Media Player Classic Remote Control for Media Browser {EXPERIMENTAL}

anks

psxlover

Thanks for this, it works great with only one exception.

When watching several episodes of a series (with "Play next episode automatically" selected) only the first one is marked as watched.

• 3 weeks later...
oside-dave

I had been using Media Browser for many years, and recently updated my htpc. I installed the new Emby program and installed the mpc-hc remote, i told emby to use external player, and when i go to play a movie, i am presented with an option to play, or play with external player.. i select this option and i am presented with another option to select vlc, but i dont have vlc installed, and dont want to use it, i want to use my MPC-HC. Am i missing another place to tell Emby where the MPC-HC is?

thank you!

Happy2Play

I had been using Media Browser for many years, and recently updated my htpc. I installed the new Emby program and installed the mpc-hc remote, i told emby to use external player, and when i go to play a movie, i am presented with an option to play, or play with external player.. i select this option and i am presented with another option to select vlc, but i dont have vlc installed, and dont want to use it, i want to use my MPC-HC. Am i missing another place to tell Emby where the MPC-HC is?

thank you!

MPC Remote is an app that allows you use MPC-HC as a "Play To" device.  With the remote app running you first select the cast screen in the top right of the browser and select MPC Remote.  Once you have done that anytime you hit play it will play via MPC-HC.

See Post 57 for MPC Remote App

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

AdrianW

MPC remote is used for launching MPC-HC on a Windows PC when you press play from a browser or other app (like the iOS app). For that to work, you first need to select MPC remote as the playback device from the browser or app (button appears near the top right).

If you're using Emby for Media Center (EMC) and want to use MPC-HC as an external player then you do NOT need the MPC Remote app. You just need to configure EMC to use MPC-HC as it's external player.

If you're trying to use an external player with the iOS app, as far as I know VLC is the only option - and that means the iOS VLC app running on your iOS device.

-edit-

Beaten by *that* much. :)

Edited by AdrianW
  • Like 1

oside-dave

Thanks for the help guys. i restarted Emby and found the button you were talking about, but now the remote is gone and i cant figure out how to get it back, of course without it, i dont have the mpc hc selection. if i go to devices in the settings, it shows the mpc remote, but the tray icon is gone and i dont know how to restart the remote.

What am i doing wrong?

Happy2Play

You have to re-launch the app from where every you extracted I the zip to.  I put a short-cut of the exe in my startup folder so it gets launched at start-up.

oside-dave

You have to re-launch the app from where every you extracted I the zip to.  I put a short-cut of the exe in my startup folder so it gets launched at start-up.

Awww,, weird but thanks for the help! and great work around

oside-dave

Ok, so i restarted the remote, and the icon is green, and it shows up under devices in settings again, but when i click the button to select a player, i only get MY DEVICE as the selection..

I still seem to be missing something.

oside-dave

Hi, have you read the instructions on the first post of this page?

yes i read it. other than the green light and the remote showing up in devices, i made sure mpc-hc web interface was enabled, which it was by default,, is there something else i am missing?

I don't use this so i don't know, I only pop in here to assist the developer with what he needs. I was just making sure you knew about the instructions in the first post.

anks

Hi, 

How did you generate the API key if you did?  To me it seems like you are using the old version which no longer works with newer Emby releases?  Did you installed it from post 57?  http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/13199-media-player-classic-remote-control-for-media-browser-experimental/page-3&do=findComment&comment=281801

Anks

Edited by anks

• 3 months later...
shorty1483

Unfortunately stopped working for me. MPC Remote is connected to my WebClient, but nothing happens when I press Play Button. Anyone too?

Happy2Play

Unfortunately stopped working for me. MPC Remote is connected to my WebClient, but nothing happens when I press Play Button. Anyone too?

I occasionally have to restart MPC Remote if it has been running for a long time, and it starts playing with the server again.

Happy2Play

Hm, weird, for me the remote is totally out of order  :(

You have v1.0.0.2 and added an api key?

shorty1483

You have v1.0.0.2 and added an api key?

Yes.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One M8 mit Tapatalk

Edit: After rebooting PC it began to work again  :o

Edited by shorty1483

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
jackal992

Hi guys!

Thanks for the amazing work!

I have a problem in setting the bitrate profile for MPC Remote. Let me explain: I can generally say that I setup MPC remote correctly because I can direct play some 720p movies correctly. But when I switch to 1080p I get "File not found" in MPC. Now it can't be a path problem because it is the same path of the working 720p movie, and the MPC Remote log says: 
"Bitrate exceeds DirectPlay limit" for "Profile: Media Player Classic Home Theater" and "isEligibleForDirectPlay: True, isEligibleForDirectStream: False".

Now they are all normal MKVs that I can play with MPC if I browse the network share, so according to me it should be working.

I set the Playback Max Stream Bitrate to 1080p-60Mbps (the movies are way lower than that (around 10-12 Mbps) but just to be sure...), and I tried to create a new DLNA profile "MPC" which theoretically should be able to read any containers and audio/video format at any bitrate lower than 100Mbps, but I don't understand if what I did is correct (I didn't set any http header, just "Model name" set to "mpc"...).

Besides I am not able to find the "Profile: Media Player Classic Home Theater" mentioned in the log....

Thank you very much!

Edit: just to clarify: basically from the log it shows that it is still using the "Profile: Media Player Classic Home Theater" and not the "MPC" I created, but I cannot find the settings for the profile it is using...

Edit2: I attached the log for a file which returns "File not found" if it can be useful...

I noticed that for the movies that work with MPC remote the log says: "isEligibleForDirectPlay: True, isEligibleForDirectStream: True"...

Edit: Strangely enough my problem was related to a wrong network share path, what I cannot understand is why another movie in the same folder with a lower quality was being played (Direct Play) even with the supposedly wrong path...

But yet a question remains: how can I see the settings for bitrate etc used by the MPC Remote app? In the log it is the so-called "Profile: Media Player Classic Home Theater", but I cannot find it in the DLNA profiles...

Thank you again!

Edited by jackal992

• 11 months later...