Xbox One Theme ideas

Cheesegeezer

someone PLEASE make an xbox one theme for mbc...

until an acceptable (wife friendly) alternative comes along i am sticking with wmc for tv & recording. And tbh mbc works just fine for me...

#ifitaintbroke

leedavies

Has anyone considered what Microsoft might say when they, as I'm sure they will one day, see MBT and it's UI looking remarkably similar to Microsoft's no doubt copyrighted, patented etc Xbox One UI.

Or is it all legal and you guys got a licence to use the Xbox One UI in MB3 ?

While Lee is technically right, we're never going to be big enough for them to care about it. So I'm all for it.

surely neo could be adapted quite easily to look like this?

sh*t i wish i could code!!!!

No, MBT is more like any other metro styled video application than it is xbox. There's a whole bunch of apps out there that all look similar.

I think MS really wants the whole world to start looking like that.  It's not just the xbox, it is Win 8 and their whole interface strategy right now. 

Redshirt

I agree with your point of MS's interface strategy... Here's an early screenshot of the windows 9 UI.

lcarscolors2.png

• Like 1

Love the moc-ups!  Long time Neo user, now playing with ROC, but would jump on something like this in a heartbeat.  When can I download and where do I send my cash?

trooper11

I don't think anyone should be worried about MS not liking this. They want to see developers making use of the metro ui design ideas.

leedavies

I don't think anyone should be worried about MS not liking this. They want to see developers making use of the metro ui design ideas.

Indeed they do.  On their platform, where they make money out of it.

Last time I checked, Microsoft wasn't a charity and they certainly don't take kindly to copyright infringement or theft.  Xbox One is looking to be much more than just a games console and I'm sure Microsoft will be expanding the quantity of premium streaming content like movies and TV shows etc.

MBT looks just like the Xbox One and on the media side of things, arguably does much the same.  Good luck fighting that one.

swhitmore

MBT looks just like the Xbox One and on the media side of things, arguably does much the same.  Good luck fighting that one.

Actually MBT is based off standard design templates provided by Microsoft: Windows Store App Designs

They are actually encouraging developers to design like this. Uniquely Windows - Design Windows Store Apps

leedavies

Oh, so MBT is actually going to be an app in the Windows Store?

Bearing in mind, of course, little details like IE not being a supported browser by the MB Dashboard. 

swhitmore

Oh, so MBT is actually going to be an app in the Windows Store?

Nope, but why would it need to be? Microsoft is clearly encouraging people to use these designs. When they discuss 'Modern Design', such as this page by Steve Clayton 'Modern design at Microsoft', they talk about how they want modern design to not be limited to hardware, software, or even Microsoft. Their goal is the amalgamation of modern design across all platforms. The last thing they would want is to limit this to Windows Store apps only. Additionally, Microsoft didn't invent any of these designs. They are heavily influenced by Bauhaus philosophy and Swiss Style.

Bearing in mind, of course, little details like IE not being a supported browser by the MB Dashboard. 

Works perfectly fine. In fact, IE11 is running the dashboard a fuck load better than Chrome for me. Scrolling is butter smooth on IE.