get where I am and now I have you telling me I have to change my entire directory structure to something other then you had previously posted. Honestly, the fact it says DVD or H-264 over the images does not matter to me as long as I don't lose functionality. The way you are talking though I would not only lose functionality but  you would also expect me to have more issues in the future as well  interacting with your product. I am sure I am not the only one out here that does not have Video_Ts in each movie directory. I do not even know how you would find out how many do not in order to consider supporting  not having it. 

I have really enjoyed using MediaBrowser up to this point and have recomended it to everyone I come in contact with. I would think that  would be a major goal for a developer to have all the users  be happy enough to promote your software throughout their daily lives. It is that kind of faith in a product  people look for. 

If I am going to have to go back and change my entire directory structure then maybe you can suggest a file type that can be reasonably compressed for storage and still supports High Definition of 1080P and surround sound of at least 5.1 along with how those file types would fit into your directory structure and be supported for all future update releases.

Ok, I don't think you need to go back and change much, but you might have to look at those 8 that were affected.

When i say Dvd I mean what the video is now. Your mkv's may have been sourced from Dvd, but at this point now they're just plain video files. They are no longer dvd. So they don't need the VIDEO_TS folder structure. They need to look like the above screenshot and it should be fine.

In your other example from the movie Collector, you are storing that movie in original dvd format (notice the VTS_ files). So in that case you need the VIDEO_TS structure, and then it should be fine.