Xbox One Theme ideas

Cheesegeezer

Cheesegeezer

LOL, everybody's said what I was thinking....

MBT lol :lol: 

;)

Edited by Cheesegeezer

Yeah these looks exactly like what MBT looks like with the exception of it is using green and MBT uses red and that OSD on the left. That is a cool idea. Hopefully someone can make this into a theme. Probably wouldn't be that hard to modify the default one to do it.

shaefurr

I admit the layout for the xbox is basically the same as MBT, only real difference is some text alignment, font centering, and a wider spotlight, oh and where MBT keeps scrolling right they have some buttons. I guess I should have posted lets add some green to MBT. :P

20132705082700.jpg

• Like 1

yardameus

Regardless of how similar it may look, sometimes it's the little bits that make someone like it better.  Like, where the OSD is, or your MB Guide, or green instead of red.  I'm sure Luke has already integrated a color wheel into MBT so one can simply choose the color of the default theme, so the green/red is surely already obsolete. ;)

swhitmore

These look great! You are making me hope more and more that the Xbox One will have apps.

shaefurr

So, being a big fan of the interface for the 360, and loving the Neo theme forever, I figured maybe its time we go next gen on the interface and use one similar to the Xbox One. These are just a few mock-ups I made based off the few screens I could find, I'll make more / redo some when the XB1 releases next month and I can grab some more screens. I'm still working on some for TV seasons and a few other views, plus ive gone through about 3 versions of this mock-up already.

One cool feature I thought would be interesting, a standard side tab that would be used throughout MB, the tab could be used for quick menu's, sorting, OSD, etc. I generously named it MB Guide lol

I changed the spotlight to recently added media, honestly I love the spotlight, but with it being random, I've used it like once or twice in the last few years, this way its more useful and gets rid of a collection on the side.

Yes, Scott inspired me to make these with his amazing mock-ups. Plus I love Neo :P

Also I used the green MB logo color throughout the theme

Movie Home Screen

glgr.jpg

TV Home Screen

y7y9.jpg

Movie Browser

7v86.jpg

Now Playing

btec.jpg

OSD Main

vkk1.jpg

OSD Scenes

yni7.jpg

Movie Details

e5bw.jpg

Movie Details Cast

cu5u.jpg

Edited by shaefurr
  • Like 4

trooper11

Great looking shots. Seeing people say this already looks a lot like MBT has me excited to get my hands on it.

When I first saw the shots of the X1 UI, I was pretty impressed, it just looks slick and has that visual draw for finding the media you want. The fact that MBT's default theme is in that same vein is great in my opinion.

How did you get your hands on the Xbone interface already?  I'm impressed how they have implemented MediaBrowser into the UI.  This has made my mind up to purchase this now.

swhitmore

This is the new Xbox boot sequence. I'd love to see something like this for MBT. @Luke  :ph34r:

iby0xyCdPkSM9d.gif?resize=650%2C365

• Like 2

shaefurr

How did you get your hands on the Xbone interface already?  I'm impressed how they have implemented MediaBrowser into the UI.  This has made my mind up to purchase this now.

Just google xbox one interface, they've been up since May when they did the reveal

shaefurr

While im at it, lets steal the steam big picture mode too..

I was wondering how to get the TV, Movies, Games and such views in without cramming the top bar since it looks so nice with only App,s Library and Collections, so I figured after scrolling to Library a sub menu would slide down with the other categories, then after choosing one it would slide back up.

l1u8.jpg

5pl3.jpg

2v6i.jpg

Edited by shaefurr
  • Like 2

shaefurr

Since I can't sleep I made some more...

r7ob.jpg

gsot.jpg

Edited by shaefurr
  • Like 1

Shaefurr - are these actual themes your working on or awesome mockups?  

I am now thinking preordering a PS4 might have been a bad mistake.....although as release is nearing I am getting the buyers remorse problem. (although prob feel the same if I preordered the Xbone)

Edited by DigiTM

swhitmore

I am now thinking preordering a PS4 might have been a bad mistake.....although as release is nearing I am getting the buyers remorse problem. (although prob feel the same if I preordered the Xbone)

You should definitely change that preorder ;)

shaefurr

Just mock ups

yardameus

xbone...  nice...

trooper11

I'm definitely glad I pre-order the X1. After all the crap on the internet died down, its turning out to be the right choice for me.

I love the UI they are aiming for to handle gaming and media access, not to mention the robust multitasking support. As long as they open up app support so that the MB guys can support it, I'll be set to use it as a replacement for my htpc. I'll still have at least one main htpc due to things like pc games, emulation, and maybe for local media that I want tweaked video or audio wise.

shaefurr

This is the new Xbox boot sequence. I'd love to see something like this for MBT. @Luke  :ph34r:

iby0xyCdPkSM9d.gif?resize=650%2C365

Thats awesome, cant wait for the x one